28,075 Points
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
User Image

xCLAIRE rose MINTZx
new york city detective & part-time crime scene investigator
another man's dream is another woman's treasure

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                      Shifting through papers and evidence was so boring. Even though the police department was already closed for the day, Claire wasn't finished with her work. Her parents were waiting for her, but they were patient creatures. They understood their daughter worked for the law, and did a very good job at it, if she had the same job as she had started with. Seven years since she had been here, and sometimes she even had murder cases. She never dealt with any of the scientific stuff, just reading between the lines. Sometimes she solved the case, but other times she hadn't.

There were several cases out there that Claire wanted to reopen, but her boss always said no. It frustrated her sometimes, but that never meant she gave up. Looking over her work and then at the time, she gave a small sigh. Perhaps it was time to head home. Dinner sounded nice right about now. Phoning her parents, she stated she'd be home soon, so if they wanted to start dinner, they could. Yawning ever so slightly, she packed her bags and grabbed her key. She would be left to lock up the place, in case someone broke in.

After locking up the police department she hid her gun from sight, but kept her badge on. That way if people tried to rob her, they'd think twice. It worked... half the time. Sometimes there were just mob members that were daring to try and snatch her bags. Claire wasn't necessarily trigger happy, but sometimes she could be. Comes with the job description to create some paranoia. Despite being really headstrong, as a person, she did develop some paranoia from being a detective. Not everyone had it, but Claire was also a sensitive person to certain things.

Shaking her head, Claire walked down the sidewalk and towards her home. She always walked home at night, relying on the building lights and street lights for safety. She heard cries for help, but before she could reach the scene, it was already resolved. Taking a deep breath she walked past the two and continued on her way home.

Mom! Dad! I'm home. ” Claire called out once she was in her door at home. Her mother peeked out from the kitchen and welcomed her daughter home, while she was cooking a ham. Claire's parents were always the type to cook big dinners, even if the dinner was only for three or four people. Claire smiled nonetheless and plopped herself down on the couch next to her father.

Solve any crimes, sweetie? ” Her father asked, adjusting his reading glasses to look over at his only daughter.

Unfortunately, no. All the cases I wanted to reopen, were closed. Just reviewing old cases to occupy my time. ” Claire spoke, sighing as she leaned her head back onto the couch. Nearly everything ached, and she could tell if she wasn't going to get food soon, her inner b***h would be set free. Her parents didn't deserve to see that. Especially not her mother.

ooc: shitty first post, but it's a re-intro from the previous rp.
User Image

KeithxxxxAlexanderxxxxWoods

"All αroυɴd мe αre ғαмιlιαr ғαceѕ,
Worɴ oυт plαceѕ, worɴ oυт ғαceѕ,
Brιɢнт αɴd eαrly ғor тнeιr dαιly rαceѕ,
Goιɴɢ ɴowнere, ɢoιɴɢ ɴowнere.
Tнeιr тeαrѕ αre ғιllιɴɢ υp тнeιr ɢlαѕѕeѕ,
No eхpreѕѕιoɴ, ɴo eхpreѕѕιoɴ,
Hιde мy нeαd I wαɴт тo drowɴ мy ѕorrow,
No тoмorrow, ɴo тoмorrow..."

Yelling filled the air outside of Claire's home. A few houses down, in a rather shabby looking apartment, two men were arguing. Keith being one of the two. Keith was then gently pushed out of the apartment building. A man who seemed to be the apartment buildings owner began to yell at the top of his voice. "GET OUT! I GAVE YOU PLENTY OF TIME TO BRING ME YOUR RENT! YOU'VE OVERSTAYED A WEEK NOW!" Keith was really fired up by now..they must have been arguing for a while now. "...I-I...YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!----" The apartment owner then interrupted with, "BLAHBLAHBLAH. GET OUT OF HERE YOU STUPID ANIMAL!" The word, stupid, followed by, animal, was what really angered Keith.

".....I-I'm not stupid! Neither do you have the right to call me an animal! Y-You...You...You--..." Keith sighed and managed to control himself.. "Stupid people...I'm surrounded by them!" He laughed a little, stressed out and he scrunched up his mess of a hair. Keith bit his lip hard and began to cry a little..why was his life so terrible? Why would people think of him in such a way? Was it because he was, "different," from the rest?...

Keith has Dyslexia. It's different for every person who has it. Keith in particular, has trouble speaking, memorizing, reading, and writing. These issues can sometimes cause emotional problems which can sometimes...get a bit out of hand. This medical condition rang throughout what he can remember of his childhood, causing constant bullying. It soon spread into his household as well. At first they tried their best to help him with his school work, but eventually gave up and starting punishing Keith for, "Being too stupid." Keep in mind they-- including Keith.. didn't know he had Dyslexia yet. So... he became enraged, believing he actually was just an idiot and eventually left home.. lived homeless for a few years. He managed to acquire an apartment about a month ago, tricking the owner into thinking he had money..but it'll soon be all gone again.

Keith shook his head and quickly turned back to the man. "...L-Listen...I swear...if you'll just give me one more week, I'll-I'll--" The man, once again, rudely interrupted. "..No! Nonononono! Absolutely not! Your a disgrace! I don't care about your sob story! Go out and live in the streets again you big, good-for-nothing slob!--" Soon, he fell to the ground, being punched in the face by Keith. Keith then climbed on top of him, ready to fight. They forcefully shoved eachother around, punching and yanking at eachother's hair. Soon, a crowd of people exited the safety of their home to watch the fight going on next door.

"Aɴd I ғιɴd ιт ĸιɴdα ғυɴɴy,
I ғιɴd ιт ĸιɴdα ѕαd,
Tнe dreαмѕ ιɴ wнιcн I'м dyιɴɢ
αre тнe вeѕт I've ever нαd.
I ғιɴd ιт нαrd тo тell yoυ,
I ғιɴd ιт нαrd тo тαĸe,
Wнeɴ people rυɴ ιɴ cιrcleѕ
ιт'ѕ α very very мαd world.

User Image

Wԋҽɾҽ Aɱ I Cυɾɾҽɳƚʅყ?: In front of what used to be my apartment.
Wԋσ'ʂ Hҽɾҽ Wιƚԋ Mҽ?: The building owner and a nosy crowd.
Wԋαƚ Iʂ Mყ Iɱαɠιɳαƚισɳ Uρ Tσ Nσɯ?: "I'm gonna kill this guy!"
Hσɯ Aɱ I Fҽҽʅιɳɠ?: Angry and Upset.
OOC: Oh gosh I'm so sorry. This is the worst post I've ever done. I honestly didn't know how to get this roleplay going. :c I tried. There's more to Keith's story but I figured I'd reveal the rest later on.

Hopeless Dreamer

28,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
User Image

Ashlee Alice AndersonAt Home > Downtown
Burn - Ellie GouldingHm, no one.

Kiara, get back here! ” A woman chased her cat around her parents home, before finally grabbing her. “ I need to give you your flea meds, hold still! ” Shaking her head slightly, the woman flipped her hair over her shoulders and had her mom help her hold down Kiara. Putting the flea medicine in between Kiara's shoulders, She let her cat flee into a small corner. Rolling her eyes, she tossed the small package into the nearest bin, thanking her mother in the process.

Looking down at herself, she noticed she was still in her pajamas. She figured if she were to go out in the snow, she'd better change into something warmer. The heat in this house was almost hotter than Florida most times, but the woman didn't complain. “ I'm going to go find a few friends, where ever they are. No mom, that does not mean I'll come home with a guy... Mom. I may be lonely, but that doesn't mean I'll bring home someone. ” Her mother gave her looks before sighing.

But if you do, don't tell me I didn't warn you, Ashlee. Boys are warm. ” Her mother teased, nearly annoying her daughter. “ Yeah, yeah. I'm going out after I change. ” Turning on her heel, Ashlee retreated to the guest room or formerly known as her room. Looking for a few articles of clothing, she found some and went to go change.

Having spent about thirty or so minutes in her room, she was ready to leave. Kiara rubbed her body up against Ashlee's legs, receiving an annoyed noise in return. “ Cat, no. ” she spoke to the cat, getting a meow in return. “ Momma will be back later. ” Kiara shook her body, creating noise with her belled collar. Yes, the cat had a collar. She was naked without it. Carrying her bag down the stairs, Ashlee headed out. She shivered, but headed down the steps and over to her snow covered car. She'd have to drive carefully, but she would eventually make it to downtown.

And she did, even if it only took twenty or so more minutes. Parking her car somewhere, she exited her car, grabbing her bag full of money and other things. Sighing softly, Ashlee began heading down the busy sidewalk. Perhaps someone she previously knew, would bump into her.

Hopeless Dreamer

28,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
User ImageUser Image

Barking woke up this blue eyed beauty. Amber had dozed off after work, and Artyom didn't get the chance to go on his daily walk yet. He was a restless dog, and resting for him was boring. Unless it meant actual night time. Time for a long night again due to her nap. There was no one she had to see later today, besides her parents of course. " ‘m up... " she whispered, getting up and out of her warm bed. Artyom whimpered, scratching at the front door. " Okay Artyom, we'll go for a walk. Just give me a while, okay? " he whined, but calmed down a bit.

Amber was ready for the walk in just ten or so minutes, since she didn't bother with too much make-up. Just some eyeliner and lip gloss, along with a new outfit. It wasn't a fancy outfit, just a lazy one. Grabbing her purse, she grabbed Artyom's leash and clipped it onto his collar. She grabbed onto the leash before he bolted out the door, but still was practically dragged out of her door.

Once they reached the sidewalks, Artyom was much calmer since he was in a colder environment. Walking down the sidewalk a little ways down, she came to a stop in front of central park. Leading Artyom into the park, she un-clipped his leash, knowing he'd follow by her closely. Stuffing her hands into her pockets, she mindlessly walked around. Artyom barked after a while, while Amber was obviously not paying attention. He had found some northern birds, and began to chase after some of them, which Amber mindlessly watched. She blinked out of her daze and called after Artyom who looked at her, tongue out and wagging his tail.

Amber sighed and shook her head. Whistling, Artyom came back to her side immediately. She clipped on his leash, keeping him close by. She didn’t want anymore trouble than he had already given her. He looked at her, then back to the northern birds that were settling down in the trees. Amber tugged on his leash a bit, having him pay attention to what was in front of him.

ooc: Basically left her in Central park, with her dog, but free to interact with. c:

Hopeless Dreamer

28,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
User Image

xCLAIRE rose MINTZx
new york city detective & part-time crime scene investigator
another man's dream is another woman's treasure

Claire was finally eating her food when she could faintly hear some sort of fight going on in her building. It was muffled by the several walls, but then the chanting of ‘fight, fight, fight!’ made her realize that she wouldn’t be able to finish her dinner. She had to settle this fight, here and now. Setting down her fork, she looked to her parents who were confused when they heard the chanting as well.

Wiping her mouth of any food particles and excusing herself from the table, Claire grabbed her badge on the side table. “ I’ll be back shortly. ” with that said, she left through her door and went to investigate what was causing all the racket. Walking down the hall, she eventually found a crowd of people, who eventually moved out of her way so she could get to the men fighting.

Pulling Keith, who she assumed was acting in self-defense, off of the building’s owner, who was clearly beaten to a pulp. “ I don’t care for your excuses, Keith, but--

Thanks for getting that animal off of me...

Baffled by the language of the landlord, Claire glared at him. “ Excuse me?

This guy hasn’t paid his rent ever since he came into this building! He needs to pay up, even if the little rat--

Do not call him a rat. I will have you arrested if this persists. ” Claire looked between them but glared at the landlord. Letting go of Keith, she checked on him first as some of her neighbors pulled up the landlord to check if he was okay. “ I know you don’t know me, but I know you. I check into the landlord’s files sometimes, when he isn’t looking, just to see if there’s any criminals or runaways on the list he carries. ” she tried to explain, smiling gently.

The landlord limped away, scowling at Claire and mumbling something about her connection to the police office. Claire looked towards where he was walking off to, before looking back at Keith. “ I’m Claire, a police detective and crime scene investigator. If you need some place to stay or someone to look up to, I’m just down the hall, okay? ” she smiled again, trying to reassure him that she would look out for him.
User Image

KeithxxxxAlexanderxxxxWoods

"All αroυɴd мe αre ғαмιlιαr ғαceѕ,
Worɴ oυт plαceѕ, worɴ oυт ғαceѕ,
Brιɢнт αɴd eαrly ғor тнeιr dαιly rαceѕ,
Goιɴɢ ɴowнere, ɢoιɴɢ ɴowнere.
Tнeιr тeαrѕ αre ғιllιɴɢ υp тнeιr ɢlαѕѕeѕ,
No eхpreѕѕιoɴ, ɴo eхpreѕѕιoɴ,
Hιde мy нeαd I wαɴт тo drowɴ мy ѕorrow,
No тoмorrow, ɴo тoмorrow..."

Keith just continued to beat up the building's owner, before he felt a tug on his shirt. Soon he was practically pried off of the other man. Keith was breathing heavily, feeling irritated and exhausted from getting all worked up. Most of the damage was done to the buildings owner, but he did manage a few hits onto Keith. He was pretty sure he'd have a few bruises on his face tomorrow. Keith wiped some blood that was dripping from his nose, and turned to see who had yanked him of of his opponent.

It was a woman. A police to be exact, he examined, seeing her badge lifted in front of them. At that moment, Keith panicked a little inside. He didn't want to go to jail or have to pay some crazy fine he obviously couldn't afford right now. He listened to her begin to speak to him, and blinked a little when she said his name. How did she know his name?!

When the owner remarked Keith as an animal, he began to get fired up again. He glared at the man. "I-I swear I'm gonna ge--..." He had raised his arm, getting ready to strike another punch until Claire had defended the man, and look at the landlord, obviously baffled. He listened and just grinded his teeth a bit together as he listened to the landlord explain the problem in which they began to fight in the first place, and rolled his eyes.

When Claire began to defend him, Keith was a bit speechless. No one had ever done that for him before really. Then, he smirked a little saying that if the landlord verbally abused him anymore, he would be arrested. Finally she let go of Keith's shirt and he sighed a little. He blinked a bit more as she began to examine him, and a few other people from the crowd examined the landlord, concerned of his physical state. Then, he was snapped back to Claire when he heard her speak.

"...Heh..er..yeah. I was sorta wondering how you knew my name." He swallowed a little and noticed a gently smile appear on her face. He just coughed a little and looked down, not really used to anyone caring. He didn't know how to respond to that.

He then lifted his head a little as he watched the landlord dragged himself off to his office with a few other people. Soon, the crowd dispersed and left the area, leaving Claire and Keith to themselves. Keith then looked back to Claire, listening as she properly introduced herself.

"I'm Keith--...Wait you already know that." He laughed nervously and swallowed as she continued her next sentence and responded with, "...W-Wow...really? I'd like t-tha--.....wait..er...Ma'am..I'm not in trouble?" He blinked a little, surprised she didn't seem suspicious or upset with him and the fight he had started out of self-defense.

"Aɴd I ғιɴd ιт ĸιɴdα ғυɴɴy,
I ғιɴd ιт ĸιɴdα ѕαd,
Tнe dreαмѕ ιɴ wнιcн I'м dyιɴɢ
αre тнe вeѕт I've ever нαd.
I ғιɴd ιт нαrd тo тell yoυ,
I ғιɴd ιт нαrd тo тαĸe,
Wнeɴ people rυɴ ιɴ cιrcleѕ
ιт'ѕ α very very мαd world.

User Image

Wԋҽɾҽ Aɱ I Cυɾɾҽɳƚʅყ?: In front of what used to be my apartment.
Wԋσ'ʂ Hҽɾҽ Wιƚԋ Mҽ?: Just Claire now.
Wԋαƚ Iʂ Mყ Iɱαɠιɳαƚισɳ Uρ Tσ Nσɯ?: "Oh god, I'm gonna get arrested."
Hσɯ Aɱ I Fҽҽʅιɳɠ?: Still a bit aggravated, but trying to conceal it. Surprised at how nice this officer is being.
OOC: Haha sorry for the late reply. c:

Green Widow

Being awake since 9AM usually would take it's toll on a cafe barista, after working more than several hours, especially during the holidays. Young Holly Nimue was just about to clock out from her work before she decided to quickly whip up a steaming up of cocoa for herself.
            Finally, after wrapping her scarf once more around her shoulders, she cupped her hands around her thermos (which was quite cute, too, with pictures of Mickey Mouse), and pushed open the door to the cafe with her back and stepped out into the snowy streets. It was just the same weather as every other day; Clouds above with a light snow fall. Beautiful. She preferred gloomy weather over bright sunshine. It wasn't that she despised bright days at all, but simply because she felt her pale skin was too sensitive for the harsh sunrays. Which was why she remained inside most of her days.
            Although, today -or tonight- seemed different, she decided it would be nice to walk home, instead of riding public transportation, as usual.

Around the city, lights were already hung for the holidays, which made everything much more magical, in her opinion. If only she had someone to share it with. It didn't even have to be a lover; a close friend would be nice. Holly had friends, but none she felt comfortable to become close with. She preferred the solitude most of the time, but times like these, she would feel ridiculous for feeling lonely.

Oh well. She sniffled a bit, as the cold had gotten to her a bit, turning her nose a light pink, and decided to sit down somewhere to eat. Her mother would be working still at this time, and Holly was much too lazy to whip up something at home, so along the busy streets, she settled for a small Japanese restaurant where she would enjoy a bowl of hot noodles and several pieces of sushi.
            Sitting by the window, she would entertain herself in the meantime by looking out to the people passing by. It was strange to her how the holidays affected everyone. One either became excited by it all, or stressed with it all. Holly was neutral.
            After receiving her noodle soup, she pulled a small manga from her book bag and began reading while she ate.

✽ ℛℯℊiℴn :: cafe, then sushi bar.
✽ ℭℴm℘ɑniℴnsℎi℘ :: no one.
✽ ℰnsembℓℯ :: winter clothing.

Liberal Capitalist

7,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
███████████████████████████████

JOSEPHINE a n t o n i a BEAUREGARD

███████████████████████████████

User Image

User Image
                                                    Fridays always dragged slowly for the young brunette. It started with early morning classes, which were fueled by the latte she would pick up from the on campus coffee shop along the way. Her day kicked off with an upper level philosophy course, followed by her final history course, and concluded by public speaking. The last was a class she loathed, but knew she needed, as she would be speaking in front of groups of people for the rest of her life. She did however wish that she took the latter earlier, as it really would’ve helped her out in the long run. After her Friday courses concluded, she usually grabbed a quick lunch, another coffee, then it was a subway ride to the law firm she had been interning at for the past several months. Her time at Hardeman & Crockett started during the summer, and she was the only intern they kept after the summer term ended. She was efficient, organized, and one of the senior partners took an interest in the young woman. The woman had never seen someone with as much passion and was so excited to become a lawyer. Josephine was taken under her wing, and she was pretty much set, as long as she stayed in her good graces.

But for now, Josephine Antonia Beauregard was in her favor, and she was working away with the new interns in the conference room. There was a huge case coming up, and Josephine was put in charge of the newbies. Her boss was hoping her work ethic would rub off on them. It was actually going well, except for the one that was sitting in the corner Facebooking. Her brown eyes rolled as she pushed herself back from the table and walked over to him. Her heels clicked in an attempt to intimidate him as she picked up a manila folder on her path to him. ”Sweetheart, you can go on facebook as soon as you go through these files and find every purchase that happened in the neighborhood of crime scene,” Her smile gave her an air of importance and it made her seniority obvious. The male looked up at her with a glare and took the folder from her. She wasn’t exactly making friends, but that wasn’t what was important.

As the day approached it's end, they were all finally on their way out of the office. Josephine was of course the last one of the interns left, which was normal since her workload was larger. None of them could understand how she could do it. How she could spend all day at school to stay at work later than some of the best lawyers of the firm. But, when you know what you want, you go out and get it no matter the cost.

For now, however, she had gone through the last document, and she was ready to clean up her stuff and leave for the night. Packing up her tote bag and grabbing her cape off of the back of her swivel chair, she made her way out of the conference room, flipping the lights off as she went. As she walked towards the elevator, she took her phone out, texting her mother to let her know she was leaving the office. She was on her way to the apartment her mother and father were leasing near Central Park for the holidays. How they arranged a stay for a whole month was beyond her. She was barely getting a couple weeks off to enjoy the time with her family. Either way, she was ecstatic to see her mom and dad. She missed them dearly.

Leaving the office, the chill of the early evening hit the young woman like a ton of bricks. Thank God for fleece lined tights! But even in the cold, New York was the most beautiful city she'd ever been in. Pulling her plain black gloves from her bag and on to her hands, she continued on, this time deciding to walk instead of taking the subway to her parent's rental. She needed some exercise anyway.

Where? On her way home; Feel free to interact
                                                    With? thousands of New Yorkers, none of whom she knows
                                                    Wearing? xxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces