Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, sʜᴏᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴜɴ ᴏʀ ʜᴀs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴜs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴏɴᴇ?
ɪs ɪᴛ ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ ɪs ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ? ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ, ᴏʀ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴀᴠɪᴏʀ?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Alora’s stress levels began to rise as she realized that the medic was nowhere to be found. This guy was in serious condition, and if he didn’t receive the right treatment, his odds of survival would be lowered greatly. Between the loss of blood and risk of infection, he was in deep trouble. Just by looking at him, she could tell he was nervous. Not only would she have to do a blood transfusion, but she’d be doing so straight from her own veins. She was a bit of a germaphobe, and the idea of doing such a procedure on someone else was pretty sketchy, let alone her own self. It was no secret that the conditions weren’t ideal, but she didn’t exactly have a choice. The utmost care would have to be taken when doing such a procedure.

From behind, she could hear some commotion about a girl showing up at the gate. However, it seemed as though she was a stranger, rather than the Elsie she’d been hearing about. Alora had no time to stop and check. They had to get this guy into a stable condition. At just the right time, Jack popped up at her side. She gave him what could only be known as ”the look”. She wanted to slap him for running out into the gate and risking his uninfected state while he distracted the zombies and lead them away from the gate. He was crazily selfless, and he nearly gave her heart attacks on a daily basis. However, instead of hitting him, she decided to accept his help. ”Let’s trade places so I can see if I can find anything to help,” she said, stopping. She helped Jack grab hold of Spitz as carefully as possible before turning towards Cass.

”I’m not going to pretend I’m an expert, but I know enough to at least try and sort this out,” she said. Inside, Alora was panicking. Someone’s life was being trusted to her in a very different way than she was used to. However, she kept a cool composure on the outside. If she allowed herself to get freaked out in front of everyone else, it would only produce more problems. ”Can someone show me to the infirmary so I can check out the medical supplies?” she asked in an open question as she began to walk toward the building. While she didn’t know its exact location, she certainly knew that it had to be somewhere within the school.

___________________________________________________________________________________

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: the schoolyard, going towards the infirmary
ᴏutfit: here
with: who even knows at this point?
ᴏᴏᴄ: sorry it's short! trying to do college at the same time that I'm writing. -__-

Prophet

User Image
                                                        User Image
                                                        there's a place that I've found, as far as I can see. this place lies within the depths of my dreams.
                                                        there's a place that I've found, as far as I can see. this place lies within the depths of my dreams.
                                                        end transmission: the satellites are down. i need an earthquake to shake this pity off the ground.

end transmission: the satellites are down. i need an earthquake to shake this pity off the ground.

Alora was giving Jack the “are you a ******** idiot” look. He knew what he did was stupid, but he got most of those walking dead things back to the life of the dead. All he wanted to do was make sure the others stayed alive and got the unknown guy into the building. He noticed Kenji behind him carrying a girl. Was she from East camp? Cass didn’t seem to recognize her. Maybe that wasn’t the Elisa girl everyone was yelling for. He turned his attention back to Alora when she told him to take the guy from her. She gently moved so he could take her place. He tried a gently as he could to get the guy held up.

“I can’t do much but I can stitch some,” He offered up. His mother taught him a bit when they were in the stable. One of the little girls had hit her head and had a big gash. His stitch work wasn’t medical award worthy, but it held up and healed nicely. “Don’t pick on my stitch work though. It really is shitty, but it’s a good thing to know how to do and it holds up.” He said, slowly shrugging trying not to hurt the guy. He looked over to Leon and the guy, then back to Alora. “Also, if you someone to stick you with a needle for blood donations, I can help there too.” He said with a small smile, hoping he didn’t freak the woman out about the needle. Even though she looked fine, she still looked like she was freaking out a bit. It could have just been him crashing from the adrenaline rush.

“Is she knocked out?” He asked out loud, to anyone really. He just wanted an answer so he would know. He looked back to the guy whose name he was yet to get. He heard everyone yelling it, but he couldn’t remember it. “Hey, dude.” He said, gently tapping his hand against the guys. “I’m Jack. Tell me you name.” The last thing they needed was another knocked out person. “Just trying to help keep you wake.” He added, nodding to the guy.

↻ Where am I? outside, in front of the school tab Who am I with? everyone really, but spitz, alora and leon tab Outfit? Outfit

Mewling Cat

LOCATION; Infirmary WITH; Devi and everyone else OOC; Sorry it's shortUser Image

K E N J I
xxxF U K U Z A W A

Kenji could hear the commotion going on from the echoes in the hallway. If this school was good for something more than zombie protection, it was probably its acoustics. He had seen a glimpse or two of the man who had been injured, but he had yet to meet him. From the sounds of it saving him was going to be rather complicated. This really wasn’t a good way to start off their first few days sharing camp. At the very least it looked as if the group was pulling together rather than apart from all this, and it was more a case of bad luck than anything else.

He looked down at the woman in his arms and glanced her over for any wounds once more before looking up to answer Tess who had come to talk to him just after he brought the girl in. “No bites. Looks like she’s just exhausted herself.” He nodded at her advice about the infirmary and hastily made his way down the hall .

There was no point in stopping before he got to the infirmary and unloaded his arms, so he settled the woman on one of the cots as soon as possible. Honestly he wasn’t sure there was much else he could do than let her rest. Not like he could feed her while she was unconscious. He simply had to wait until she got up.

In the meantime he looked around the infirmary. From what he understood there was no medic with them, so they would have to make do with what they could. He wasn’t sure what they would need, but it was good to at least be a little more prepared and know where everything was.

Hilarious Humorist

8,600 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

SPITZ East Camp Scavenger

As everyone tried to work around this situation, Spitz did everything he could to stay awake. Most of his weight were on the two holding him at this point. His eyes narrowed on the path before him. Once again he saw the figure standing before him. A being gliding over the earth as they walked towards him, never getting closer. The man before him was familiar- more familiar than anyone else here. Mostly because once Spitz saw past the haze he saw himself staring right back as if he was looking in a mirror. A very angry looking version of himself with his arms crossed tightly over his chest.

Except if you looked at the figure -which obviously no one else could since it was a figure of his imagination- you could tell some minor differences. His hair was just a little too long and a lighter brown. His eyes were also a slight green. Still the resemblance was still there.. and so was the anger in this copy of his. His green eyes glinted as he stayed his several feet away, shaking his head. Spitz was so focused on him that he didn't even hear Jack speaking to him. This was his brother- his twin brother. The only person he'd ever been close to. Personality wise he'd been the complete opposite as Spitz. Friendly, personable, charming. It had been him to get him accepted into east camp.

"Henry," he'd breath out, trying to figure out if this was a dream or if his brother had rose from the dead. Exhaustion didn't help him logically deduce the correct answer, leaving him to suffer the emotional blowback of this indecision.

"Quite a pickle you've gotten yourself in, little brother..." the voice echoed to him alone. "Not planning on joining me yet are you? Oh that look of disappointment in his eyes. His brother shook his head, stopping in the door way of the infirmary. He was practically dragged through the doorway at this point, his feet having trouble working. "Stay awake... you aren't allowed to quit now. So wake up. Stay awake!"

They passed through the form of his brother as they went through the doorway, causing Spitz to flinch as reality broke through. He took in a few deep breaths, looking around the infirmary as he tried to gain his footing, gripping tightly on Jack's shoulder. He'd said something right? What had he said..?

"Wh... what?" he'd mutter, looking around to the others. Elise was missing, a new girl had shown up and he was damaged... this was a bad day.

"

Interstellar Trash

User ImageUser Image

LOCATION ;; infirmary COMPANY ;; Spitz, Cass, Jack, Alora, Dex, Tess, mystery girl WEARING ;; here! OOC ;; edited a bit

Spitz was still talking. That was a good sign, Leon supposed, and between slow, labored breaths, he began to answer Leon's questions while the three of them shuffled up one stair step at a time. He kept talking, trying desperately to keep Spitz awake. "All right, we're gonna get that thing out of there straight away. Where else? What about that arm? You're favoring it, does it hurt there as well?"

Alora seemed hesitant to answer his question about blood types, and when she finally did speak, he understood why. Telling people that she was a universal donor was tantamount to volunteering herself for any and all future emergency transfusions for as long as Spitz was in poor condition. In the immediate sense, she would be risking infection (of the mundane, non-zombie variety) and hypovolemic shock in order to rescue a person who she had only just met a moment ago at the request of another person she barely knew. Leon was crazy to ask her--but he had to--and Alora would be crazy to say yes, but she would. "Only if he needs it. Elsie won't let you lose more than you can spare."

Unfortunately, Leon had spoke too soon about Elsie. Cass returned quickly, a little short of breath after running through the whole school, and reported that Elsie was nowhere to be found. "You're joking," he said flatly, staring at her face. It wasn't that Leon thought Cass would joke about something like that, but the alternative, that Elsie was missing... [********] He closed his eyes for a moment, exhaled slowly, and then glanced up at Cass, who was urging him to hurry up and get Spitz to the infirmary. He was doing the best he could, but Spitz was barely ambulatory, Leon had been lifting boxes all day, and Alora weighed all of eight stone and couldn't be expected to carry Spitz's full weight. As for the question of who was going to deal with the medical stuff, Leon had no clue. "Everything I know about medicine I learned from television," he confessed while Alora called one of her east camp people over and traded places with him.

Alora's younger brother Dex was standing at the top of the stairs. He was unarmed, not being much of a help, simply rubbernecking, but he did have the courtesy to hold open the front door so the three of them could walk through. However, he was looking not at them but at something going on behind the gate. "Alora, there's a girl out there." At Dex's word, Leon glanced back, thinking it could have been Elsie returning, but the girl Dex had pointed out was someone else entirely, and apparently nobody knew her. "She's not one of ours," he replied to Kenji. Lucky girl to have walked however far she had come and happen to fall down at the door of a camp of survivors. This moment was not the best time to be dealing with new arrivals, but the girl had fainted and they couldn't leave her out there to be eaten. "Follow us to the infirmary," he told Kenji and Alora. "We'll make it work without Elsie. We did before."

The new girl was an interesting problem. Leon wouldn't put it past a desperate survivor to fake fainting in order to get inside their infirmary and nick supplies. They would have to keep a close watch on her after she woke up. If she was planning something, it would be nearly impossible for her to steal much of anything as long as Spitz was still in critical condition and there were three or four survivors attending to him in the same room, but he would make sure everyone had their guard up.

Leon and Jack half-dragged Spitz into the infirmary. He was fading fast, mumbling his brother's name and having trouble focusing on anything Leon and Jack were saying. Everyone was talking at once: Kenji was commenting on the fainted woman's condition, speculating that it was just exhaustion, but Dex spoke up from behind him to say, "I think it's dehydration. We should give her water and see if she wakes up." At the same time, Jack was offering his ability to stitch wounds and p***k people with needles as needed.

"Can't drink water if she's fainted," Leon replied. "Come help us a minute, Dex, Kenji. We've got to get him up on the counter so we can get that branch out." Hopefully Elsie kept her workspace clean, because there wasn't time to sterilize. Even in ideal circumstances, the nurse's office in an old secondary school would never measure up to a surgeon's operating theater. After Spitz was lifted onto the counter, Leon started giving directions. "Cass, you tend to the girl Kenji brought in. If she wakes on her own, it's probably like Kenji said, so have her sit up and give her something to eat and drink. If she doesn't wake in a few minutes, then get Jack and the two of you figure out how to administer water intravenously. Jack, I'm trusting you with the needle-sticking job. I think you can manage it. Tess, grab a pair of shears from the second drawer there and cut that shirt off him. Try not to disturb the branch if you can. Kenji, get his shoes and trousers. Both of you watch for bruising. We need to know where to look for bone breaks. Dex, hang on a bit, we might need you again. Alora, you're with me." He waved her over to one of the cupboards and pulled out a tiny pink-handled key that was hanging from a leather strip tied around his neck, hidden beneath his shirt. The key was the same color as a padlock on one of the cabinet doors. It wasn't very secure, and it really looked like something that could be found hanging from a little girl's locker, but it was better than nothing.

Leon unlocked the cabinet and was relieved to see that wherever she had gone, Elsie hadn't taken the medicine with her. The shelves were filled with rows of mismatched plastic baskets and cardboard boxes. He withdrew a cardboard box, originally marked as a children's brand of yogurt, which had been repurposed for storing the west camp's collection of painkillers, and began to pull out bottles and vials, checking the labels. "I know we have tanks of laughing gas somewhere around here," he said distractedly, "but Elsie's not here to administer it and I don't want to kill him. 'Course you know morphine's impossible to find, but, er, we did find a few vials of this at a vet's." He handed her a small brown bottle labeled "Ketamine HCl". "What do you think?"

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Girl, the rain falls down from the northern skies like poisoned knives with no mercy.

User Image
t e s s
a n n e
h u d s o n

e a s t _ c a m p _ l o o k o u t

Tess had a stilted sort of half grimace on her face the entire way back into the building, trailing along, one hand still on her holstered gun. She didn't like this. Too much was happening at once. and they could barely seem to keep track of one another, never mind the new people. She doubted she'd see the west camper as anything other than the outsiders, the newcomers, for a while, having just met most of them mere minutes ago. Spitz was gonna need blood. That much was obvious. She couldn't give it. She didn't think anyone else from her camp could give it. Her stomach developed a familiar, sick, tight feeling that relieved some when Alora replied that she had O negative.

So there was some hope, then.

She was silent as Jack came up as they made there way inside, and glanced back at the gate as she entered the school. Something else was going on out there. More commotion. Was that... a corpse or a person? Either way, it wasn't one of there's, and Cass was going over to where Kenji was. Tess hunched her shoulders and hurried inside. Spitz was giving her an apologetic look of sorts. She mouthed something unintelligible but sympathetic, and everyone seemed to have merged together at that point into one large group, everyone's attention flitting between Spitz and the unconscious girl being brought in. Great. Their medic was nowhere to be found, and they had one definitely injured person, and another possibly injured.

At least the out of it girl had no bites, anyways, and Spitz wasn't infected. But he seemed sort of out of it now too. Oh God. Was he about to pass out too? She was concerned he might not wake up again if that happened. She stared at Leon for a moment, internally fretting, at the order to get shears and cut the shirt- what if she accidentally cut the branch? Or him? But she jolted into action, yanking open the drawer, which groaned in protest, and pulling out the sheers. They were quite large, but she had big hands for a thin girl of average height. Big feet, too. She used to wear her brother's old sneakers growing up. She waited until Spitz was laid out on the counter to approach, warily holding the shears.

Cutting someone's shirt off their body was never not awkward, so she muttered an apology and warned, "Don't move, Spitz," and said in a lower tone, "You have to make sure he doesn't try to sit up while I'm cutting- I don't want to end up stabbing him," to Dex and Kenji. She grabbed the edge of his shirt adjusted the shears in her firm grip, before she began steadily snipping away the blood soaked material. Tess had never been squeamish, and was notoriously good at keeping a straight face. She worked slowly, and edged her way around the branch, holding her breath before exhaling harshly when she was away from it. The rest of the shirt could be cut off much faster, though the sheers were damp with half dried and fresh blood from it, and her fingers were stained a rusty red. She stepped back, holding the now completely tattered shreds of what had been the shirt balled up in the shears-free hand. "Done," she announced shakily, ready to get the hell out of way if necessary. She wasn't about to puke or anything, but she was no expert when it came to this sort of thing.

OOC:
Username

Girl, close your eyes for the one last time; sleepless nights from here to eternity.

ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, sʜᴏᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴜɴ ᴏʀ ʜᴀs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴜs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴏɴᴇ?
ɪs ɪᴛ ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ ɪs ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ? ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ, ᴏʀ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴀᴠɪᴏʀ?

Alora shook her head, telling herself to focus as she followed Kenji and the unknown female to the infirmary. She was slightly ahead of the others, for Spitz was obviously pretty slow, even with the help of Leon and Jack. She nodded to Dex, who held the door open for them as they approached. "Keep an eye on her," she mumbled to Dex as she passed him. This girl was apparently completely unknown to both the east and west camps. For all she knew, this girl could be faking. She wouldn't be surprised if she woke up with sticky fingers and took a few things. Or, perhaps, she'd even attempt to hurt someone or take over the camp. Alora didn't want any more drama than they'd already had. The last thing she needed was even more injured. She didn't want anything to happen to Kenji either. After all, he was carrying the girl in his arms.

Alora looked to Leon as he explained his medical inexperience. She smiled a tiny smile. "I thought about being a nurse once. I've been to a few medical conventions, and a first aid class or two. Together, we might be as qualified as a school nurse," she joked dryly. At least he knew what he was doing as far as crowd management. She listened as he gave out jobs to those surrounding. While firm and a little bit quick with his words, he was most definitely calm. He seemed, so far, to be a genuinely good leader. Time would tell. Alora didn't particularly have too much time to worry about over analyzing.

She watched as they lifted Spitz onto the counter. Alora grabbed the bottle from Leon, examining it. "This should work alright if we get an IV going," she said. "We'll start him off on 4 milligrams per milliliter and work our way up if he needs anything more."

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: the infirmary
ᴏutfit: here
with: who even knows at this point?
ᴏᴏᴄ: It's short, but I had time to post! I flew from FL to Seattle today, so I'm kind of out of it and sleepy. I'm in a hotel atm. Sorry if anything doesn't make sense.

Hilarious Humorist

8,600 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

SPITZ East Camp Scavenger

For a brief moment, Spitz head hung down to his chest, his eyes drooping for a moment as the world around him ticked on. People buzzing about, quickly trying to help him and the stranger that had wandered up to the gate. Well... he was a stranger too, wasn't he? The west campers were helping him even when they barely knew him. He barely talked to his own camp members either; no doubt they saw him as a strange if not foreign individual. Some eerie lurker whose only incentive for keeping around is that he brought back enough to keep others alive. Now that he was broken what was he? Well.. now he was just a strange lurker.

"All right, we're gonna get that thing out of there straight away. Where else? What about that arm? You're favoring it, does it hurt there as well?" Leon said. He flexed his fingers slowly, showing it to his leader before rotating his wrist- neither were broken. When he started to stretch out his elbow though he felt electricity shoot up and down his arm, causing him to grimace. He gave a small nod, allowing himself to be helped onto the counter.

As they laid Spitz down he felt relief wash over him. Finally he was allowed to rest, right? The old infirmary counter was strangely perfect to him at this point. The decaying surface didn't bother him in the slightest. It was a place to rest his head after hours of traveling. Instead of simply slipping off though, Spitz took this small comfort with a dose of reality, knowing that falling asleep wasn't an option. He had to make sure they didn't kill him since Elise was no longer with them... which seemed to be the topic at the moment.

Leon gave the order to cut his clothes off and Spitz resisted the urge to reject it. Not that he was self conscious he was just... well self conscious, obviously. "Don't move, Spitz," Tess said to him and Spitz would give a nod, offering a short but sweet: "I won't.."

Fighting against Tess while she cut his clothes off didn't seem to be in the cards at the moment anyways. He just laid on the counter, trying to stay calm as panicking would only kill him faster. Once the shirt was off though he'd try to get up on his elbows, looking to Leon and Alora as they fumbled over morphine and laughing gas and other ways to numb him. The movement stretched his wound, causing a flare of pain to shoot through him which turned to anger quickly. He fell back to the counter, wheezing out for a moment.

"Just pull the damned stick out!" he nearly yelled out. He didn't mean to yell at them. Circumstances being any different than they were he never would have either. Yelling wasn't his thing. He rarely brought his voice up over monotone. It was a new sensation for him and he didn't like it. He huffed out, putting his good arm over his face and exposing the stick. "Forget the morphine... just... just do it.." After a few seconds of building up his courage he let his arm fall away from his face, looking to Leon now. He was serious. He just wanted this done and the stick out. He wasn't going to waste any of their medicine. "I-I'll pull it out myself if I have to.." he stammered.

hella-groovy
The Forgotten Weasley
AliasAurora

Prophet

User Image
                                                        User Image

Spitz was talking nonsense to Jack and Leon, but hell he was talking, so Jack took it as a good sign. They got the man and the lady to the infirmary and had them in their own areas so everyone could do what they were to do. Jack looked at Leon and nodded to his words. He was freaking out a bit, but he knew he could easily get the sticks done, so long as his ‘patient’ stayed still. He watched Tess as she cut Spitz shirt off and the others finished striping him.
                                                                  Leon and Alora went over looking for something he didn’t hear. He wasn’t paying much attention to them. He moved away from them and began looking in draws for the things he needed for stitches. He opened two draws and found what he was looking for, the needles and thread along with a pair of medical tweezers, he grabbed some disinfectant and cotton balls and made his way back to Spitz and Tess.

This made him think of one of the kids who stayed in the stable with him. He had bumped his head pretty hard on one of the wooden fences and gotten a splinter and cut across his forehead. It was one of the weirdest things, other than zombies that he had seen. His mom made him stitch the boy up. His mom had handed him everything he needed and told him to do what he needed to do.

Spitz’s outburst took him from his train of thought. He saw how serious Spitz was looking at Leon making Jack's eyes widen. “I suggest having something to decrease the pain.” Jack said, holding his empty hand over Spitz’s shoulder, not directly touching him, just close enough to push him down if he tries to get up.

“But if you’re serious, someone grab the top of the branch, I’ll grab the base and pull it out.” He said, looking at the group of people. “Tess can pour the disinfectant on the wound once we get the branch out, which is probably gonna sting, and I can stitch him up afterword’s.” Jack offered up. He looked back at Spitz, a goofy grin on his lips. “You got more balls than I do for that.”

↻ Where am I? infirmary tab Who am I with? everyone i think tab Outfit? Outfit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff