Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Werewolf

Ok so I am going to be taking my cousin's old wedding dress (size 24) and completely changing it to make my wedding dress (size 12) And I wanted some thoughts on the design as well as any tips on how to not screw this up. And what I might need to look at or be careful of while doing this.

Comments on the design only is fine as well.

Design:

User Image

Original dress on me:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PS: Please don't say anything mean. Just constructive comments and helpful advice please.
Where was the gown bought from? To be honest I would take it there and have them fit it or take it to a tailor. I will say this it is a very pretty gown.

Blessed Werewolf

Gma Wolf
Where was the gown bought from? To be honest I would take it there and have them fit it or take it to a tailor. I will say this it is a very pretty gown.

It was bough in a different state years ago. I don't even think she remembers. I don't have the money to hire someone to do it, sadly, anyways. She gave me hers so that I at least had a starting point instead of creating the whole thing from scratch like I had planned.
heart Wish I lived closer, I'd be able to help more. You may also check with a Jr college for some help.

Interesting Genius

5,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
you need to sew in from the arm holes and the sides. dont touch the back or front!
teacherfufu
you need to sew in from the arm holes and the sides. dont touch the back or front!

Exactly.
When I had a dress tailored a little bit he said pretty much no one touches the zippers. Safety pins are your friends in this case. Youtube can be a GREAT resource if you watch videos to see how others have done similar work. If you are getting rid of the one shoulder you should be able to take away more fabric from that side to also help with keeping the other shoulder where you want it.
You'll basically want to pin and even use chip bag clips and such initially to get that image of what you need to do where in the beginning.

Hilarious Gaian

5,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Lonely Kitten

That is going to look so beautiful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash