Welcome to Gaia! ::

JHoersten2

Analyzing froma mathmatician perspective huh? Wow, you must be one of the nerds that they aim this stuff for. SUGGESTION: just tell the guys at school to stop sticking your head in the shitter.

I don't WANT my books simpler. Why would I need something dumbed down so that i can 'understand' it better. It sounds like you need to drop the ignorance and get a clue about GOOD gaming, not just what's easiest for such the manly mathematician as yourself.

but i forgot, I'm not nearly as "VEYR" smart as you, boy wonder.
....last time i checked, I didn't care what you had to say, NOR asked for your opinion, tough guy.

You posted a point, I replied with a counterpoint. It's that simple.
Your current reply has actually amazed me: I thought I'd find more CONTENT and less s**t-spewing.

ArcVembris
JHoersten2
wow

Yes, I too was amazed at what a jerk you seem to be.

Very much agreed.
I have gone through a werewolf and a mage game. I've also played Exalted. My favorite is werewolf, the storyteller used very little of the metaplot in our game, and had recently ended a WoD game using werewolves, mages and a vampire. He used that setting for our game. He used very little hack and slash.

On another note I have started a Werewolf: The Wild West chronicle, and by what my players say I am pretty good.

Oh and for advice, if the storyteller puts in a pair strong mages in as NPCs, Do NOT tell them that you helped your friend blow Orions groin off.( Yes the constalation!)
Everyone should just get along. The poor girl asked for advice, not which system sucks. (Which neither do, that's why people love both) I started out as a Glasswalker I believe but I've always been steriotyped with the Black Furies because of my "femenist b!tch" qualities. All honesty, that's the worst. The guys will tell you that because you're a Black Fury you're a stupid man-hater. (Not true) although if you plan on being a man-hater then a Black Fury is probably a good character choice.

Wow, done ranting now........stupid boys. Long live my fists to defend my own damn name and honor, I don't need a guy to do that for me.
Surprisingly we're doing a WoD RPG and we have all of them. Even Highlander -EEK- But I find that most people pick Tremere and I guess why Whitewolf did a revised (Vampire the Requiem) is because they realized they left Tremere too open-ended. Mages can be very annoying too. But I can't really speak because I'm a wussy Gangrel (Nothing against Gangrels, LOVE them to be honest) Really we've had every class in the game so far except for a Hunter, which I think our storyteller is going to introduce later on -Tonight Hopefully- Anyway. I've ranted on a bit more but I really do think the Oldie is better than the newie concerning Whitewolf and the Revised WoD Books.

Also: If you see a bunch of werewolves with Fetish Weapons...DON'T Ask them for money -was missing half of his arm for a night-
Niccon
Surprisingly we're doing a WoD RPG and we have all of them. Even Highlander -EEK- But I find that most people pick Tremere and I guess why Whitewolf did a revised (Vampire the Requiem) is because they realized they left Tremere too open-ended. Mages can be very annoying too. But I can't really speak because I'm a wussy Gangrel (Nothing against Gangrels, LOVE them to be honest) Really we've had every class in the game so far except for a Hunter, which I think our storyteller is going to introduce later on -Tonight Hopefully- Anyway. I've ranted on a bit more but I really do think the Oldie is better than the newie concerning Whitewolf and the Revised WoD Books.

Also: If you see a bunch of werewolves with Fetish Weapons...DON'T Ask them for money -was missing half of his arm for a night-

Well, actually The Requiem. The forsaken, and The Awakening((the new WOD games for vampire,werewolf and mage)). Are not revised editions, they are totally NEW versions of the game...Like the same White Wolf Forums says... You should look at it like one is Final Fantasy and the other is Final Fantasy II, maybe some similar things, but a whole new world...

And for you, girl who started this pollemic thread(( ^^U just kidding)). A Philodox is a good character choice...the judges... they can be very usefull in a lot of cases, plus, they can be role played greatly... A Black Fury are more complex thatn just "Amazons" who hate men. They are a tribe with great sense of honor, and in my oppinion, the best mothers of all garou nation((just imagine the suffering of having to give away your son, because he is a male born))... A philodox black fury is a great convination. My advice? relly more on words and logic than on claws...thats the way of the philodox.
Wow, I didn't know when this thread got popular...I thought it died awhile back...LOL And now we have all this...excitement? Can I call it that? xp

Thanks for the advice, by the by. I was originally a Philly Fienna (sp?), but the guys pissed my character off so bad by the end of the first session that I was pretty much told that a Black Fury should have been my class... xp And it's easier for me to play anyways. I'm way too mad at the Bone Gnawer Ragabash right now (actually played by my boyfriend...lol) right now to be anything else.

And yes, Black Furies do seem to be very in-depth. This character was my first step into actual Table Top RPing, so I hope it all goes well...
MishaTerina
Zerona
Personally out of all the WOD stories my favorite is Changeling: The Dreaming. Then its a large tie between all but Hunter and Werewolf.

I want to get into Changeling, but I can't find any books anywhere. Same with Wraith, but that's been out of print for a while.

Changeling is out of Print, but there's a Dark Ages Fae that looks interesting by WW, and Wraith became Orpheus, personally, I love Wraith. -loves on my glowy Wraith book-
I play White Wolf Games. Vampire: the Masquerade (excellent to begin with for the most part), Mage: the Ascension (really good if you have a Storyteller with a lot of imagination for paradox and such), Wraith: the Oblivion (My baby, very macabre), Kindred of the East (very interesting, asian vampires, not blood suckers really), Mummy: the Ressurrection (I think) (Very interesting, haven't gotten into it though), Changeling: the Dreaming (Wonderful if you like fantastic stories with flights of fancy), Demon: the Fallen (a bit grossly overpowered I think), Exalted (Good, if you keep it in their time and world), Street Fighter (yes, that was actually a White Wolf Game. My brother sings its praises regularly, though it is also out of print I believe), Werewolf: the Apocalypse I think is just a little overrated, but some people think that about Vampire too, but then I play a Fomori.
Damned double posts.
Kuro no san
and Wraith became Orpheus

A huge overstatement. Orpheus is QUITE different from Wraith, and even has different themes, systems and character types. Think of it as a sequel of sorts... A sequel, in the sense that it's a game about Humans-who-can-interact-with-Ghosts-uncovering-the-awful-truth and not a game of Ghosts-who-once-were-human-and-strive-to-keep-their-passions-in-check.

Considering Orpheus was planned as a limited series of books, it was right out awesome... It was built pretty much like a single story, each book advancing the Metaplot and upping the stakes just enough to make the characters fear for their lives (Or lack of thereof). In a way, it is a game of Brooding, Creeping Mystery and Discovering the Truth.

Wraith is a beautiful game as well, but thematically different. Wraith is not about Mystery and Discoveries... It's about the Characters, trying to make something out of their afterlife... Trying to make ammends with their deaths, and most importantly, embracing their passions about life and fighting their darkest impulses.

Orpheus is an Investigative Thriller Horror
Wraith is Dramatic Personal Horror
serial_experiments
Kuro no san
and Wraith became Orpheus

A huge overstatement. Orpheus is QUITE different from Wraith, and even has different themes, systems and character types. Think of it as a sequel of sorts... A sequel, in the sense that it's a game about Humans-who-can-interact-with-Ghosts-uncovering-the-awful-truth and not a game of Ghosts-who-once-were-human-and-strive-to-keep-their-passions-in-check.

Considering Orpheus was planned as a limited series of books, it was right out awesome... It was built pretty much like a single story, each book advancing the Metaplot and upping the stakes just enough to make the characters fear for their lives (Or lack of thereof). In a way, it is a game of Brooding, Creeping Mystery and Discovering the Truth.

Wraith is a beautiful game as well, but thematically different. Wraith is not about Mystery and Discoveries... It's about the Characters, trying to make something out of their afterlife... Trying to make ammends with their deaths, and most importantly, embracing their passions about life and fighting their darkest impulses.

Orpheus is an Investigative Thriller Horror
Wraith is Dramatic Personal Horror

stare Perhaps I should have clarified, it seems that my overstatement, or perhaps an understatement was misinterpreted. That's a shame.
Wraith was discontinued, Orpheus came out to make up for the 'ghost' themed system.
Personally, I still love Wraith. Refuse to try Orpheus, so I have nothing positive or negative to say about it.
Kuro no san
stare Perhaps I should have clarified, it seems that my overstatement, or perhaps an understatement was misinterpreted. That's a shame.
Wraith was discontinued, Orpheus came out to make up for the 'ghost' themed system.
Personally, I still love Wraith. Refuse to try Orpheus, so I have nothing positive or negative to say about it.

I always recommend trying everything at least once; no one is forcing you to do so, though.

I still say both systems have their particular niche, and like them both for their own particular reasons (Which I've cleverly listed in my previous post, by the way razz ). What can I say? I love Ghost Stories.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff