Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Committee Staff Gaian

Does anyone else do crazy patchwork? It's really great if you have little scraps of fabric just lying around. I first learned about this last year in my Interior Design class. We were doing sewing for the home and making decorative pillows. I have never had so much fun sewing before! It's simple, and entertaining. Much better than making clothes. lol

Here's what I completed:

User Image <----Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Crazy patchwork is a great way to break out of the traditional quilting mode for a little while. It's great for all those extra bits of scrap laying around. You just sew as you please, where you please, how you please. I adore it. heart

Circlehas1side
Crazy patchwork is a great way to break out of the traditional quilting mode for a little while. It's great for all those extra bits of scrap laying around. You just sew as you please, where you please, how you please. I adore it. heart

So true. And, it releases your inner crazy!!! hehe
Circlehas1side

Actually, it is a traditional quilting pattern (from the victorian era). Crazy quilting is nice and there is a lot of choice: you can make whole quilts in a crazy pattern or make crazy-quilt blocks and sew them together with sashing or mix crazy quilting with applique photos or embroidery blocks or just solids.

veneficusoccultus
Circlehas1side

Actually, it is a traditional quilting pattern (from the victorian era). Crazy quilting is nice and there is a lot of choice: you can make whole quilts in a crazy pattern or make crazy-quilt blocks and sew them together with sashing or mix crazy quilting with applique photos or embroidery blocks or just solids.

See, when I think of traditional quilting I think of blocks patched together that are the same in height and width all around.
i do alot of pathwork on my bag and my jeans. it doesn't always come out how I wanted it, but it does look really cute
that is rad mrgreen
I havn't yet but I've been saving up scraps. I want to get an old denim skirt and completely cover it in just random pits of diffrent colored and patterened cloth, frayed edges and all till you can't see the denim anymore.
Then I'd wear it with the duct tape jacket I'd like to make.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff