Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old news.

The average Gaian doesn't have anything to worry about.

This isn't the first time Habeas corpus has been suspended, and it's probably not going to be the last. It's temporary. Stop freaking out.
luckyninja
Old news.

This is a temporary measure. Stop freaking out.

So you're saying that there is nothing dangerous about an act that says that the government can declare you an enemy of the state and then do what they want with you?
christie lee
luckyninja
Old news.

This isn't the first time Habeas corpus has been suspended, and it's probably not going to be the last. It's temporary. Stop freaking out.

So you're saying that there is nothing dangerous about an act that says that the government can declare you an enemy of the state and then do what they want with you?

I didn't say that. In fact, I'm ashamed Congress that didn't put their collective foot down with a resounding "NAY, ********!" the moment it hit the agenda.

Again, the average Gaian has nothing to worry about. Again, it's not the first time it's been temporarily suspended. Since the US doesn't have a secret police force and the Military Comissions Act specifies that you have to be suspected of connections to terrorists and other enemy combatants to be held, Average Joe walking down Main Street USA isn't going to be yanked off the street and thrown into jail.
christie lee
The Millitary Commissions Act is truely vile and disturbing. I'm working on reading it and it gives me chills.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't read the whole thing yet. I was too distracted by school, but worse, I didn't have the stomach for it. I have never been much for type of thing until recently. I am still learning and educating myself as well.
luckyninja
christie lee
luckyninja
Old news.

I didn't say that. In fact, I'm ashamed Congress that didn't put their collective foot down with a resounding "NAY, ********!" the moment it hit the agenda.

Again, the average Gaian has nothing to worry about. Again, it's not the first time it's been temporarily suspended. Since the US doesn't have a secret police force and the Military Comissions Act specifies that you have to be suspected of connections to terrorists and other enemy combatants to be held, Average Joe walking down Main Street USA isn't going to be yanked off the street and thrown into jail.

From what the lawyers tell me on the Military Commission Act, that isn't true. We can be declared terrorist and unlawful combatants with cause. I DID check in on that part from the military lawyers down to the civil lawyers.

As for freaking out, I am only speaking for myself here when I say, "Get to know me better before accusing me of such things."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff