Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keep in mind that these people who are giving you price opinions are not acutally buying them. I have been marketing my jewellery on Ebay, markets and by word of mouth for a few years now and I learned really quickly that as soon as they actually have to buy one, they want it for cheaper than they suggested...

Also, Ebay is a bad place to start selling... You have to start your auctions at such a low price to even be notcied that it usually isn't worth the chance that it will sell with only one bid. (Happens quite frequently).

If you are serious about selling, I would start at looking into the local markets. Festivals during the summer are good too. I pay $25 per day to set up a table each week at one of the local farmer's markets. It gives me face to face interaction with my customers, I get a higher price for my work and I get good feedback.

Also, keep in mind that beadwork is very popular to make more than to buy. More often than not, you will have people saying "lovely" "gorgeous" etc and then say "I'll go make one at home!"... Also, a lot of the seedbead stuff like what you posted is commonly brought in from India or China and sold for a few dollars a piece. I couldn't compete with that. And though most of my beaded jewellery is priced at less than the cost of the beads, people still aren't buying them.

My suggestion to you is find something unique. Try to get away from the beads, or if you really want to stay with them, find soemthing different (healing crystals, homemade beads, etc) that most people don't have.

A good way to see if you have soemthing unique is to search online such sites as google.ca (search under images) or on ebay.com. Try to keep your searches broad, and if you come up with many many sites/images, than chances are you will have a hard time selling your work.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Those are awesome. I would definitely buy them for at least $20. (please note that i said "at least". I'm one of those people that doesn't like to spend more than they have to. At $20 it would be a bargain. Sane people would probably sell for $30 or more.)
cool! I make jewlery too and would like to sell my pieces. but i also have problems pricing it.
I am sure they would sell very well.
The best way to priceanything is to take averything into account. How much did the beads cost you? the clasps? how much is your time worth? ( I tend to go for minimum wage, but you can pay yourself whatever you like.)
Also make sure you price your shipping before quoting it on Ebay. It is always easier to lower your prices if you set them too high. But raising them significantly quite soon after joining the market can drive away potential buyers.

Ebay is not a great place to start but if you want to make money at local markets you have to really be out going and draw people to your table. You have to make them want to buy your stuff and not the persons across the hall.
Good Luck
Try selling on Etsy. It's a selling site for handmade items. It isn't auction based, like Ebay, so you don't run the risk of selling your jewellery too cheap.
They look nice if I do say so myself, which I do, so it must be true twisted If it were at a craft show I've ever sold at, I'd price it at a faiir price around $30 - $50. You should most definitely try to sell those like has been suggested. Maybe I should post pics of some of my works on here too ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff