Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
(CNSNews.com) - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly plans to veto a "gay history" bill if it reaches his desk.

A conservative advocacy group that led opposition to the bill called the report good news for parents:

The bill, SB 1437, would have required social studies textbooks used in California public schools to include "the role and contributions of...people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender...with particular emphasis on portraying the role of these groups in contemporary society."

The bill also would have barred textbooks and school-sponsored activities from "reflecting adversely" on transsexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality.

Conservative critics said the bill would have forced schools to promote same-sex marriage and even sex-change procedures.

"The governor believes that school curriculum should include all important historical figures, regardless of orientation," Schwarzenegger's director of communications, Adam Mendelsohn, told Thursday's Sacramento Bee. "However, he does not support the Legislature micromanaging curriculum."

Gay history is retarded.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

Discuss if you agree or disagree with the ridiculous idea of making gay history, or the fact that the bill would bar any adverse mentioning towards gays.

Tell me something, you morons.

Have you ever read anything negative about gay people in a ******** school text book?

No, you ******** haven't.
I haven't read anything positive either.

It's like the history of midgets, goths, or Mexicans.

Nobody cares.
gays should just take a chill pill and be in society with the rest of us. if a gay did something good, well good for him... her. i don't know. he doesn't need to have his sexual orientation advocated in a textbook.

Dapper Cutie-Pie

I don't feel it's necessary, actually, they are just bringing themselves up for more criticism.

I like boys, I like girls, and I have a gay brother, but I'm not an activist.
Jew Jitsu
Quote:
(CNSNews.com) - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly plans to veto a "gay history" bill if it reaches his desk.

A conservative advocacy group that led opposition to the bill called the report good news for parents:

The bill, SB 1437, would have required social studies textbooks used in California public schools to include "the role and contributions of...people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender...with particular emphasis on portraying the role of these groups in contemporary society."

The bill also would have barred textbooks and school-sponsored activities from "reflecting adversely" on transsexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality.

Conservative critics said the bill would have forced schools to promote same-sex marriage and even sex-change procedures.

"The governor believes that school curriculum should include all important historical figures, regardless of orientation," Schwarzenegger's director of communications, Adam Mendelsohn, told Thursday's Sacramento Bee. "However, he does not support the Legislature micromanaging curriculum."

Gay history is retarded.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

Discuss if you agree or disagree with the ridiculous idea of making gay history, or the fact that the bill would bar any adverse mentioning towards gays.

Tell me something, you morons.

Have you ever read anything negative about gay people in a ******** school text book?

No, you ******** haven't.

I know! Let's teach our children tolerance by drawing attention to important figure's sexual preferences! That way they know to look for it!
honestly i think the bill should be passed.
1.) so they can shut the f*** up
2.) becuz i mean whats wrong with it just let them be who they are
I read something about kykes.

surprised heart
It's allowing special rights. I agree that maybe they should point out a couple, but a whole bunch? That's just speacial treatment.
News has nothing else to offer now a days. Its sad.

Anxious Vampire

10,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Millionaire 200
THAT. Is stupid.
Sounds like more wasted tax money.
mistero_immortale
honestly i think the bill should be passed.
1.) so they can shut the f*** up
2.) becuz i mean whats wrong with it just let them be who they are

It doesn't matter who's ******** gay. An important historical figure is important because of what he or she did, not because of who they ********.

Gay people wouldn't get nearly as much resistance if they'd just ******** shut up from time to time. At this point, I might just start descriminating out of spite.
Mingan Nightwalker
I haven't read anything positive either.

It's like the history of midgets, goths, or Mexicans.

Nobody cares.

Attila the Hun may have been a midget. He wasn't a goth though. Alaric and Theodoric were goths.

Of course, neither were Mexicans.
Romans and Greeks were bisexual/gay. cool
I don't think it would promote same sex marriage or sex change operations (which aren't easy to come by even if you KNOW you want one, so somebody who was brainwashed by a textbook to think they wanted one or something would almost certainly not be able to get one), but really it seems pointless. How about just if someone is transgendered or gay and important to history, mention them. Doesn't matter what their frigging sexual preference is unless their contribution to history was directly related to that.

It doesn't seem that complicated. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces