Which one?

Fiath 0.4656862745098 46.6% [ 95 ]
Dedes 0.5343137254902 53.4% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 204 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

TOV Wrote:
Quote:
Ok,... if someone else said this then I'm sorry,... but I Quote

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son. Whoso ever 'BELIEVETH' in him shall have eternal life."

HHMMMMM,.... Believeth = Faith

Quote:
Well, it doesn't say anything about the people who don't believe~

exactly,... no faith,.... no eternal life,..... it's one of the things that bugs me about it all,....

I mean, if God hadn't allowed the Jewish people to not believe that Jesus was the savior,... he would never have been crucified, but because of that, they don't have the faith that is supposed to give them eternal life. Is God going to forgive them anyway because he needed them to not believe? or are they doomed in his eyes,.... I have friends who are Jewish, and I have always worried about that.
TOV
TOV Wrote:
Quote:

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son. Whoso ever 'BELIEVETH' in him shall have eternal life."

Quote:

exactly,... no faith,.... no eternal life,..... it's one of the things that bugs me about it all,....

I mean, if God hadn't allowed the Jewish people to not believe that Jesus was the savior,... he would never have been crucified, but because of that, they don't have the faith that is supposed to give them eternal life. Is God going to forgive them anyway because he needed them to not believe? or are they doomed in his eyes,.... I have friends who are Jewish, and I have always worried about that.

I was thinking more like it never said that those without faith would not be rewarded with eternal life.

Anyway, he told the Jews that if they followed a few rules and mutilated their young boys that they would inherit the earth- they never got any of that, what makes us think we're getting any of this eternal life if we do as he says? Next thing you know some group of people will be promised their own worlds if they do whatever wierd crap they're told to.
I hate bibles.
Bible can die.
I'd burn a bible.
Just kidding.
Not really.
God says you don't need either. What you do need, however, is moneys. Lots and lots of moneys. God likes moneys. heart
Shokushu

Anyway, he told the Jews that if they followed a few rules and mutilated their young boys that they would inherit the earth- they never got any of that, what makes us think we're getting any of this eternal life if we do as he says? Next thing you know some group of people will be promised their own worlds if they do whatever wierd crap they're told to.
I believe there's something like that in the Mormon faith.
What do you think will come next? Shove rodents up your a** and you get to do God's job for a day?
Oh damn, I forgot to mention the Muslims who get to go to heaven AND get seventy two virgins...
TOV
TOV Wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, Revelation talks about nonbelievers.
This is one of those instances wherein which the Bible contradicts itself. I do actually remember reading somewhere in the Bible that "It is by your faith and not your deeds that you are saved." I forget exactly where this passage is. But the entire book of James revolves around the doctrine: "Faith without works is dead." I think the former might have been a direct quote from Jesus; if it is, then I'd take that over James's word easily.

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
[Gene Starwind]
Any King James version certainly isn't the word of God.

It was written by prommie authors of the time such as Shakespeare.

Edit:
Quote:

Which is why I go to the ESV or the RSV versions. Going back to the original texts (called primary documents in my major programme) is a good thing.

Ideally, as far as your question is concerned, I believe it has to be tempered against whatever Christ says. After all, we're Christians, not Paulists, y'know?

Additionally, while I love Paul's writings to death, there are times I really wanted to boot him in the head for some of the things that he wrote. Granted, I'm in a differing place and time than he was, but what can be extrapolated from texts now sometimes grinds my gears. But pay no attention to the rambling liberal Christian with conservative money policies.
So essentially the people on Gaia who believe that you should take the bible to be literal and infallible are either idiots or don't answer questions.
Maybe they just haven't noticed your thread, try to catch them in the next thread about evolution controversy.
I wish I cared enough to read the bible.

Familiar Fatcat

Did you know that at the tim the Bible was translated to English the word 'heaven' simply meant 'the sky'.

That means every time the word heaven appears in the bible, it is just talking about the regular sky. surprised I saw that on a bible scholar thing on History Channel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff