Welcome to Gaia! ::

Holy crap, your dress codes, from what I've read, are lenient.

1. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS

A) Any clothing deemed disruptive or distracting to the educational process or that is a safety hazard is prohibited.

B) Accommodations for students with religious requirements will be made on individual basis.

C) Accommodations for students with disabilities will be made on an individual basis.

D) Students with special conditions requiring special consideration should contact the principal or an assistant principal.

E) All clothing should be clean and in good repair.

F) No see-through clothing or cutouts are permitted. (meaning fishnets and the like)

G) No industrial or pet chains or collars around neck, wrists, or waist, or chains attached to wallets or clothing are permitted.

H) Accessories must not disrupt the educational process or draw undo attention to the individual.

I) Student attire cannot be modified, (i.e. rolling up a pant leg).

J) No sunglasses may be worn or visible at any time during the day. (including those transitions lenses, like my friend who got yelled at because they didn't change quickly enough)

K) Spirit group uniforms worn to class must meet all dress code requirements.

2. SHIRTS/SWEATERS/SWEATSHIRTS

A) Shirts must have a collar or crew neckline that exposes no more than the collarbone. If the shirt has buttons, it must be buttoned to meet the above requirement.

B) All shirts must have sleeves. (short or long).

C) Shirts must be tucked in. (yeah, I hate this one.)

D) Shirts/Sweaters/Sweatshirts must have no writing; graphics and/or logos must be smaller than a quarter. Sweatshirts/Sweaters should hang at the waist/beltline. D-B athletic/club/activity shirts are permitted upon approval. (this really gets me. I mean, it's just crazy.)

E) Hooded sweatshirts are considered outerwear and must be stored in a locker.

3. PANTS AND SHORTS

A) Pants and shorts are to be of solid color - khaki, olive, navy, or blue jeans (no sweatpants/pajama bottoms). They are to have a hemmed edge.

B) No cargo pants/cargo shorts; this includes large pant leg pockets.

C) Pants and shorts must have NO rips/tears/holes.

D) Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist and be size appropriate; no sagging where underwear or undergarments are exposed.

E) Pant/shorts with belt loops require a belt.

F) No excessive length or leg width.

G) Shorts/Capris must reach the knee or below.

4. SKIRTS, DRESSES, AND JUMPERS

A) All skirts, dresses, and jumpers must reach the bottom of the knee or longer. (except the cheerleaders, of course)

B) The top of the dress must meet the shirt/sweater requirement of the dress code.

C) Slits in skirts may not be above the knee.

5. HAIR/HEAD WEAR/HATS

A) Hair must be well groomed and out of the students eyes.

B) No unnatural hair coloring (i.e. pink, orange, purple, etc.) is permitted.

C) No head coverings are permitted in the building. This includes hats, scarves, sweatbands, bandanas (rolled or otherwise), stockings, etc.

6. COATS/OUTERWEAR

A) All outerwear is to be removed and put in the locker upon arrival to school. (stuff them in the tiny lockers for which they gave us the wrong codes)

B) Coats, jackets, or pullover fleece-wear must not be below hip length. Students are not permitted to carry these clothing articles with them during the day.

C) Suit coats and blazers are not outerwear and therefore are permitted.

7. SHOES

A) Shoes must be worn at all times.

B) No house shoes or slippers are permitted.

C) Shoes must have a sole strong enough not to bend heel to toe. (meaning flip-flops and the like)

8. FACIAL PIERCINGS

A) Facial piercing is limited to ears.

B) Gauged ears- Use of plugs is permitted. No objects may protrude beyond either side of the ear lobe.

Oi.

Fluffy Elder

eek
Holy s**t, I hate to go to that school. Here, you can wear a muscle shirt only if it was made to be sleeveless. No Jeans with excess wear or large holes but that is a different story and the chain thing is the same thing at my school and we have to wear stupid IDs around our necks whenever we're on school grounds and I get to hear about how now I have to my id around my neck in class, because I was out sick for 2 days.
Bloody_Wolf_Jester
eek
Holy s**t, I hate to go to that school. Here, you can wear a muscle shirt only if it was made to be sleeveless. No Jeans with excess wear or large holes but that is a different story and the chain thing is the same thing at my school and we have to wear stupid IDs around our necks whenever we're on school grounds and I get to hear about how now I have to my id around my neck in class, because I was out sick for 2 days.

If they stop you in the hallway, and you look suspicious, you have to show them your ID, but nobody really checks for that here.
Some places I could see this as being a problem. Te number of places where it's an actual issue are a lot less numerous though.
The people who make/push these descisions are basically the school faculty and the stuff Christian activist mothers of the community. Either group is really distanced from the youth perspective but adults are the ones who make the rules. You can only really try to learn from this and when you have a say make your voice heard so the generations of the future don't have to put up with trivial things like that.

I've only ever had a strict dress code like that back in Jr. High but I was a straight A (ok, more like upper B but that just doesn't roll off the tounge the same way,) student and they never so much as stopped me in the halls. I had my hair spiked at about two or three times the length the code allowed but they always spent their time harassing the kids they thought of as trouble makers.
...authority figures ought to have to present a working understanding of phsychology before they can go enforcing their authority on you poor kids.
Why not just have unifroms?

Its not that I'm in favour of uniforms, but it really gets rid of a lot of those dress codes -___-

And I agree with Shokushu. Teachers should learn about child psycology before becoming an acutal teacher. Its stupid how one can say 'When I was a kid, I had to [etc' because its very different now, than it was when our teachers were our age.
in my gay wellfair middle school the dress code is; no tanktops unless three fingers wide of a strap,skirts cant be higher that like 4-7 inches above your knee's, u cant have any sexual content or curse words on anything on what were wareing... gay wellfair Emily Carr... but the guys are hott,and nice, my bf is both whee heart

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
The people who enforce dress codes have a bully mentality. They like to use their power to push those under them around. Most bullies,,however, will back down if you stand up to them, simply because they don't want to go through any real trouble. That is why bullies always seek out easy prey. Simply, if you ignore their dress codes and especially do so in large numbers, they will back down when they see that you refuse to submit to their rules. They only like to enforce rules they know they can easily enforce.
Shinobi 1977
The people who enforce dress codes have a bully mentality. They like to use their power to push those under them around. Most bullies,,however, will back down if you stand up to them, simply because they don't want to go through any real trouble. That is why bullies always seek out easy prey. Simply, if you ignore their dress codes and especially do so in large numbers, they will back down when they see that you refuse to submit to their rules. They only like to enforce rules they know they can easily enforce.

You gotta remember I almost got suspended for trying to get my pencil case back from this kid who thinks its still funny to grab other people's stuff and run.

Now, call me nerd, but I really don't want to get suspended. My aprents are, being stereotypcially Asian [I'm Asian] extremely strict, meaning that if I get in an trouble at school or even anything lower than an 85% on my report card, I'm literally doomed. The a*****e I call the vice principal knows this. And he uses it to his advantage.
-squints- ...is...is that a Fatal Frame signature?...anyway. Dress codes are put in place for a reason, but the only clothes that would be a severe threat are tube tops and pantyshot miniskirts. Fishnet can only go so far--there's holes in it, so it counts as sheer, and some people consider sheer clothing to be inappropriate. Ehh, at least he didn't send you home.
Wow... It must suck to Go to Schools with Strict Dress codes... My school doesn't seem to Care all that much. The guys have almost no restrictions and the girls Have to cover the Navel at least while not Looking like a slut.

Even my Hair isn't a problem. I dyed half Bright pen-cap Red And half Blue Two weeks ago. When the Principle saw it she just Laughed.
Wow, this exact thing happened to one of my friends friends at his school like yestruday. But yeah that does suck.
Heh, yes Delicio, that is a Fatal Frame sig. The Kiryu twins are jsut so adoable <3

My hair is naturally black, but I've had it dyed blonde, pruple, and red. At different times, and all at the same time [it was my aunt's fault, ok!] and all I got was compliments, But of course that was last year, becfore the a*****e VP of doom worked here.

I understand dress codes concerning the slut-level, but to take away one's self-expression? As I've said before, why no give us uniforms, if you're going to do that.
Dark Elegance
Heh, yes Delicio, that is a Fatal Frame sig. The Kiryu twins are jsut so adoable <3

My hair is naturally black, but I've had it dyed blonde, pruple, and red. At different times, and all at the same time [it was my aunt's fault, ok!] and all I got was compliments, But of course that was last year, becfore the a*****e VP of doom worked here.

I understand dress codes concerning the slut-level, but to take away one's self-expression? As I've said before, why no give us uniforms, if you're going to do that.
I agree... Things like Fish-net and other materials That are See through Should be Fine (as long as areas are covered) And those Who wear them should be left alone
Beverly Kills
hunter7733
My school told us we wern't allowed tank tops....My friend wore a tank top one day, and they didn't say a word to her. I don't think my school really cares anymore..

I wish my school was like that. The dean over here has a fit if you have your shirt untucked.

That's just exactly the same as my school! The Dean Arwine gives detentions for iuntucked shirts. And on Monday is Dress Code Sweep #1. So any adult that sees you out of dress code, gives you a detention. That's it. Arbitrarily. (sp?) With no warning. *Gulp*
Emerald Sun
Beverly Kills
hunter7733
My school told us we wern't allowed tank tops....My friend wore a tank top one day, and they didn't say a word to her. I don't think my school really cares anymore..

I wish my school was like that. The dean over here has a fit if you have your shirt untucked.

That's just exactly the same as my school! The Dean Arwine gives detentions for iuntucked shirts. And on Monday is Dress Code Sweep #1. So any adult that sees you out of dress code, gives you a detention. That's it. yep thats true. hey some teachers give us all a one hour detention. ES my english teacher can give us an hour.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff