Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, I am getting very sick of these threads that are asking if <insert topic here> should be allowed. Two of the biggest ones are:

Legalization of Marijuana
and
Allowing Gay people to be married.

Any reasonable person immediatly would respond yes to both of those.

The most common argument brought up about marijuana/other drugs (actually just about the only argument) is along the lines of "It is bad for you, and it could ruin your life, so it should be illegal". Now not only is that not true (at least in the case of marijuana), but also the fact that the government has no business 'protecting' you from yourself. The law is supposed to protect citizens from eachother, you are supposed to be allowed to do whatever you want to yourself, as long as it does not go against another persons rights. Doing drugs is protected by the 9th amendment. End of story.

Gay Marriage is also protected by the constitution, because according to the constitution everyone is equal, which means that the government cannot give rights to one group while denying another. It is supposed to be equal rights for all citizens. Therefor they either allow no one to get married, or everyone to get married.

So please. STOP MAKING 5 MILLION THREADS ON THE LEGALITY OF MARIJUANA AND GAY MARRIAGE.

Discussion:
1. Other overused topics like this one
2. Rebuttles to my arguments
3. Your opinion on either subject
4. <insert discussion topic here>
puff-6988
Alright, I am getting very sick of these threads that are asking if <insert topic here> should be allowed. Two of the biggest ones are:

Legalization of Marijuana
and
Allowing Gay people to be married.

Any reasonable person immediatly would respond yes to both of those.

The most common argument brought up about marijuana/other drugs (actually just about the only argument) is along the lines of "It is bad for you, and it could ruin your life, so it should be illegal". Now not only is that not true (at least in the case of marijuana), but also the fact that the government has no business 'protecting' you from yourself. The law is supposed to protect citizens from eachother, you are supposed to be allowed to do whatever you want to yourself, as long as it does not go against another persons rights. Doing drugs is protected by the 9th amendment. End of story.

Gay Marriage is also protected by the constitution, because according to the constitution everyone is equal, which means that the government cannot give rights to one group while denying another. It is supposed to be equal rights for all citizens. Therefor they either allow no one to get married, or everyone to get married.

So please. STOP MAKING 5 MILLION THREADS ON THE LEGALITY OF MARIJUANA AND GAY MARRIAGE.

Discussion:
1. Other overused topics like this one
2. Rebuttles to my arguments
3. Your opinion on either subject
4. <insert discussion topic here>
This is also one of those over done threads where people, such as yourself, complain about other people making to many repeat threads. The reason why people do this is because they want their opinion heard and if it's just in one thread ranging around 1000 pages that's not going to happen. It's annoying and so is this. get over and stop responding to them.
How do repeat threads really bother you? Are you obliged to click on them and retype your opinion? I for one prefer joining in a discussion when it starts rather than when it's 100+ pages long.
THANK YOU

You stated very good arguments against both disagreements. I applaude you xD
I find this horribly ironic seeing as it's a repeat in itself.

Flagrantly insulting those who disagree with you isn't going to get you very far either.

We do not have to be unreasonable to disagree with what you are saying. We merely have to disagree, something which I will gladly do.
Its not so much that the topics are so overused, its the fact that there are still any discussions left about the topics, which any reasoning person with any knowledge of the constitution whatsoever would have figured out forever ago. Yet somehow these topics keep coming up, and with no real argument behind them either. 'Gay marriage is wrong cause its unholy' or 'You can't do drugs because it is bad for you'. It is ridiculous.

Abortion is another one that is clearly protected by the 9th amendment. The fetus does not have a right to life, the right to life begins at the time it is born. That is why they are called natural born rights, meaning that all people have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness when they are born.
Inverted Kiwi
I find this horribly ironic seeing as it's a repeat in itself.

Flagrantly insulting those who disagree with you isn't going to get you very far either.

We do not have to be unreasonable to disagree with what you are saying. We merely have to disagree, something which I will gladly do.

Give me a reasonable disagreement to any of my statements and I will be overjoyed.
puff-6988
Its not so much that the topics are so overused, its the fact that there are still any discussions left about the topics, which any reasoning person with any knowledge of the constitution whatsoever would have figured out forever ago. Yet somehow these topics keep coming up, and with no real argument behind them either. 'Gay marriage is wrong cause its unholy' or 'You can't do drugs because it is bad for you'. It is ridiculous.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so closed minded. Discovering the opposing view may just alleviate your evident ignorance.

You are stereotyping an argument with unfounded and incomplete mockeries of the actual argument.

I actually agree with your stances, but not with the way you choose to display them.
LOL PEOPLE STRAIGHT FROM THE ED!

edit: omg, lookie, it's Inverted Kiwi! D; I was sooo right.
pot is almost legal here and gay marriage is legal here.
Deathly Afraid
LOL PEOPLE STRAIGHT FROM THE ED!

edit: omg, lookie, it's Inverted Kiwi! D; I was sooo right.

What in God's name are you babbling about? o.O
Mari no Gay yes.
I am using those arguments, because they are the arguments i've seen in every single thread i have read about the topic. I have yet to read a reasonable response in favor of keeping drugs illegal, or banning gay marriag e and abortion. Almost all of the ones i've seen are based on religion, and the others basically saying that it is nasty so it should be illegal.

Sorry if I sound so close-minded, I try not to be. I try to understand the opposing view, but none of it makes any rational sense to me.
Great, I got moved from the ED. I feel so honored to be one of the threads to actually get moved.
puff-6988
Great, I got moved from the ED. I feel so honored to be one of the threads to actually get moved.

You're lucky. It should be in the Recycle Bin, not the GD. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces