Welcome to Gaia! ::

yes, I love my boyfriend. and no, he doesn't hit me.

he's never even raised his voice at me.

but I wonder about the women who get beaten by their men and why they stay with them.

do they stay out of love? or fear? or low self-esteem?

I think it's a combination of the last two. you simply can't love someone who doesn't respect you enough not to hit you. I personally wouldn't allow it. I love my boyfriend, but I love myself even more.

discuss that ♥♥♥
Sometimes, it's all three of the things you said. People are very strange.
Bonesnapper
true...but I still find it hard to believe you can love someone who beats you willingly
You guys do realize that the guy who started the "I hit my woman" thread was really just writing a satire, right?
I know a few women who get off on having their BFs hit them. Admittedly it's only during sexual intercourse, and nothing that will cause any permanent bruises or bleeding, but nonetheless, it happens. Guess everyone is different.
lawl ur dead B:

I think they stay because...not to sound corneh, but love IS a strong emotion D:
Quote:
I think it's a combination of the last two. you simply can't love someone who doesn't respect you enough not to hit you. I personally wouldn't allow it. I love my boyfriend, but I love myself even more.

That's easy enough to say if you haven't been in that kind of situation yourself confused
Marilyn Monroe...dead
yes, I love my boyfriend. and no, he doesn't hit me.

he's never even raised his voice at me.

but I wonder about the women who get beaten by their men and why they stay with them.

do they stay out of love? or fear? or low self-esteem?

discuss that ♥♥♥

I take karate lessons. If he tried to hit me I'd defend myself and/or get the ******** outta dodge. Domestic violence is a NO NO. No second chances, no nothing.
Marilyn Monroe...dead
Bonesnapper
true...but I still find it hard to believe you can love someone who beats you willingly
Well, one with low self-esteem may believe that it is their fault they are being hit. There are so many ways of thinking with situations like this.
Mostly fear, I think.
Most of the women who are beaten have such low self-esteem that they feel it's their fault they're being beaten.

They feel they deserve it. Like, they shouldn't have made him mad, and other excuses.

They'll do whatever they can to justify the guys actions. In their mind, they feel loved. Then, the fear is also an issue.

They're scared to leave.
I don't think that just because a guy hits a girl it means he doesn't love him. If my fiance' hit me, in all honesty I would be upset about it but I wouldn't leave him or even make a huge deal about it. Not because of low self esteem, but because I love him and I know he loves me. Besides, if I did something bad enough to deserve to be smacked...I'd probably welcome it.
Moonbeam170
You guys do realize that the guy who started the "I hit my woman" thread was really just writing a satire, right?
Tetryon
I know a few women who get off on having their BFs hit them. Admittedly it's only during sexual intercourse, and nothing that will cause any permanent bruises or bleeding, but nonetheless, it happens. Guess everyone is different.
being hit during sexual intercourse is a lot different than getting hit during normal time. sexual spanking can be pretty hot if done the right way
Sometimes people are so in love that their brains DIE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff