They're equal 0.2741935483871 27.4% [ 34 ]
wtf is fashion? 0.096774193548387 9.7% [ 12 ]
Hey, I think I have that belt. 0.19354838709677 19.4% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 124 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

User Image

User Image

User Image

What exactly is the point of belts that don't actually work as belts or other accessories that don't actually serve the purpose they were made to serve?

Do you guys value fashion over function?

How many of you guys are into fashionable clothes and how many of you are boringly dressed slobs? (I'll be the first to admit that I'm a fashionless tool.)

What do you think of people who wear things that are obviously solely for fashionable purposes? Are you one of those people?

I kind of doubt many people here will confess to being fashion-savvy, but that's because I suspect that most of the people who frequent Gaia (or the internet in general) are more concerned with things of a dorkier nature than with being dressed "attractively."
Meh, I usually wear belts because I don't want my pants falling in the middle of a public area.
i use mine for both 3nodding

I find them kind of nice.

Honestly, I go for a fashionable look (thank god that "casual" never goes out of style).

However, I wouldn't wear a belt for the hell of it.

Anything I have on me, HAS to have a purpose.

User Image

Quotable Nerd

8,275 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
I hate those belts, especially when someone wears them on their a**.

I don't bother with fashion. Jeans and tees for me.
I've always been annoyed by belts that don't actually hold up your trousers, or other pointless items of clothing (eg. a year or so back when the fashion sections kept going on about 'tippets' - what the hell were they for?). It's mainly a female fashion thing; men's clothing is designed for practicality and comfort, whereas women's clothing is designed to emphasise the body at the expense of actual usefulness - in this case the big pointless belts draw attention to the hips.

Durem Elder

I've come to the point in my life where, as long as people's bodies are not on display and not in my face, I don't really care how other people dress. As far as belts, they don't make them big enough for my waist anyway so I never cared about them at all.
lol i love belts
my pants all fit me so i just wear belts for fashion. i wear like three or four at a time =D
I always wear a belt because it is damn near impossible to get pants small enough to fit me but if I didn't need a belt I would wear two useless belts just to spite you. ^.^
this is why i hate fasion

FASHION TO DIE FOR

Mine does both.

Wheezing Smoker

I'm fashionable in my own sense of the word, I admit I usually dress well and with flair. But I don't keep up with the "in" things/things I don't like.

I have a guy friend who is a major metro. He colour co-ordinates and always looks savvy : )

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
I'm not a fashionable person. I think those belts are dumb. My belts usually look okay, but more importantly, they work. That's the most important thing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff