Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
RedRoseSpiral; By deciding that your own personal standards are far more important to you then outside ones. Or being a hermit. I hear the being a hermit thing has a higher success rate. *bad joke there* Yes, I do think that people are influenced by the standards, but as long as the standards aren't taking a bigger role in this action then what the person honestly wants.

I find the wording of your last statement odd. How is it easier for a 15 year old compared to a 19 year old? Are you trying to imply that there are more standards for 19 year olds when it comes to sex or life in general?

Black Carpathia; Just becaue the laws aren't necessarily right doesn't mean that people don't have to live with them.

Considering that the parties involved were a cop and a few guys... The risk taking part was taking what this girl told him at face value and believing she wasn't lying to him. What if that wasn't a police man who baited him? What if it were an older person with the intent to rape and murder him?
Maybe you dont see it, but he is 19 and he went online looking for a really young girl to give drugs to and possibly have sex with. Can't he get dates in his own age group? Seriously, he is college age and he is looking fgor a girl who ius just entering high school. He is going to make he queen of the ******** prom so he can get laid.

There is something wrong with this guy, and the police have themselves a sexual predator. This wasn't just some guy hanging out. This was a scumbag who was trying to get the girl high and play on her desire for an older boyfriend so he could get his rocks off.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
tererun
Maybe you dont see it, but he is 19 and he went online looking for a really young girl to give drugs to and possibly have sex with.
Where did it say he went looking for her? Maybe she came to him first and started the topic of converstation, leading it all of the way to the meeting.

*I* reread the first post again. Though, I still ask, would it be as bad if the police were the ones leading the young men straight to these encounters instead of the young men trying to make them?
Icysnowgirl
RedRoseSpiral; By deciding that your own personal standards are far more important to you then outside ones. Or being a hermit. I hear the being a hermit thing has a higher success rate. *bad joke there* Yes, I do think that people are influenced by the standards, but as long as the standards aren't taking a bigger role in this action then what the person honestly wants.

I find the wording of your last statement odd. How is it easier for a 15 year old compared to a 19 year old? Are you trying to imply that there are more standards for 19 year olds when it comes to sex or life in general?

Both actually. I do believe there are more standards for 19 year olds than 15 year olds. 15 year olds are thought of as inoccent and completely ignorant when it comes to life and responcibility. Now add four years of age and you get a person who is suppost to know everything about responcibility if not life. I should know this I'm turning 19 in about 3 months. I remember when I was 15 (I was "mature" for my age) and people tried talking over my head. There were many things I understood. Now that I'm 18 people expect me to know this and that about life. I don't see how older adults can not understand that I and others are still learning about life and sex. Hell, my mother still thinks I'm a virgin because I'm suposidly to young to know anything. It rankles me that a 19 year old might go to jail because he wanted to have sex with someone who might have sounded like she knew what he was going though at some level or who just wanted a good screw like him.

EDIT: I'll be back later this afternoon. I have to get to school. Been interesting.
America is becoming more of a communist country, I swear. It's always with the damn laws, and soon, government will take over.

As long as the girl said it was ok and consented, which she most likely did, because it didn't say it in full explanation.
gromit1710
How many guys that are 19 know and talk to / hang out with girls still in Highschool?
Hint: There's a subtle difference between "talking to/hanging out with" and "drugging and having sex with".

gromit1710
So now if you hook up with one you are a sexual predator?
If you do it with the intention of drugging and having sex with one, yes.

gromit1710
That is the nature of Teenagers and trying to get laid isn't it? I mean, isn't this like putting a dog in the pound for barking and shitting?
No, and a girl isn't "asking for it" if she dresses a certain way either.

Crimson_Saint
Wtf!! Thats Real ********. My Boyfriends 19 and im 16? Does that mean His a *****? Wtf!
If his reason for the relationship is sex, then quite probably, yes. Congratulations.

RedRoseSpiral

Both actually. I do believe there are more standards for 19 year olds than 15 year olds. 15 year olds are thought of as inoccent and completely ignorant when it comes to life and responcibility. Now add four years of age and you get a person who is suppost to know everything about responcibility if not life. I should know this I'm turning 19 in about 3 months. I remember when I was 15 (I was "mature" for my age) and people tried talking over my head. There were many things I understood. Now that I'm 18 people expect me to know this and that about life. I don't see how older adults can not understand that I and others are still learning about life and sex. Hell, my mother still thinks I'm a virgin because I'm suposidly to young to know anything. It rankles me that a 19 year old might go to jail because he wanted to have sex with someone who might have sounded like she knew what he was going though at some level or who just wanted a good screw like him.
If you, at 19, aren't aware of concepts like "age of consent" and "maturity", then there's something wrong.
tererun
Maybe you dont see it, but he is 19 and he went online looking for a really young girl to give drugs to and possibly have sex with. Can't he get dates in his own age group? Seriously, he is college age and he is looking fgor a girl who ius just entering high school. He is going to make he queen of the ******** prom so he can get laid.

There is something wrong with this guy, and the police have themselves a sexual predator. This wasn't just some guy hanging out. This was a scumbag who was trying to get the girl high and play on her desire for an older boyfriend so he could get his rocks off.

Um, they were both looking for sex and a chance to get high.

And the 19 year olds intentions, besides sex and somoking, were never stated. How do you even know he was going to date her, make her "popular", then use her for sex? That's right, you don't. The artical said they were both meeting for sex, and nothing more (besides the weed bit)

And why should he have to stay within his own age group if the other party is consenting to the relationship? Most relationships have age differences of about 3-5 years.

And the current system, although it does have a success rate in stoping actual predators, it also makes teen girls (sometimes guys) out to be ignorant, incompetent, and unable to know what she wants. I know there are girls like this, but that doesn't mean they all are.
Deep Vermillion
gromit1710
How many guys that are 19 know and talk to / hang out with girls still in Highschool?
Hint: There's a subtle difference between "talking to/hanging out with" and "drugging and having sex with".

gromit1710
So now if you hook up with one you are a sexual predator?
If you do it with the intention of drugging and having sex with one, yes.

Drugging and having sex with? From what the artical said, they had agreed to have sex before they met, thus the influence of drugs would really have no effect on the girl, as she had already made that decision.

And it was never made clear that the drugs would be invloved in the sexual encounter. for all we know they could have planned to light up after the sex.

Deep Vermillion
Crimson_Saint
Wtf!! Thats Real ********. My Boyfriends 19 and im 16? Does that mean His a *****? Wtf!
If his reason for the relationship is sex, then quite probably, yes. Congratulations.

No, at most it make him an ephebophile. And that is only if he is attracted to the fact that she is a teenager, and not anything else.
Black Carpathia
Actually, if you read the article, he was talking to a police officer, not a 15-year old girl.

Quote:
And the 19 year olds intentions, besides sex and somoking, were never stated. How do you even know he was going to date her, make her "popular", then use her for sex? That's right, you don't. The artical said they were both meeting for sex, and nothing more (besides the weed bit)
Yes, a guy who meets up with 15-year olds for sex and brings along his friends for it must be a real gentleman.

Quote:
And why should he have to stay within his own age group if the other party is consenting to the relationship? Most relationships have age differences of about 3-5 years.
Because at 15, while people are generally curious about sex, most people aren't ready to have it yet. And guess what? Positive attention from an older boy puts pressure on a younger girl, whether it's done intentionally or not.

Quote:
And the current system, although it does have a success rate in stoping actual predators, it also makes teen girls (sometimes guys) out to be ignorant, incompetent, and unable to know what she wants. I know there are girls like this, but that doesn't mean they all are.
Putting aside that it was a cop rather than a girl for a moment...

She agreed to meet up with someone she met online to get high and have sex with them. Are you really saying that that suggests high intelligence?
Laws are laws, and since the girl is below 18 she is still considered a minor. sweatdrop
Black Carpathia
Drugging and having sex with? From what the artical said, they had agreed to have sex before they met, thus the influence of drugs would really have no effect on the girl, as she had already made that decision.

And it was never made clear that the drugs would be invloved in the sexual encounter. for all we know they could have planned to light up after the sex.
Fine, "drugging, and having sex with". Still two activities he knew was illegal. And yes, I'm sure the guy who brought his friend along when going to have sex with a 15 year old girl would never actually combine the drugs and the sex, since he sounds like such a good guy and all. rolleyes

Quote:
No, at most it make him an ephebophile. And that is only if he is attracted to the fact that she is a teenager, and not anything else.
Depends on both the age of consent where they are, as well as when the relationship started.
Deep Vermillion
Black Carpathia
Actually, if you read the article, he was talking to a police officer, not a 15-year old girl.

I'm aware of that, but since the 15 year old girl was assumed to be real by the "predator" , i'm treating "her" as such to further debate and discuss the issue.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, a guy who meets up with 15-year olds for sex and brings along his friends for it must be a real gentleman.?

The role of the friend was not made clear. And that is not grounds to assume anything about the guy's intentions besides what the articale discloses

Quote:
Quote:
Because at 15, while people are generally curious about sex, most people aren't ready to have it yet. And guess what? Positive attention from an older boy puts pressure on a younger girl, whether it's done intentionally or not.?

But that doesn't mean the "girl" in this situation wasn't ready or aware of what she wanted.

Quote:
Quote:
Putting aside that it was a cop rather than a girl for a moment...

She agreed to meet up with someone she met online to get high and have sex with them. Are you really saying that that suggests high intelligence?

I'm saying that we shouldn't by default treat teens in these encounters as ignorant of their own desires.
Deep Vermillion
Black Carpathia

Fine, "drugging, and having sex with". Still two activities he knew was illegal. And yes, I'm sure the guy who brought his friend along when going to have sex with a 15 year old girl would never actually combine the drugs and the sex, since he sounds like such a good guy and all. rolleyes

Making assumtions on his intentions and character aren't really relevant.

And besides, they had agreed to have sex before the encounter, so either way, the drugs still weren't involved in her consent.

Quote:
Quote:
Depends on both the age of consent where they are, as well as when the relationship started.

The age of consent and the beginning of the relationship has no relavence to weather he is a ***** or not if the other party is not prepubesent.

So, unless the girl in question has Turners Syndrom, he isn't a *****, by defintion.
Black Carpathia
I'm aware of that, but since the 15 year old girl was assumed to be real by the "predator" , i'm treating "her" as such to further debate and discuss the issue.
Fair enough.

Quote:
The role of the friend was not made clear. And that is not grounds to assume anything about the guy's intentions besides what the articale discloses
Yes, the logical assumption is that he'd simply stay in the car and wait while his friend gets a girl high and has sex with her, right? rolleyes

Quote:
But that doesn't mean the "girl" in this situation wasn't ready or aware of what she wanted.
And it doesn't mean that she was. And frankly, when dealing with 15-year olds, it's better to assume that she wasn't. That's why we have an age of consent.

Quote:
I'm saying that we shouldn't by default treat teens in these encounters as ignorant of their own desires.
Unless they're 19 year olds looking to have sex with 15 year olds? Because I've seen plenty of people in this topic make excuses for him, as if he wasn't in control of himself or as if he didn't choose to go looking for 15 year olds to have sex with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff