Submerged Nymph

☽

☾

Sparkly Hunter

tsun princess
picklesthenymph

YEEESSSSSSSSHHHH.
That game is the best. So happy to meet another fan. =D
The first one I played was DW3 and my favorite installment is 6(Jap)/7(US). What about you? Also going to throw in the general ques.: Fave char? Faction? Stage? Whatever else you want to mention/talk about... emotion_kirakira

Though I'll probably get with you tomorrow, since I'm going to bed soon.

oh my gosh, i NEVER see anyone who likes this game, so this is a bright feeling!
the first i played was 4, been in love with my favorite character since then as well! i think i'd have to say 7 is my fave as well, but 8 is pretty great. and warriors orochi 3 is AMAZING!

i have a lot of characters that i enjoy, but my long time favorite is and will always be lu xun! when i played it yeaaaars ago, i picked him for fun because i knew nothing about the game. and we all sang "dude looks like a lady" to him. but i adore him. (and shamelessly ship him with zhang he for whatever reason. rps change you, man.)

my favorite group is wu! not just because lu xun, but i absolutely love them!

i'm not sure i ever had a favorite stage... if we had to pick one for leveling up though, i'd say that stage where one of the requirements is to kill 1,000 enemies. x-D or the stage in any of the games where you finally see lu meng and unlock lu xun. *_* (sad that it's always so LATE into the game!!)

do you have any ships? any favorite dynasty warriors character art?
do you have any beef towards the pronunciation changes between each game (if you play in english, that is)? any fun rps? i've never done a serious war rp but all the rps i've done were such fun, oh my god.

sleep tight!! sorry for such a long message, i have not talked about dw in sooo long!

The feeling of meeting a kindred spirit is quite overwhelming, indeed. @.@
I kind of just feel like gushing out stars and sparkles. XP
In short, prepare for a long post.

DW7 has the series' best storytelling, which is probably why I love it so…the outfit designs are a bit bleh though. Like everyone in Wu look like they wanna go clubbing or something, ya know? :/
Though I didn't get to play it I'll say DW5 has my favorite designs. Not gonna lie but the outfits are like one of the major highlights in the game for me. I remember unlocking outfits in DW4 was like one of the best things ever--clothes are awesome in game rewards. Sucks so much now you have to buy outfits…like they're suppose to be free, man. So no more costume changes for me. As for DW8, in general, I like it but it just so bland in comparison to DW7. Too kiddy, friendly, 'happy', I guess? I mean it had deaths, but the deaths lacked any oomph to them; my heart did not move for anyone.

Most of the characters are lovable though! All-time favorite is Xiahou Dun. ALWAYS LOVED HIM even when I was a little brat first playing with my brother…He's not the brightest in the bunch, but he's fiercely loyal and just plain badass. There's also that first character sentimentality, and the fact that Kazuya Nakai voices him. (This is really funny considering he voices Masamune in Sengoku Basara). His English voice suits him too. Honestly, this is one of the few games where I can actually stand the English voice acting for most of the cast, and like playing in both languages. Or at least did until Zhang Liao's voice died in DW8 Xtreme Legends.

Also, really loving Jia Xu. His character is perfect for me—in both personality and design—which is why he managed to tie with Dun for my #1. I surprised myself with that. Really, I did. XD To be honest, I prefer him in DW7 than in DW8, if you compare his recruitment cutscenes, it's fairly obvious. Though gotta love his bromance with Guo Jia. S'awesome sauce that. Can't help loving it—just can't. So, moving on to favorite ships…

Random: For a character not in Wei, I like the cute and happy Ma Dai. I think he's one of the few characters I prefer the English voice actor.

Guo Jia/Jia Xu…I'm so unhealthily obsessed with this for no real reason. Liu Shan/Xingcai…I like the dynamic: it's cute. But your Zhang He/Lu Xun makes me giggle. I can see Zhang He's eccentricity totally just attacking Lu Xun's personal bubble. Damn, those RPs must be something though, if that's your DW OTP. Cause if you never mentioned it I would have never put those two together. But I've never participated in a RP for DW or RPs in general. Too shy emotion_facepalm . I was in a magical school one once…it was fun playing as Draco in Leather pants but personal drama got out of hand in the guild and I left.

Gonna ask: Do you prefer Xun hat or sans hat? At first I didn't care for it, but now I miss it terribly. Same goes for Sun Quan's and Liu Bei's facial hair, even though I don't care about these two as characters too much.

As for fanart: Pixiv. Is. My. Home. emotion_kirakira
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name pronunciations are tricky. The Japanese just convert the names so they flow nicely with the dialogue: you don't hear any jarring disconnect. As for the English, I'm not bothered by the pronunciations personally: my ears aren't finely attuned to Chinese's tonal sounds. I would understand complaints that someone honestly fluent in the language would have though. (Personal note: I'm Viet and we have a tonal language too. Sometimes when my friends try to say the name of our local Vietnamese-owned SuperMarket…well it hurts my ears.) How do you feel about them? Also, introduce me to some good RPs? gaia_kittenstar
OOOOOOOoooo have you listened to the character image songs yet? Current obsession right now.

Sorry for the late message. I'm too chatty.

Sparkly Hunter

Pianochiick
picklesthenymph

Could you please help out in my Firestarter Thread

Thank you
Helped and boosted

Girl-Crazy Fairy

31,225 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Kin Wrangler 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Downvoted! yum_puddi