Foolish Burial

-TRAPS-
-1-
Magical Explosion

-EXTRA-
-3-

Tempest Magician x3

--+P--

(Italicized cards not availabe in TCG yet; will be out in New Challengers. Wikia article on Fiendish Bamboo Sword.)

This is an attempt to bring the Royal Citadel OTK up to the modern era, utilizing the latest addition to the Bamboo Sword lineup's 3 key points:

1) EQUIP SPELL - Golden Bamboo Sword can be activated while it's on the field, doubling the number of cards it can work with.
2) BOUNCE EFFECT - Once per turn, it can return another Broken or Fiendish Bamboo Sword to the hand to activate again, giving me free Spell Counters.
3) GRAVEYARD EFFECT - I can pop it with MST, or ditch it with Dealings, and search out Golden or Broken Bamboo Sword, thinning the deck, getting Spell Counters, and adding draw power to my hand in one blow.

Beyond this new addition, however, the funcitonality is much the same as ever: Draw through as much of the deck as I can with RML, load the Citadel with Spell Counters, revive Plaguespreader, sync for Tempest Magician, and then fire 16+ Spell Counters for an instant kill, with Magical Explosion as a backup plan capable of dealing up to 6600 damage.

This deck's only weakness is that it has no contingency plans; if the OTK fails to go off, it's sunk.

Long-time Pumpkin

I'd build it as an Exodia draw engine!~ redface redface heart
That way you at least get to run One Day of Peace!~ 4laugh 4laugh heart
Or you could always side into Exodia!~ 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
I just dislike Burn OTKS!~ emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant
Maybe take off one MST for a Blasting the Ruins as a purely safety tech?!~ redface redface redface

Mythical Rare

I tried both Exodia and Burn variants of this deck, and the burn proved to be much more reliable. Blasting the Ruins seems like a less effective version of Magical Explosion to me, and running more than 1 Trap seems counter-intuitive.

On a side note, I did 10 test runs of this earlier vs YGOPro's AI.
01 - Went 1st, Tempest dealt 7500 turn 1, set MagEx did 3000 on their draw.
02 - 2nd, Tempest for 11,500 turn 2.
03 - 1st, opened no monsters, rallied turn 3 to deal 12,000 with Tempest.
04 - 2nd, eked out 8000 with Tempest turn 2.
05 - 1st, Drew crap, dealt 1500 with Tempest, 3000 with MagEx, and got Dark Hole'd.
06 - 2nd, RML got Effect Veiler'd.
07 - 2nd, and after my draw my hand was ALL SIX MONSTERS IN THE DECK!?!
08 - 2nd, Citadel got MST'd on activation, engine sputtered.
09 - 1st, Tempest blasted for 12,000.
10 - 1st. No damage turn 1, Dark Hole'd turn 2, started to turn it around on turn 3 but Tempest got BTH'd. Would be so nice if her stats were reversed...

(Bold = Won. Normal = Lost but draw engine worked. Italicized = Lost and draw engine died out.)

Engine efficiency - Roughly 70%
Win ratio - Roughly 50%

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I'm wondering if these bamboo cards would be good in an Exodia deck......Hmmmm. Thats something to ponder on. ninja

Mythical Rare

I tried an Exodia variant of this using them; this was significantly more consistent.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Willexia Rennar
I tried an Exodia variant of this using them; this was significantly more consistent.

Because you don't have to focus on loading up counters and having to synchro for the condition.

After all Will, drawing into five cards is a lot easier in our opinion than setting up an almost convoluted combo.

Hell.

We'd rather build a Ghost Trick Spoiled Angel FTK deck than a burn one.

Mythical Rare

Considering it's a 3-card combo, 2 of which are key to this kind of draw engine anyway and one of which slips in rather harmlessly, I'm not seeing what's so "convoluted" about it. The only real difference is that, rather than trying to get 5 specific cards into my hand, I'm trying to get 1 specific card into my Graveyard.

Exodia variant - Use RML and Citadels for massive draw power to draw into 5 specific cards. Last Citadel gets loaded on Spell Counters that never get used.

Tempest variant: Use RML and Citadels for massive draw power to get 1 specific card into the Graveyard. Last Citadel gets loaded on Spell Counters that get converted into damage.

In other news, given this deck's potential ability to flood Lv 4 monsters onto the field, and need for 1 specific card to be in the Graveyard....why the hell am I not running Lavalval Chain in the Extra Deck?! *facedesk*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff