Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Homeless People

Are sad 0.24657534246575 24.7% [ 36 ]
Are bums 0.17808219178082 17.8% [ 26 ]
Are missunderstood 0.57534246575342 57.5% [ 84 ]
Total Votes:[ 146 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

We see them often on the side of the road, under bridges, loitering at a convenient store. Some holding signs begging for food, jobs, and money.
Ever ask yourself, what is their story?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Discuss Homeless People:
What do you prefer to call them?
Do you ever feel bad for them?
Would you give them money?
Would you give them food?
Have any stories?
They need to get off their shiftless asses and get a job.
They CHOOSE to be homeless... they would rather sit around collecting Welfare, not paying taxes, and getting free cash from people than go out and try to make a living like the rest of us.
If you're homeless, then how do you have internet access?
I'd give them money. Hell, if I was homeless, I would want some alchohal, too.
OMG U STEAL 56K DON YOU?
i disagree from ffx.

some people just dont get hired by jobs because it is a cut throat world we live in. some people cannot afford things, and go bankrupt. some lose their jobs and are unable to support themselves. or, they may go mentally ill and cannot support themselves.

i only give money to the unfortunate when they dont harrass me and such.
Homeless people are always super nice to me for some reason.

I once got to know a guy called Darren quite well and he was homeless because he was an alcoholic. I think he's all cleaned up now so that makes me happy.
What do you prefer to call them? vagabonds
Do you ever feel bad for them? most of the time
Would you give them money? Yes when i have it to spare
Would you give them food? Definately
Have any stories? A homeless guy offered to clean my windsheild for some change once, i didnt want him to touch my vehicle so i told him no, but gave him a couple bucks anyway. At least he was trying to work for it.
Also a friend of mine gave one some food once and he had a dog. You may be asking yourself why he had a dog when he cant take care of himself, but its for companionship, also he gave the dog some of the food before he fed himself. And as far as people not wanting to give them money because they think theyll use it for drugs or booze: who cares? you did the good deed, let them squander it, or maybe they are saving for a haircut to get a job. Point is you dont know.
There's always this one guy sitting on one of the ends of the Millenium bridge in London beside the Tate Modern, and I see him everytime i visit the gallery...and everytime i see him i feel bad for him.
I call them Hobos, yes I feel bad for them.

And I'd totally give them money and/or food. :[
FFXSage
They need to get off their shiftless asses and get a job.
They CHOOSE to be homeless... they would rather sit around collecting Welfare, not paying taxes, and getting free cash from people than go out and try to make a living like the rest of us.

I know a place down town that gives people jobs who have s**t on the back of their pants, unwashed hair and body for god knows how many years, missing teeth and holes in their clothing.

Sarcasm.
They make me sad. emo
Yeah, I wonder about how that person ended up that way all the time. Then I wonder if they're a scammer who has a beach house in Florida from all this or something. rolleyes
Sometimes I give change to them.. you can sort of tell when someone doesn't want to be there and when someone just wants a shot in the arm.
This is very poignant to me.

My mother, brother, and I are about to become homeless. This weekend, in fact, if we can't find a place to go.

It's easy to disregard these people-- shove them into stereotypes. But in reality, many of them are good people stuck in a terrible situation.

In my case, our step-father walked out on us and left us with nothing. My mother has worked at the same place for 6 years, but you can't support a family on a retail salary. And I just moved home from out of state to help out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff