Welcome to Gaia! ::

If someone called me a Japanophile, I would answer "HECK YES and Thank you!"

Be proud of your obsessions xD
I watch anime and enjoy it. Does that mean I orgasm at the thought of anime or japanese people?
THE ANSWER IS NO!

I like anime, and people automatically assume that's all I like, think, and talk about. I actually don't talk about it that much o_o;
Ikari Dragos
Ofaloaf
Ikari Dragos
Konnichiwa, I am a Japanophile! I do not care, I am. I am just posting to say that.

True-blue Nipponophiles annoy me to no end. Speaketh the English, and make use of references know to people outside of that mystical land in the Orient. I'd honestly rather read or listen to a bunch of dull quotes attributed to Dr. Flaskingham from the University of Metro City, 1951, than from Kawaiinijitusu No Nekokitsunechan (2003), just because I can understand whatever the hell Dr. Flaskingham was saying and it's not all full of inside references. "Oh Gilbermikadosullivan-sama! That's just like [obscure name drop here]!"

Also, I like Scandinavia and Northern Europe better anyways. They always have the weirdest modern music and whatnot.

I can speak German, Russian, French, English, and Japanese. I happen to love the traditions in Japan, and the fact that their spirtual beliefs are so strong. What is wrong with that?

It's annoying, not wrong (I try to be vaguely polite), when the Nipponophiles (mainly the Anime, Manga, and misc. Pop Culture ones) get so obessed that they loose sight of all else and the only thing they are really good at is modern-day Japan. Or so it seems to me. The History of the Pope and Antipope in Rome and Avignon? "No idea what that is!" War of the Roses? "Wasn't that in Korea?" Gilbert and Sullivan? "Pirates, right?" Oi vey, it will pester my mind to the end of time.

Really, it's probably just all the birght colors in some of those Nipponese cartoons. Sets off a tick or something, I dunno.

I applaud you for your command over four languages, though. It's mainly the Japan-only-and-nothing-else folks who get at my nerves.
gimme_chocolate
If someone called me a Japanophile, I would answer "HECK YES and Thank you!"

Be proud of your obsessions xD

Yes, Nice attitude. I wish everyone thought like you.
DHT
the gd isn't your journal.

Wow! It must have taken some brains to figure that one out. Well done. Come back when you've figured out what else isn't your journal.
pfftt.

that's retarded.

i mean don't get me wrong, there are a lot of weeaboo japanophiles on this site and all

but just because you happen to like something from japan - for its quality and because it genuinely appeals to you - doesn't make you a japanophile.
it's those kinds of generalizations that fuel the assholery between stereotypes.
Well, I say let Live and let Live.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces