Welcome to Gaia! ::

I believe that the rings are based off of those teachings. One of the ways to win a game is by becoming "enlightened", which means possesing all five rings: Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Void.

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
Go to Wizards Of The Coast to play the tutorial on how to play biggrin
[ Cleared. ]
Super Lech
Would that Five Rings thing be, by any chance, based off of the teachings of Miyamoto Musashi?

Anyway, MTG or YGO, are your best bets. YGO, like all TCGs (except Magic) will die out eventually, but it'll last MUCH longer then Pkmn, easily. The show, games, movies, are all centered around a game YOU can play, which makes it cool for little kids and makes it humorous for us older ones. MTG, on the other hand, is extremely large in the number of cards that exist, the combos are nearly endless, but, getting into it will be much harder for newcomers, they will need to invest heavily in a deck (if they even want a hope of beating the opposition).

For anything obscure, I suggest Anachronism, you can play with a deck of 9 cards, so I've heard. It's supposed to be simple.

No, the Legend of the Five Rings is not based on the teachings of Miyamoto Musashi(nice try). Tho' Musashi's book was titled "The Book of Five Rings", the five rings are acctualy a symbol from esoteric Buddhism. I imagine the Legend of the Five Rings takes from this in the same way Musashi did.
Humancyborg

I went through the Advance Game 3 times. cool But I'm still a bit confused about Instants and Sorcery. Guess I'll have to do it again.
There's quite a bit of info, however:

Duel Masters is a card game that uses a system somewhat like magic, but there are no land cards: EVERY card can be played as a land card (played face up and unpside down). The reason it was made was to have a completely balanced card game that didn't rely on card ratios. I.E. no muligans. Magic has Land and Pokemon has Energy. Yu-Gi-Oh is unbalanced a bit in that some cards are stronger than others yet cost the same to put out.

YGO is something for the younger generation (as is Pokemon), while Duel Masters and Magic are better and for older people. (I have never played DM myself, but I did get a demo.) YGO in my, and my friends, opinion(s) YGO is a dumbed down and simplified version of Maigc.

And YGO's traps are called "Counterspell" and "Mana Leak" and "Disenchant" in Magic. wink And it's even less obvious that you hold it, it isn't out on the feild in blatent view. Buhahaha!

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Spasmodic
Humancyborg

I went through the Advance Game 3 times. cool But I'm still a bit confused about Instants and Sorcery. Guess I'll have to do it again.
sorceries can only be played on your turn, on an empty stack (i.e. when no other spells have yet been played) an instnat can be played on anyone's turn, any time you have priority (upkeep, main phase, combat phase, post-combat mainphase and ending phase which i think has a different name) instants can be played on an empty stack, or in response to something being put on the stack, or resolving from it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff