Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
soo im making armgloves and im looking for a durable strech fabric, wont untwill or weaken strech for a while had a roll of blue i got but i find myself wanting red and black for color varity
Gauntlets, fingerless gloves, etc. are usually made out of "Spandex". When sewing this type of fabric do use a BALLPOINT needle.(or risk unraveling)

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Gma Wolf
Gauntlets, fingerless gloves, etc. are usually made out of "Spandex". When sewing this type of fabric do use a BALLPOINT needle.(or risk unraveling)

so it was spandex, it streches one way right with a woven look?
I'm not sure what its called where you are, but at the Fabricland I worked at we had something called "scuba" and it was really just a poly-spandex (probaly 96%poly 4%spandex) blend that was quite heavy with a one way stretch. I wouldn't get a cotton spandex blend as cotton will relax and stretch out faster than polyester. You're probably better off going to a fabric store and asking one of the people who works there, they'll know their stock best! I also order from spandex world when I can't find what I need locally, they're fairly reliable.
Hoshioni
Gma Wolf

so it was spandex, it streches one way right with a woven look?

Pretty much.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Stardust-tea
I'm not sure what its called where you are, but at the Fabricland I worked at we had something called "scuba" and it was really just a poly-spandex (probaly 96&#xpo;ly 4&#xsp;andex) blend that was quite heavy with a one way stretch. I wouldn't get a cotton spandex blend as cotton will relax and stretch out faster than polyester. You're probably better off going to a fabric store and asking one of the people who works there, they'll know their stock best! I also order from spandex world when I can't find what I need locally, they're fairly reliable.

my local store was lacking and what i had i got at a flea market..so i had no way to know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff