Welcome to Gaia! ::

maybe you should put up an article with some good info then... cause, sorry... but its alot more productive to give counter evidence than just say that their facts are wrong or missing...
wakisoujiro
maybe you should put up an article with some good info then... cause, sorry... but its alot more productive to give counter evidence than just say that their facts are wrong or missing...
Or you could do what I suggested and educate yourself. biggrin

If anything, go to wikipedia. Not the bvest source out there, but it's a start.

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
i was taught that it was a drug. I was taught that drugs were bad. I got my info in DARE when i was in fifth grade. I suppose things could have changed since then.

I frown on it, probably because of that and because I just always have. But there are some LEGAl things that i frown on. I have seen evidence, though, that it really isn't that bad, I've known p[eople who smoked pot and weren't the worse for it. I don't think i've ever known anyone eho was a junkie because of it. They went to work, they did their job well wnough and they owned things.

They really aren'y dysfunctional people. It obviously hasn't had a negative affevt.
Wikiweedia

Pretty good article here, even though it's a wiki. They cite alot of sources for their info.
My friend's brother is a junkie. He told me once that he started on heroin (at age 9, by the way) because people told him "Don't smoke pot- pot will kill you."
Failure_to_Comply
My friend's brother is a junkie. He told me once that he started on heroin (at age 9, by the way) because people told him "Don't smoke pot- pot will kill you."
That's pretty ******** up right there.

Mega Lunatic

Failure_to_Comply
That's about how I remember D.A.R.E. being. Lots and lots of talk about pot, a little about cocaine, nothing on heroin. Even in 6th grade I thought this was a bit off.
adding up numbers
Failure_to_Comply
That's pretty ******** up right there.

Yeah, that's ok though, he's a jerk now. neutral
Maramas
Failure_to_Comply
That's about how I remember D.A.R.E. being. Lots and lots of talk about pot, a little about cocaine, nothing on heroin. Even in 6th grade I thought this was a bit off.

They pretty much told us that you'll get addicted to anything you try, even once, and be a slave to it for the rest of your life. Then they showed us ugly pictures of smokers' lungs.
There was another study done in the US that showed how kids who were a part of the DARE program were just as likely to start smoking weed in highschool as kids who weren't.
Failure_to_Comply
Maramas
Failure_to_Comply

They pretty much told us that you'll get addicted to anything you try, even once, and be a slave to it for the rest of your life. Then they showed us ugly pictures of smokers' lungs.
Which is obviously absolute bullshit.

I tried smoking twice and have never done it again. And it wasn't like I took a couple puffs. I went through the whole cig each time and never got addicted.

It takes a while for addiction to set in.
Niccotine is more addictive than coccaine.

Mega Lunatic

Failure_to_Comply
Maramas
Failure_to_Comply

Yeah, I recall that too. For some reason the pictures never really bothered me, I just never tried any drugs because that was the boring thing the adults did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff