Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Sex Symbol

I'm against wearing fur but I have shoes made from leather.

I was looking at some boots today that were real leather and I started to think if there really was any difference between fur and leather?
On one hand leather is practical whereas fur is really just for aesthetics.
Leather is a better quality material and more durable to it's synthetic counterpart but fur is completely unnecessary nowadays because you can get cruelty free jackets that are just as warm as real fur.
But does that really justify it?
And I eat meat! AHH
I'm just having an existential crisis here what is life

edit: Like I wont yell at people or throw paint on them or anything, I would just never buy or wear something that was real fur.

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
leather is NOT ok in india

Party Pup

the boots wont turn back into an animal if you dont buy them

Catsophina's Waifu

King Prophet

yeah cuz u can jsut get faux leather shoes n sitll look nice but feel morally ok smile
I'm the same way.

Maybe this is just the way I justify it, but it depends on the animal.
Fur for example is largely foxes, or minx or some other creature that is killed just for its fur.
Whereas leather is cow, and cows are going to be killed regardless so why waste the leather?

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Sabre VI
I'm the same way.

Maybe this is just the way I justify it, but it depends on the animal.
Fur for example is largely foxes, or minx or some other creature that is killed just for its fur.
Whereas leather is cow, and cows are going to be killed regardless so why waste the leather?

I was thinking this too. AND THEN I wonder if soft leather is any different because it would have come from young calves. Then again veal is a thing..
:l

I feel like I'm going around in circles on this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff