Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Member

one of the major difference between me and most people i've ever met is that i put upfront all the things for them to consider. it's rare someone finds out who i really am later on in our acquaintanceship

on the other hand, i've learned to generally withhold judgment because people are almost always disappointing

i'd rather be ugly early
i think i have gotten to know myself pretty well now that i can tell almost right away if i want to be friends or have some sort of relationship w/someone anyway
really does help to cut out bullshit/waste time

Clean Member

Cheryl Tunt v2
i don't like that way of thinking. if it works for u that's cool but i couldn't see myself making lasting connections, that's just not how most interaction works.

ppl usually don't like me at first for whatever reason, both online and irl. that kinda weeds out the ppl i probably wouldn't want to talk to anyway. when they get to kno me they usually stick around, bc im v loyal to my friends and try to maintain connections.
idk chief you're like 16 years old

really what is a lasting connection

Clean Member

broken magnets
i think i have gotten to know myself pretty well now that i can tell almost right away if i want to be friends or have some sort of relationship w/someone anyway
you dont have any useless friends now?

Clean Member

Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2
i don't like that way of thinking. if it works for u that's cool but i couldn't see myself making lasting connections, that's just not how most interaction works.

ppl usually don't like me at first for whatever reason, both online and irl. that kinda weeds out the ppl i probably wouldn't want to talk to anyway. when they get to kno me they usually stick around, bc im v loyal to my friends and try to maintain connections.

im 19
and lasting connections are friends ive had for 5+ years

how old are u, 40? do ur lasting connections exist for decades?

outside of my family, ive made maybe two lasting connections, and i presume those based on the fact that in one case, my career is tethered to the individual, and in another, i am in a long term relationship

i'm 22. too young to know anything palpable about longevity, especially between people

Clean Member

Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2

im 19

outside of my family, ive made maybe two lasting connections, and i presume those based on the fact that in one case, my career is tethered to the individual, and in another, i am in a long term relationship

i'm 22. too young to know anything palpable about longevity, especially between people
it's not like a set term, it's up to u what u consider a "lasting connection." i think it's generally someone u kno for a longer length of time relative to other friends who you've maintained relationships with consistently. they're definitely not easy to keep n i doubt the average joe has very many.

the word 'lasting' implies endurance, or permanence

Clean Member

Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2
im 19

it's not like a set term, it's up to u what u consider a "lasting connection." i think it's generally someone u kno for a longer length of time relative to other friends who you've maintained relationships with consistently. they're definitely not easy to keep n i doubt the average joe has very many.

did u read what i just said

yeah, you said it's relative to the span of your other relationships, which is contradictory to the definition of 'lasting'. i can crack it with your own logic actually. if it's relative to the span of your other relationships, then your relationship with say, your mother, is so much greater than others, that the others are hardly 'lasting' as of yet. moreover you actually did say your last connections are friends you've had for 5+ years, a set term.

actually didn't you say a few days ago that you werent sure you'd experienced enough in life yet, and now you're suggesting you can say for sure these friendships are experienced enough for you to know that they will last long into the future, or have lasted long enough that you will reflect on them when you're twice the age you are now?
Mu Gao
broken magnets
you dont have any useless friends now?
i mean there are a few scragglers i think everyones got acquaintances or ppl they hang out w/only because they have mutual friends
but as for my real n true friends ive known the majority of them at least a few years now if not more
i havent had any new friends really recently

Clean Member

Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2
Mu Gao
Cheryl Tunt v2

did u read what i just said

yeah, you said it's relative to the span of your other relationships, which is contradictory to the definition of 'lasting'. i can crack it with your own logic actually. if it's relative to the span of your other relationships, then your relationship with say, your mother, is so much greater than others, that the others are hardly 'lasting' as of yet. moreover you actually did say your last connections are friends you've had for 5+ years, a set term.

actually didn't you say a few days ago that you werent sure you'd experienced enough in life yet, and now you're suggesting you can say for sure these friendships are experienced enough for you to know that they will last long into the future, or have lasted long enough that you will reflect on them when you're twice the age you are now?

no it's not? the only implication behind lasting is that it endures, and to say it endures longer than other relationships isn't contradictory. family relationships are also different bc everyone knows family first, that's pretty duh. if u rlly want to be a d**k about this, then a lasting relationship w family begins when u can consider them both family and friend.

also if we're continuing w ur d**k theme going on, that thread was referring to experience doing things explicitly mentioned. i.e., doing taxes, worrying about finances, etc. nowhere did i mention uncomfort or difficulty maintaining social relationships.
jinkies

Friendly Gaian

11,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers