Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Phantom

Hello,

I'm in a pinch to get some size 4 pants (women's petite) to fit my size 0 waist (by early tomorrow morning). Any advice?

I'd assume putting notches in the waist, but I'm still not certain if they'll fit right. I have elastic and a sewing machine on hand. Also, there are no belt loops on the pants.

I just need these pants to hang in there for me tomorrow, which then I can get a pair to actually fit.

Thank you so very much.

- Miele

Generous Phantom

Generous Phantom

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
That really depends on how the pants are structured. Do they have a waistband? If its 2 layers, you can probably open a seam and slide elastic through it, stitch the ends of the elastic together and then sew up the open seam. It won't look super pretty, but it'll hold them up.

Other option is to take off the waistband, hack off what you need to & re-stitch the waistband back into a loop, then run a wide stitch through the top of the pants, gather it to size and put the waistband back on. This takes more time & skill, but will look a little more polished.

Shameless Hoarder

26,590 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
notches is a great idea, just put on the pants inside out so you can mark how much fabric needs to go

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff