Welcome to Gaia! ::

nig stole my bike again
No, there is an imbalance of power. He has a car,job, more life exp and relationship exp. you also have to look at why he's choosing a 16 y/o over a gilt his age, most likely his reasons are creepy.

you assume the worst like anybody who doesn't know a person would.
i assure you my reasons are creepy or harmful to anyone. i'm not a creeper.

just think of a situation where you find someone who is just perfect for you in every way humanly possible, BUT they were just (by law) "too young" for you, as for me assume i'm the most bf material guy who ever existed and any girl would be the luckiest girl in the world for having me. and you will understand. and dont assume the worst.
Ronnizzy
Anything after 12 is lunch.
Side note...Its pretty interesting that people really feel that 18 is the magic number with no realy reason other than "Its the legal age"

How is 12 any less arbitrary than 18?
kool gurl 5000
azulmagia
Whoever that 24 year old is, he's luckier than me.

You're such a creep it makes me want to barf honestly

Every single of his posts are like that

Thank you ugh
I'd still have a problem with 18 and 26 y.o.

I think 21 is a good age to start dating

Before that dating is fine but only short kisses and hand holding

Sparkly Entrepreneur

ITT: Americans are retarded with double standards, crippling,unstable system, and unjust biased a** opinions.

Most our parents and grandma's were pregnant age 14 or older and some on accounts even 12 with older male significant others.

I've literally seen the men with money abuse other men and it just doesn't matter. From police offers sleeping with business owner wives after put in jail to all kinds of low standard s**t.

I wouldn't trust ay these feministic and ******** men opinions.
Jeffrey Lebowski
Age gaps are okay if you're 18/19/20ish+ imo
Depends on the maturity of the person.

maturity? i thought so too. thanks
30_Days_Of_Green
The part that makes it wrong is she is a child. A child. A CHILD. CHILD.

honestly though, is there really that much of a difference between 16 and 18. 2 years is not that long.
hoodwitchh
when i was 16 i did that but in hindsight those dudes were dumb/immature af and it is retrospectively really creepy having that kind of power imbalance with some1 who isn't a damn adult

power imbalance is only bad if the "person of higher power" is a douchebag control freak that wants to lock her up in a homemade cell.

i dont see myself as having power over her. it's just an unfortunate turn of events that i fell for a 16 year old.

if it helps though, i didn't know how old she was until i asked my brother. and of course if someone asks how old someone is most of the time it's assumed that there is some interest there. so my bro, a*****e that he is, tells his gf and the 16 year old in question (they're sisters.) that i'm in love with her.

i didn't want that information getting out till i knew her age. my bro just says, "idk. why? you like her?". i knew i shouldn't have asked him because of that but i wanted to know.
yes here is why
1) cerebral maturation is not complute in a 16 year old. they stupid as ******** we know this

2)the older you get, the smaller a fraction a year takes up
one year is a tenth of a ten year old's life
one year is a twentieth of a twenty year old's life

8 years is 50 percent of a 16 year old's life, but only a third of a 24 year old's life

10 years is 25 percent of a 40 year old's life
10 years is 20 percent of a 50 year old's life
the um. . . difference in percentage is smaller. they are closer in experience than would a 24/16 year old couple would be

Hara Kofuku's Husband

Beloved Hero

13,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Right and wrong is decided by the majority. I personally don't care. People are going to make their decisions regardless of how others might feel.
Bathin Brena
The person you are at 16 isn't the person you are at 25. They are not fully developed in the brain yet, they are not on your level. This person is going to want to find themselves. Hypothetically speaking what would happen is this, date until she is 18 (2 years) basically robbing her of her teenage years, marry her at 18-20 years old, pop out a few kids, at 25 she will RESENT YOU AND LEAVE YOU. You will have stolen her youth she will begin to resent you for it and wish she went to live in a dorm and had REAL 20S. You dont meet your soulmate at 16.

that is one of many possible worst case scenario's that may or may not happen.

i'm aware of how this could end badly.

but i can also see how it could go well. and if she's unhappy she can break up with me whenever she wants.

Tipper

wrong
imo that isn't a question
male is a loser being 24 years old and going out with someone who is still in high school. wtf.

people do what they want either way, i wouldn't have even dated a 16 year old when i was 18. but that is just my view

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff