Welcome to Gaia! ::

anyone know of a Japanese RPG where you can play as a female?
looking for something more like Final fantasy or that type of game

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

There's always the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy emotion_awesome
Anime sucks
There's Septerra Core, though, it's a little on the old side.
Wild ARMS 3.

Lily-livered Lunatic

The Valkyrie Profile series has female lead characters.
The Xenosaga series does as well.

Excitable Bibliophile

8,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Suikoden III has three main routes and one of them is a lady knight. It's a great game and her route is definitely my favorite.

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Legend of Legacy just came out, and a few of its starter paths have female leaders.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Uhm, don't all games like Final Fantasy and Tales of have female characters in your party to play with? Why does it have to be specifically female characters? Male characters can be really relate-able to females too if they're made well you know... But to answer your question, there's Drakengard 3 (although I don't think you're gonna appreciate the jokes in that game if gender alone is already an issue for you), Tales of Xillia (you can choose to do Milla's path but you'll end up switching through characters like in most JRPG's anyway), Tales of World; Radiant Mythology (you create your character), Kingdom Hearts; Birth by Sleep (though you'll miss a lot if you only play Aqua's route), Ys Origin (Yunica's route), and Pokémon games (you pick male or female trainer)... cat_neutral

Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

There's always the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy emotion_awesome

I've bin playing through the 1st FFXIII game for the past 10 days or so (haven't finished it yet), and I'm kinda really enjoying this game... So far it's bin one heck of an emotional sci-fi roller coaster and I'm actually enjoying the battle system... But seeing how everyone else thinks about the game, there must be something wrong with me... cat_sweatdrop
YunaSama
Uhm, don't all games like Final Fantasy and Tales of have female characters in your party to play with? Why does it have to be specifically female characters? Male characters can be really relate-able to females too if they're made well you know...

Variety, maybe? It's been awhile since I last touched a modern JRPG, so, I might be out of the loop a bit, but, it seems to me that male leads in JRPGs usually fall into either the Brooding Loner (Squall) or the Intellectually Disabled categories (Ethan Waber).

There are exceptions, but, for every well written and original character, there are a dozen Lloyd Irvings running around.
YunaSama
I've bin playing through the 1st FFXIII game for the past 10 days or so (haven't finished it yet), and I'm kinda really enjoying this game... So far it's bin one heck of an emotional sci-fi roller coaster and I'm actually enjoying the battle system... But seeing how everyone else thinks about the game, there must be something wrong with me... cat_sweatdrop

I think if you're the type of person who can put aside his or her assumptions about what a Final Fantasy game should be, and are the type of person who likes anime inspired stories, it's not too weird to enjoy it.
YunaSama

There are dozens of us!
Nah, just kidding. Through the game has a lot of haters, there are a lot of people who love it. Same goes for every FF game past 7, really. Once 15 comes out we'll probably see a lot of people hating on that game, too, and the people who were vocal about hating 13 will die down. Rinse and repeat until the FF franchise dies.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Esseker Blue
anyone know of a Japanese RPG where you can play as a female?

The upcoming game Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Not only are the first two main party members you get both females, you can also choose to have a female avatar you design yourself from a nice variety of presets.[you can even add different colored tips to your hair and various tattoos/scars]

Oh, and you get to pilot giant flying mechs that can transform into fast tank-like land vehicles.
Dragon Quest 3
Dragon Quest 4
Dragon Quest 9
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure

YunaSama
most people who hate on it either never played it or never played beyond the first hour or so.
most "reasons" for "why FF13 is bad" can be found in numerous other FF titles yet they get a free pass apparently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff