Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm dabbing in it and wanting to experiment more, what do you use?

What do you paint and seal with?
Do you make your own clay?

What kinds of things do you make?
I just mess around but I usually make little phone charms. I use sculpey and fimo and have a sculpey bakeable clear sealent. I previously used an air dry sealant--I don't remember the brand--but that was leaving my stuff still stick and gross days later..
Indi-Lei
I just mess around but I usually make little phone charms. I use sculpey and fimo and have a sculpey bakeable clear sealent. I previously used an air dry sealant--I don't remember the brand--but that was leaving my stuff still stick and gross days later..
I've used Sculpey, how is fimo?

My little stuff I use super dry nail polish clear but for my bigger stuff I want to find something better.

I'm wanting to make something large but I'm having issues in the oven everything keeps melting over and my mermaid looked like she was in a slasher movie.

Dedicated Officer

i use primarily sculpey and i color it with pastels before baking and paint after baking if applicable. i haven't been able to afford sealant so i just use regular sculpey glaze :/

i've found that the clay i make myself often will bake unevenly or not be smooth enough to be satisfying. :c

i make 1:12 dollhouse minis mostly. i've been moving away from minis and more toward jewellry recently, but it's always really happy when i go to a tiny donut or croissant C:
Suspiria Snow White
Indi-Lei
I've used Sculpey, how is fimo?

My little stuff I use super dry nail polish clear but for my bigger stuff I want to find something better.

I'm wanting to make something large but I'm having issues in the oven everything keeps melting over and my mermaid looked like she was in a slasher movie.
it melts? Are you using the regular bakeable kind? I've never had that problem. For me fimo is the same as sculpey. I get the 2$ single pack kind. I've read its supposed to be a little bit stronger though but it didn't make a difference for me.
fun fact: Sculpy will burn like paper if you try to light it on fire ( I did so accidentally in a college assignment which was fortunately outside cos the fumes are awful)

I read that Varathane Diamond Polyurethane Interior works well with polymer clay as a varnish and it doesn't yellow overtime you should be able to get it at any hardware store.

I've personally only used golden acrylic matte varnish since I was sculpting figures and wanted as little shine as possible. So far, it's in exactly the same state as it was 6 months ago.
My friend makes the most incredible robots with sculpy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff