Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
It was first Skyrim that really made me spoiled with the character customization and then Dragon Age with it's damn story and character subplots and in depth development where I thought these people were real just blew me out of the water...
I can't go back to normal gaming anymore. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: It's a joke. Figure of speech. Do you honestly think I cut out all other games? Some of you guys take these damn forums way too seriously.

Dedicated Loiterer

tbh I was never particularly impressed by Skyrim beyond how big the map was but DA was pretty good, the writing in Origins and 2 was so good and 2 in particular had really well written characters.
To be fair though I find most fantasy games to be really ******** boring.

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Ruff Rabbit
tbh I was never particularly impressed by Skyrim beyond how big the map was but DA was pretty good, the writing in Origins and 2 was so good and 2 in particular had really well written characters.
I enjoyed Skyrim because it was a pretty good sandbox game, gave me pretty good customization, and I enjoyed killing things of all kinds. The main quest was super short, but that is common with these types of games. I just like effing around in games tbh.
Dragon Age was the first game I ever played that incorporated so many elements and actually made it work. Plus it was dark and even really effed up in some parts when you play the DLCs.

Dedicated Loiterer

Sithis the Dread Lord
Ruff Rabbit
I enjoyed Skyrim because it was a pretty good sandbox game, gave me pretty good customization, and I enjoyed killing things of all kinds. The main quest was super short, but that is common with these types of games. I just like effing around in games tbh.
Dragon Age was the first game I ever played that incorporated so many elements and actually made it work. Plus it was dark and even really effed up in some parts when you play the DLCs.

I played Oblivion first so playing Skyrim was just "well magic is useless. well swords are useless. well speech is useless. weLL"
Yeah, DA has really extensive worldbuilding and lore, which you don't too much in games.

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Misery Meister
You're grossly exaggerating the quality of the writing. If you want a good story then you'll want to play Shadowrun. Any of them will do except Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown but that's because it was a different developer and they tried to turn it into a pseudo-MMO and failed miserably in every aspect.
Yeah it isn't even all about the writing even though I find the characters and background info one of the most highly developed in games like this with lots of roaming and customization. The romance, which is hard to do in games, did not ruin the story can it all can be skipped ooooor be almost as customized as your character. I for one actually enjoy the gameplay while everyone seemed to hate it. I like console games with gamepads, but I also like hotkeys and having a party I can customize. The graphics are pretty good too in every one but Inquisition because Inquisition was just the best in terms of graphics. I admit there is a lot of running back and forth it seems, but that really doesn't bug me like it seems to do other people. I thought about playing Shadowrun, but right now, I want a good story with killing and dominating on the side so I am starting the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Ruff Rabbit
Sithis the Dread Lord
Ruff Rabbit

I played Oblivion first so playing Skyrim was just "well magic is useless. well swords are useless. well speech is useless. weLL"
Yeah, DA has really extensive worldbuilding and lore, which you don't too much in games.
For some reason and don't ask me why because I don't know it, I have not played Oblivion. I have looked at reviews and liked what I saw, but I have not played it. At all. Maybe. MAYBE I can't go backwards in a series even if the stories are not that connected. Idk but it is on my list of games to play.

Dedicated Loiterer

Sithis the Dread Lord
Ruff Rabbit
Sithis the Dread Lord
Ruff Rabbit

For some reason and don't ask me why because I don't know it, I have not played Oblivion. I have looked at reviews and liked what I saw, but I have not played it. At all. Maybe. MAYBE I can't go backwards in a series even if the stories are not that connected. Idk but it is on my list of games to play.

I'd def recommend it for the stupidly bad and out of date character creator alone. The game itself is mostly not even entirely broken except for when the world just decides it's not going to load a chunk you need to go to.

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Ruff Rabbit
I remember thinking that when I watched the reviews. I would look at the world and there would be parts that just did not load right and I always thought of my character falling through. That actually happened to my boyfriend where it did not load right and he went through and kept falling so he had to reload the game XD
Dragon Age has pretty terrible replayability.
theres just something about it that makes each new playthrough significantly less fun than the previous.
a dozen characters and 1400+ hours later i can still enjoy a good 150+ hour playthrough of Oblivion or Skyrim.

i wish Dragons Dogma allowed for multiple save files.
id love to play it again from the beginning, but like hell am i gonna delete my character when it took way too much effort to get those unique Ur-Dragon loot.

Savage Goat

22,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Zered Heizien
Dragon Age has pretty terrible replayability.
theres just something about it that makes each new playthrough significantly less fun than the previous.
a dozen characters and 1400+ hours later i can still enjoy a good 150+ hour playthrough of Oblivion or Skyrim.

i wish Dragons Dogma allowed for multiple save files.
id love to play it again from the beginning, but like hell am i gonna delete my character when it took way too much effort to get those unique Ur-Dragon loot.
I relate the replay value with how much you like the story and combat. I love the story so I can replay it over and over and the combat is different so ok. The story also has a bigger role in the whole game so it requires a larger investment of yourself I would say and the class system is strict because again it plays into the story and therefore less freedom. The Elder Scrolls does not have such a story like DA so it can be picked up at any time, but they did focus on the combat aspect where it is more fun to kill in those games like with the close up kills. Honestly, my favorite part of all of Skyrim is being decked out in Deadric armor and hoping on an elder dragon and stabbing it through the skull. All the story of Skyrim gives you is "I am a god here" feeling. DA makes your character more real. If somehow the two could merge with Skyrim's combat and DA's story, I think it would dominate the game market. I doubt it would be possible though because when I started making a game myself, I noticed the more freedom I gave the player, the less relative the story became.

Dragon's Dogma along with every other game has to wait....Gonna sink my claws into Mass Effect.
>normal gaming

Watch out we got a hardcore player here
Sithis the Dread Lord
I can't go back to normal gaming anymore. Anyone else having this problem?

Eh, if you enjoyed it, then good for you.

I just thought Inquisition was Oblivion with green portals, annoying characters, terrible gameplay, and loading times that last for way too damn long.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff