Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Bookworm

So I've never been good at writing rules, but for some reason when I went to write the rules topic for my new RP guild, things just kept flowing out of me. I'm worried that the length of my rules topic is turning people off from joining the guild. Here's a link to my rules topic. If anybody has any suggestions for it, or if you think it's fine as-is, please let me know. smile

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
DarkJaden825698
So I've never been good at writing rules, but for some reason when I went to write the rules topic for my new RP guild, things just kept flowing out of me. I'm worried that the length of my rules topic is turning people off from joining the guild. Here's a link to my rules topic. If anybody has any suggestions for it, or if you think it's fine as-is, please let me know. smile

That link takes me to a message that says that guild has been deactivated by a mod.

Dangerous Bookworm

Oh, whoops. Right. I forgot I deleted the rules topic to make for an Introductory Thread instead. Hold on, the link is here.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
First of all....I am a huge Zelda fan. OwO

Anyhoo, here is my suggestions for your guild.

1. I'd remove the history post & add it to the home page of the guild. It seems like it would be better there. smile

2. I think one thread just for the guild rules is fine. You could also add the Frequently Asked Questions there as well, in the 2nd post & stickie & lock it.

3. I'd also remove the meet the crew post & just have one thread just for that. In there you can allow members to ask the crew questions about the guild, rules, etc.

4. I also think you should remove the thread starter guide & have it stickied in the main RP sub forum.

5. And I also think you should remove the sub-forum guide & add it as rules in my rules thread.

6. I would also remove the awards/donation post. If you were planning on contests/giveaways I'd either make a sub-forum for it or one thread dedicated to it.

7. Finally, I think you should remove the banners/affiliates post & either have one thread for it, or make a sub-forum just for advertisements. If you did the sub-forum, you could make one stickie thread & list all of the guild banners & affiliates, & allow anyone who is interested in being affiliates with your guild to fill out a form & post it in there. smile

Dangerous Bookworm

Unsolved Mystery
First of all....I am a huge Zelda fan. OwO

Anyhoo, here is my suggestions for your guild.

1. I'd remove the history post & add it to the home page of the guild. It seems like it would be better there. smile

2. I think one thread just for the guild rules is fine. You could also add the Frequently Asked Questions there as well, in the 2nd post & stickie & lock it.

3. I'd also remove the meet the crew post & just have one thread just for that. In there you can allow members to ask the crew questions about the guild, rules, etc.

4. I also think you should remove the thread starter guide & have it stickied in the main RP sub forum.

5. And I also think you should remove the sub-forum guide & add it as rules in my rules thread.

6. I would also remove the awards/donation post. If you were planning on contests/giveaways I'd either make a sub-forum for it or one thread dedicated to it.

7. Finally, I think you should remove the banners/affiliates post & either have one thread for it, or make a sub-forum just for advertisements. If you did the sub-forum, you could make one stickie thread & list all of the guild banners & affiliates, & allow anyone who is interested in being affiliates with your guild to fill out a form & post it in there. smile

If you're a huge Zelda fan, you should join the guild. biggrin

The only reason I combined it into one thread is because I saw that a lot of other guilds were doing that and it seemed like a convenient one-stop place to get any of the information you need. Separating the thread into multiple threads makes the forum seem very cluttered and confusing. I wanted a place that all the new members could go for all the information. However, the thread starting guide in the main RP forum does seem like a better idea, and I'm starting to like the advertisements subboard.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
DarkJaden825698

I would join, but I am not an RPer. I could never get into it, even though I tried. OwO

And that's cool. Everyone likes to have their guild a certain way. smile

I'm glad you at least liked a couple of my ideas.

It does seem like it would be a bit cluttered by having a lot of different threads.

And I don't think you had too many rules, btw. smile

Dangerous Bookworm

Unsolved Mystery
I would join, but I am not an RPer. I could never get into it, even though I tried. OwO

It does seem like it would be a bit cluttered by having a lot of different threads.

Actually, it did seem to work better separated. Thanks for the advice! (Well do you have any roleplaying friends? Invite them to join! lol)

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
DarkJaden825698
Unsolved Mystery

Actually, it did seem to work better separated. Thanks for the advice! (Well do you have any roleplaying friends? Invite them to join! lol)

I do not know if they like RPing or not, but I'll be sure to suggest your guild if I ever come across anyone looking for a great RP to join. smile

And hooray! I'm glad you liked my advice. I'm glad I could help you out & I wish you the best of luck with your wonderful guild. smile

Dangerous Bookworm

Unsolved Mystery
I do not know if they like RPing or not, but I'll be sure to suggest your guild if I ever come across anyone looking for a great RP to join. smile

And hooray! I'm glad you liked my advice. I'm glad I could help you out & I wish you the best of luck with your wonderful guild. smile

Thank you so much. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces