Yes 0.17977528089888 18.0% [ 16 ]
No 0.28089887640449 28.1% [ 25 ]
I'm a bum. 0.53932584269663 53.9% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Mistress_My_Little_Pony
Carnevale
Mistress_My_Little_Pony
I hate my job...that's why I put in my two weeks notice yesterday. sweatdrop I was sick and tired of being told I couldn't have a few days off that I needed. They wouldn't give me four hours off to go see my grandmother when we thought she was dying in the hospital. And then they wouldn't let me have time off to go to my in-laws surprise 25th aniversary party that we had been helping to plan for four months, and I asked four months in advance!

They wouldn't let me have either time (even though I called in sick both times xd ) because they gave it to the same woman to go to this religious confernce she goes to once a month!!

Needless to say, I was out of there. And I'm now searching again. I miss my old job at the pet store... crying

That's pretty cruddy. Is the pet store the job that you're talking about, or a prior one? At my store, I have to deal with old people in large numbers. I actually think I feel them sapping my vitality. They hassle me over 20 effin' cents. So I act real nice, bag their stuff, and put it in their cart. What they don't realize until they leave is that I bag that stuff so heavy, they'll very likely dislocate something putting it in their old, rickety cars.

The pet store was a prior job. I worked there for four years before moving out of state for college. I was jobless for my first year and a half and then I caught (what I thought was) a lucky break at the local Rite-Aid. Boy was I wrong. I got hassled about everything from things being over-priced to people missing the weekly sales. I even had one lady flip a cart upside down in front of my because she thought I was accusing her of shoplifting (which I wasn't, but that one was actually kind of funny). And the worst was always the men who'd buy condoms and think it was mandatory for them to make some perverted comment. I'd kill them all if I could....at 7.25 an hour, it just wasn't worth it...

I don't even want to -think- about college just yet. I've got my senior year of highschool to slack through, and I won't be working at Shop-Rite by the end of it. I had two ladies fight. Sunday starts the new sales for the week, so they're always hectic. Two full grown women started cussing each other out for some obscure reason. I've gotten a little ticked with customers' rude behavior. Since I've worked there, I've always tried to leave as much of my personality at the door as possible. Now I kinda fudge that rule, and am rude to customers who are rude to me. And I've also invented the "Make customers feel uncomfortable" Game. Good times.

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm a freeloader lmfao
Isn't everyone...
Carnevale
Mistress_My_Little_Pony
Carnevale
Mistress_My_Little_Pony
I hate my job...that's why I put in my two weeks notice yesterday. sweatdrop I was sick and tired of being told I couldn't have a few days off that I needed. They wouldn't give me four hours off to go see my grandmother when we thought she was dying in the hospital. And then they wouldn't let me have time off to go to my in-laws surprise 25th aniversary party that we had been helping to plan for four months, and I asked four months in advance!

They wouldn't let me have either time (even though I called in sick both times xd ) because they gave it to the same woman to go to this religious confernce she goes to once a month!!

Needless to say, I was out of there. And I'm now searching again. I miss my old job at the pet store... crying

That's pretty cruddy. Is the pet store the job that you're talking about, or a prior one? At my store, I have to deal with old people in large numbers. I actually think I feel them sapping my vitality. They hassle me over 20 effin' cents. So I act real nice, bag their stuff, and put it in their cart. What they don't realize until they leave is that I bag that stuff so heavy, they'll very likely dislocate something putting it in their old, rickety cars.

The pet store was a prior job. I worked there for four years before moving out of state for college. I was jobless for my first year and a half and then I caught (what I thought was) a lucky break at the local Rite-Aid. Boy was I wrong. I got hassled about everything from things being over-priced to people missing the weekly sales. I even had one lady flip a cart upside down in front of my because she thought I was accusing her of shoplifting (which I wasn't, but that one was actually kind of funny). And the worst was always the men who'd buy condoms and think it was mandatory for them to make some perverted comment. I'd kill them all if I could....at 7.25 an hour, it just wasn't worth it...

I don't even want to -think- about college just yet. I've got my senior year of highschool to slack through, and I won't be working at Shop-Rite by the end of it. I had two ladies fight. Sunday starts the new sales for the week, so they're always hectic. Two full grown women started cussing each other out for some obscure reason. I've gotten a little ticked with customers' rude behavior. Since I've worked there, I've always tried to leave as much of my personality at the door as possible. Now I kinda fudge that rule, and am rude to customers who are rude to me. And I've also invented the "Make customers feel uncomfortable" Game. Good times.

Haha, me and the only cool girl who worked at Rite-Aid used to do that. The manager was always telling her to take out her eyebrow ring cause it made customers nervous. And she mever did. She also had this priest come in and try and convert her all the time. One day she finally got fed up and just said "I can't become a catholic, Satan already has dibs on me." He got all flustered and left. The thing is, she's the nicest person you'll ever meet. She's the only thing that will make me miss the job cause I'm going to end up leaving her there with all the old people who work there and the rude customers.
Im a cashier at a supermarket too. I know the horrors of it. When I go to college in September I might quit. Though doesn't everyone dislike and or hate their job at some point?
Mistress_My_Little_Pony
Carnevale
Mistress_My_Little_Pony
Carnevale
Mistress_My_Little_Pony

Haha, me and the only cool girl who worked at Rite-Aid used to do that. The manager was always telling her to take out her eyebrow ring cause it made customers nervous. And she mever did. She also had this priest come in and try and convert her all the time. One day she finally got fed up and just said "I can't become a catholic, Satan already has dibs on me." He got all flustered and left. The thing is, she's the nicest person you'll ever meet. She's the only thing that will make me miss the job cause I'm going to end up leaving her there with all the old people who work there and the rude customers.

Well, sometimes we stare at them like serial killers. Other times we ask them awkward questions. Some other times we just carry on weird conversations in front of them.
I like my job. I write on ornaments and piggy banks and get to hang out with this ADHD Chinese boy. He sells cell phones. 3nodding
I babysit alot and its not too bad, it pays well.
AbsintheMinded
I like my job. I write on ornaments and piggy banks and get to hang out with this ADHD Chinese boy. He sells cell phones. 3nodding

That's just....Come again?
[.The Taco Theif.]

Babysittage. I used to do that for a little. But it's not really reliable as a source of income, in most cases.
Carnevale
AbsintheMinded

I work at a kiosk in the local mall. We personalize different novelty items and, around the holidays, ornaments. It's a pretty chill place to work, but is hell when it's busy.

Pay sucks, but I don't have to worry too much about money. No car, no rent to pay, and mommie still buys my food. gonk heart wink
Carnevale
[.The Taco Theif.]

Babysittage. I used to do that for a little. But it's not really reliable as a source of income, in most cases.
I kind of hate children. But only when they cry. Or speak. They can be cute sometimes.

Like when my 8 year old cousin said "You got served" to me. I liked that.
AbsintheMinded
Carnevale
AbsintheMinded

I work at a kiosk in the local mall. We personalize different novelty items and, around the holidays, ornaments. It's a pretty chill place to work, but is hell when it's busy.

Pay sucks, but I don't have to worry too much about money. No car, no rent to pay, and mommie still buys my food. gonk heart wink

That makes more sense now. And my parents still pay for most s**t for me too, so I get to keep all my money. Although Christmas this year is killing me.
AbsintheMinded
Carnevale
[.The Taco Theif.]

I kind of hate children. But only when they cry. Or speak. They can be cute sometimes.

Like when my 8 year old cousin said "You got served" to me. I liked that.

I have an 8 year old sister. She looks just like me, so it's kind of hard not to laugh when you feel like you're fighting with a mirror.
Carnevale
AbsintheMinded
Carnevale
AbsintheMinded

That makes more sense now. And my parents still pay for most s**t for me too, so I get to keep all my money. Although Christmas this year is killing me.
I've never been one for giving gifts. Like... I think I only plan on giving one this year, and I bought it from my job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff