Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXOur Own HavenXXXX

Treusdale. The New England town beckons with a humble whisper. Especially if you're gay. It's become the home to many rainbow brethren and sistren who wanted to leave their former communities behind in search of something more accepting, where they could be among individuals just like them and not have to be the receiver of one more foul word or disgusted glare. Even better, it's away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Treusdale is big enough to have its own commercial district, but it's small enough that not many have heard of it, a place that, to most, may only be a name they glance over on a map.

To many gay people, it may sound like a dream come true, but even here, small town peace comes with small town drama: the fakes, the nosy neighbors--and friends, or at least friends-for-now. You know, until they snatch your lover away or destroy your reputation while you have your back turned. Some might even say it's hard to keep your past, and your secrets, buried. Those who come to know you will find out everything about you. It's only a matter of time.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

IC Thread | OOC Thread

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXRulesXXXX

Please post at least once a week. With mostly everyone in college, I'm going to be fairly lenient with the pacing, but please do try to post when you can. If you're busy or are going to be away for a while, please let us know, and please let me know if you lose interest. If I haven't heard from you in a week, I'll be sending a PM.

For the most part, posts should be at least three paragraphs, but two is fine on rare occasions. There is no maximum length, but posts should only be as long as is necessary. Remember, quality over quantity.

The roleplay has an OOC thread--linked in the introduction post, in case you missed it. Why not put it to use? Get to know the others and discuss plot. It helps when everyone's talking with each other. Communication is key.

Every character must have a flaw, and please stray away from the overly pleasant/nice characters, unless you will actively try to create conflict/drama for them. In general, don't be afraid to let your character lie, get mean, or otherwise do something that they'll regret, and don't be afraid to plan out conflicts with others, whether they be past, present, or future. Since this roleplay doesn't have a plot, it's up to everyone to help make it interesting. You'll get from it what you put into it.

Let's try to aim for variety with the characters. It gets boring when everyone is a rebel or a musician or is sarcastic. No more than two characters per person.

Real pictures only. Don't use pictures of yourself or use your own name for your character. No emos. Make sure the model closely matches your character's age.

When joining, it's fine if you want to reserve a spot before making a character, like if you just want time to think it over or if you want to try to hash out ideas with others beforehand. Just be sure to give me post samples first, and keep me updated in some way or another, if you aren't being active in the OOC; if I don't hear from you in three days' time, I will open your spot for someone else.

When it comes to the actual character creation, there will be the typical reserve and profile. For reserves, PM them to me with the title, "Treusdale Resident." If I haven't seen them already, link me to some samples or roleplays you've recently been in. For profiles, those will be made in a thread so that everyone can add as much detail as they want, but they don't have to be anything overly complicated. More details will be provided in another post. When PMing the link to me, the title can be anything you want, but it should be something other than, "(No Subject)."

Never control another person's character without their permission. Romance is kind of encouraged, but there's no need to rush, and if violence ever happens, be realistic and fair with it.

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXSkeletonsXXXX

Reserve
                                                        [url=to be filled in by me][imgleft]150 x 150 image[/imgleft][/url]

:tab:[size=17][color=maincolor]First & Last Name[/color][/size]
                                                        :tab::tab:[size=14][color=secondcolor]Role/Title[/color][/size]
                                                        [size=11]
                                                        :tab::tab::tab:[color=maincolor]>[/color] Age - at least 18
                                                        :tab::tab::tab:[color=maincolor]>[/color] Sexual orientation
                                                        :tab::tab::tab:[color=maincolor]>[/color] 3 traits
                                                        :tab::tab::tab:[color=maincolor]>[/color] Username[/size]

These will be made in a thread. They can be designed however you want, so go as simple or as embellished as you like. The profile should, at the very least, have this information:

1. Basics - age, birthday, height, and occupation.

2. Personality - At least four traits (three of those being the ones you listed in the reserve), either written in paragraph form or listed out with explanations. At least one trait must be negative.

3. Bio - A list of at least seven facts about their background or at least two paragraphs written out.

4. Likes/Dislikes - Four of each.

Once that information is present, go ahead and send in the link. You're welcome to include any other information.

If you just want to fill in a profile and not worry about layouts and embellishments, you can use this code:
                                                        [list][list][list][list][list][list][imgright]malformed url[/imgright][size=11][color=secondcolor]Hello, my [b][color=maincolor]name[/color][/b] is[/color] (Full name)[color=secondcolor], but you can [b][color=maincolor]call me[/color][/b][/color] (nickname - repeat first name if your char doesn't have one.)[color=secondcolor].
                                                        I blew out[/color] (age) [color=secondcolor][b][color=maincolor]candles[/color][/b] on[/color] (birthday)[color=secondcolor].
                                                        My [b][color=maincolor]anatomy[/color][/b] says I'm[/color] (gender)[color=secondcolor].
                                                        [b][color=maincolor]Love[/color][/b] is blind:[/color] (sexual orientation)
                                                        [color=secondcolor]The [b][color=maincolor]marks on the wall[/color][/b] say I'm[/color] (height)[color=secondcolor].
                                                        Making the [b][color=maincolor]dough[/color][/b]:[/color] (occupation)

[color=secondcolor]The way I [b][color=maincolor]act[/color][/b]:[/color] (Remember, at least four traits, one being negative)
                                                        [color=secondcolor]I [b][color=maincolor]love[/color][/b]:[/color]
                                                        [list][color=maincolor]❤[/color] (like)
                                                        [color=maincolor]❤[/color] (like)
                                                        [color=maincolor]❤[/color] (like)
                                                        [color=maincolor]❤[/color] (like - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)[/list]
                                                        [color=secondcolor]But I [b][color=maincolor]hate[/color][/b]:[/color]
                                                        [list][color=maincolor]☠[/color] (dislike)
                                                        [color=maincolor]☠[/color] (dislike)
                                                        [color=maincolor]☠[/color] (dislike)
                                                        [color=maincolor]☠[/color] (dislike - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)[/list]

[color=secondcolor][b][color=maincolor]My life[/color][/b] thus far:[/color] (Bio - at least 2 paragraphs)

[size=14][color=secondcolor][size=9]✗[/size][u][color=maincolor]Username[/color][/u][/color][/size][/list][/list][/size]
                                                        [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXCharactersXXXX

When available, profiles will be linked through a character's picture.

User Image

tab Casper Monroe
                                                        tab tab The Protected Witness

tab tab tab > 21
                                                        tab tab tab > Bisexual
                                                        tab tab tab > Weird, Relaxed, Secretive
                                                        tab tab tab > SketchArtistMarie

User Image

tab Oliver Gray
                                                        tab tab The Secretive Photographer

tab tab tab > Twenty Four
                                                        tab tab tab > Gay
                                                        tab tab tab > Quiet, sensitive, and mysterious
                                                        tab tab tab > TheMainFaggot

User Image

tab Adam Shepard
                                                        tab tab The Numb Veteran

tab tab tab > 25
                                                        tab tab tab > Gay
                                                        tab tab tab > Outspoken, distant, rash
                                                        tab tab tab > SeXXXy Sparkling Zombie

User Image

tab Emmett Knoll
                                                        tab tab The Workaholic

tab tab tab > 26
                                                        tab tab tab > Straight
                                                        tab tab tab > Dominant ∙ Selfish ∙ Sociable
                                                        tab tab tab > U n d r a w n

User Image

tab Victor Raybern
                                                        tab tab The Handicapped Handyman

tab tab tab > Thirty-Six
                                                        tab tab tab > Gay
                                                        tab tab tab > Stable, Listener, Diligent
                                                        tab tab tab > Furry to the Core

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXSettingXXXX

Treusdale is a riverside town in southern Maine with a population of about 3,000. About two-thirds of its residents are non-heterosexual and/or non-cisgendered. Most of its residents are middle class, but there are a few upper- and lower-class families. There are a couple of apartments in the town, one of which is called Maple Estates. A sizable commercial district sits close to the river.

Some places around town include:

To be filled out later. Everyone can throw in ideas, so long as the establishment is unique--no more than one restaurant, bar, clothing store, or what have you. I will also put a limit on how many places can be created if we're spreading ourselves too thin.

Weather, Date & Time
                                                        Evening. September or October.
                                                        The rest to be decided.

Events
                                                        To be decided. To make things interesting, we'll probably start off with one. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share!

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXReservedXXXX

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXReservedXXXX

Shy Exhibitionist

User Image

XXXXReservedXXXX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items