Welcome to Gaia! ::

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sycamorte drops have been nerfed once again, they're dropping 1b now.
And they also have more dud drops like Charge Orbs. Not to mention they're stronger now.

I can feel my motivation to play go out the window. ; n ;

Let me elaborate.
Farming gold isn't the only reason why I play, I love the game in general, and will continue to play.
But I feel this integrity may not carry over to a large chunk of other players, to be honest.
I'm not saying that to be offensive, but this nerf could really hurt the game's popularity.

Some of the issues have been addressed here.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

It's really disappointing but with people exploiting the game it had to happen. People were making 100+b an hour. It's brought out some crazy inflation.

Hopefully they bring out the features that make it less of a grind soon because I feel a lot of players motivation will be dropping off.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Doc Arkham

I understand what you're saying, but that sounds like we are being punished for playing the game.

Know what I mean?

ChaosTrooper
Doc Arkham

I understand what you're saying, but that sounds like we are being punished for playing the game.

Know what I mean?

It would happen because of the actions of a few. It's sad but it does happen. If people just exercised a little bit more restraint, these things could raise so many red flags. Some people just plain over do things for whatever reason that strikes their fancy and the rest are collateral damage. It was a matter of time especially when this thread came out. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lake-kindred/when-users-say-they-are-making-200-bil-hour-farming-sycas/t.98457119/
People also brought it to the AtS. I think the staff HAD to do something.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Janine Melnitz

Yeah some players got too greedy.

I mean I'm capable of gaining that much in that amount of time. But I don't.
I take my time to enjoy the game as well.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

ChaosTrooper

It feels like we are all being punished for the actions of a few but they could adjust the seed drops to include the rarer kins more frequently. I'd grind seeds for a chance at Neptune but the stats show you can open thousands of seeds with virtually zero chance.

I think the increased difficulty feels like more of a punishment. I'm using more potions for less reward to the point is it a reward at all or breaking even.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
So the drops are nerfed now? Great. I won't be playing until they up the ally potion drops then, because fighting Sycamortes was my main source of income so I didn't have to deal with the ******** grind of leveling.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Seriously? Thanks for screwing up the only way I've actually been able to keep up with the current inflated prices, people.

I haven't even played in around a week and this happens. How much harder are Sycamortes to fight now? I have a hard enough time getting the mega heals I need already, is it even worth it anymore?

Considering the splicing level raise along with the lack of ally potions, and now this, Gaia is really killing the appeal of this game.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Doc Arkham
It's brought out some crazy inflation.
It actually didn't.
Look at the MP revenue over the last year:

User Image

The Lake Kindred drops actually made it possible for lots of users to actively work for nice items and get them in a reasonable time.
We never had a fairer way to buy cash shop items with gold. Anyone could do it with the right amount of patience.
Some big ticket items (like the oh so elusive Angelic Halo) have halved in price over the last year while recent LQI have stayed roughly the same at between 90 and 150b right after their release.

Perfect Saint

Ven Loki
Doc Arkham
It actually didn't.

User Image

The Lake Kindred drops actually made it possible for lots of users to actively work for nice items and get them in a reasonable time.
We never had a fairer way to buy cash shop items with gold. Anyone could do it with the right amount of patience.
Some big ticket items (like the oh so elusive Angelic Halo) have halved in price over the last year while recent LQI have stayed roughly the same at between 90 and 150b right after their release.
idk. I think months ago, the LQIs were already in the high 70s. Now I definitely see fresh off the shelf ones more in the upper ranges of 150B more typically. Maybe there is another reason though? Less people buying because of less discounts (me)? Less supplies vs greater demand means people can price the items higher. I definitely would require Lake Kindred to match the prices on a daily basis. It seems it's a bit too late for me to think about it now.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Myrielle
Ven Loki
Doc Arkham
It actually didn't.

User Image

idk. I think months ago, the LQIs were already in the high 70s. Now I definitely see fresh off the shelf ones more in the upper ranges of 150B more typically. Maybe there is another reason though? Less people buying because of less discounts (me)? Less supplies vs greater demand means people can price the items higher. I definitely would require Lake Kindred to match the prices on a daily basis. It seems it's a bit too late for me to think about it now.
I remember all the Pokemon items being waaaay above 100bil when they first came out.
And the newer LQIs that are 150bil today will still slowly drop in price as the novelty wears off and recolours are released. Few of them actually stay at that price. Some of the formely super expensive LQIs in my inventory are down to 20 or 30b now.

I think it generally depends on how popular the item is at first and how popular it actually stays.

Perfect Saint

Ven Loki
Myrielle
Ven Loki
Doc Arkham
It actually didn't.

User Image

I remember all the Pokemon items being waaaay above 100bil when they first came out.
And the newer LQIs that are 150bil today will still slowly drop in price as the novelty wears off and recolours are released. Few of them actually stay at that price. Some of the formely super expensive LQIs in my inventory are down to 20 or 30b now.

I think it generally depends on how popular the item is at first and how popular it actually stays.
Due to the massive popularity of the Pokémon-themed items, I factored them out as outliers. I'm thinking of the general trend of the items now. 150B first offs were clearly uncommon for typical items. I think the amount of gold people have does have some effect. In any case, I'll still watch the market a few weeks after the Second Great Nerfing of LK and see if things change.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Csilla Silvana
Seriously? Thanks for screwing up the only way I've actually been able to keep up with the current inflated prices, people.

I haven't even played in around a week and this happens. How much harder are Sycamortes to fight now? I have a hard enough time getting the mega heals I need already, is it even worth it anymore?

Considering the splicing level raise along with the lack of ally potions, and now this, Gaia is really killing the appeal of this game.

Currently, I've heard that stage 5 sycamortes can do up to like 800 damage and one-shot some of the weaker treekillers like Pumperilla.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Myrielle
Ven Loki
Myrielle
Ven Loki
Doc Arkham
It actually didn't.

User Image

Due to the massive popularity of the Pokémon-themed items, I factored them out as outliers. I'm thinking of the general trend of the items now. 150B first offs were clearly uncommon for typical items. I think the amount of gold people have does have some effect. In any case, I'll still watch the market a few weeks after the Second Great Nerfing of LK and see if things change.
Lots of the older non-Pokémon LQIs (from summer/early autumn) are also way below 100bil though. (: I don't have that many on my list right now so I can't check quickly, but it seems they range from 60 to 120b.

And the MP graph shows that the total revenue has dropped a lot since the first quarter of the year.
I am not sure when the Sycamortes were first introduced exactly (summer holidays?) but I haven't felt any unusual inflation since then.

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
As I stated in another thread:

"Bleh. >.< I mean, yes, it's still possible to make gold off the game, but, seriously? This is the second time they've nerfed the rewards and made them harder. What's to say they won't again? Are they honestly that foolish to not know those trees are the reason people play, primarily? Nerfing the trees will have a direct impact on their sale of Kindred items, thus, impacting their revenue as a whole and the result is, Kindred going the way of zOMG. They can't nerf the only reason to play and not give us any other incentive to play. emotion_facepalm classified_fu "

And the price of LQI's on the market is directly impacted by their popularity. There's is no correlation between LK and CS item prices in the MP. LK has, in fact, allowed ANYONE to obtain gold to get items they never could have had the chance to have before. I see the recent nerf is a direct result of people exploiting the gameplay; not simply grinding. From reading over posts, it seems that most had no clue what was going on. Only a select few had figured out an exploit or whatever it was. THOSE people should be punished, not all of us. Ban THEM. Take THEIR gold. Don't punish us. FIX the exploit or whatever it was they were doing. Don't punish US.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff