Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image
Last Spring ten brave pioneers grabbed only what they could carry in a single covered wagon,left their old lives behind for whatever reason and made their way to parts unknown. Eventually they came across the perfect spot of land. It was right next to a beautiful river and a lush forest. They dubbed the area New Eden.

Little did they know that others occupied the forest,a gang of outlaws led by the a vicious vampire simply know by his nickname, Robber Blood. They seemed to make it their own personal vendetta to cause trouble for New Eden and its citizens. On top of that there is a large population of wild monsters in and around New Eden. However, none of this deterred the brave pioneers. They've lasted an entire season despite all the trouble, their town is still small, but it's starting to thrive.

Their town's reputation even crossed borders and four new pioneers arrived Spring 30. What will these new settlers bring to New Eden? Will they be as strong as the earlier group? As Winter looms just two seasons away, what stories will unfold?

Intro
Story> You are here
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image
This rp will be casual literate. This means double check your post before posting, but I won't be too harsh if you miss a 'there' form etc. Also I do not care how much you write per post as long as the other players have something to work with. That said, please keep one-liners to a minimum.

As stated in Gaia TOS, this is a PG-13 site,so everything is this rp is PG-13, including relationships and violence.

My favorite part about writing is characters, so please make yours enjoyable and interesting to work with. This means try and avoid Mary/Gary Stu and don't control anyone else's character or try and read another person's character's mind, even if you've read their profile. Furthermore, try and vary the races and genders you wish to play, just so the cast is relatively even.

As far as coding goes, I'm not that good at it,so I won't expect super gorgeous posts, but do make your posts distinct from everyone else's. You don't even have to use an image if you don't want to, I love descriptions! However, if you do use an image please credit the artist to the best of your ability and stick to anime/drawn pics.

I would like commitment if you join. I know we all have lives, so at least one post per week is fine, but if your going to be gone for awhile or lose interest in the rp let everyone else know so we can write your character(s) out of the story and move forwards.

◉Above all Have fun!

Intro
Story
Rules>You are here
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

Vampires- These of course would be the Friendly Neighborhood vampire types, unless you're wish to be a villain and then you can be an evil vampire. They would of course drink blood, but for story reasons the first group of settlers have an excellent blood substitute that good vampires drink instead of other being's blood. If you wish to be a vampire you'll have pale skin and be allergic to the sun(although you may come out in the day if it's cloudy), not have a reflection and must be invited in before they can enter somewhere and most don't like the taste of garlic, but it won't kill you or anything.

Weres- This race is inspired by the half-monster beings that pop up in many Rune Factory games. You're basically born being able to transform into a certain animal and you have complete control over the shape-shifting, although many sick weres default to their animal forms.

Elves- Like in the games Elvin beings are basically humans with pointy ears and more of affinity for magic instead of weapons. Many also have musical talent, although you don't have to if you don't want to.

Mers- Mermaids and mermen are sort of a mix between weres and elves; they can shapshift between mer and human, are musically talented and magic inclined. They also make excellent swimmers and fishermen, but this is an optional skill if you don't want your character to have any interest in that sort of thing.

Humans- This really doesn't need much explanation, but for the sake of this rp's universe humans have no natural magical ability and are usually better with non-magical weapons like guns than magic. However, if a human wishes to learn magic they can study it and become a witch or wizard through an elf or merperson's teaching.

Other-There are 4 slots available for players who don't like any of the above races, but keep in mind 4 is the total for all possible characters in the rp (I intend to have 18 slots total) and these slots are first come first serve.

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races>You are Here
Character Slots
Apps
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

There are no job titles here, because I want to give the players the power to choose what job they want since this is a rather small rp, at least by Rune Factory's usual standards. Please pay attention to the reserves and the NPCs, so we don't have a million nurses etc.

Original Settlers
User Image
Rosalie Fang> Nurse/Librarian>Werebat>Female
User Image
Susan "Suzie" Brown> Sheriff >Human>Female

User Image
Mae Elizabeth Donahue > Rancher > Vampire > Female
User Image
Raighan Chary> Mercenary / Self proclaimed adventurer >Human>Male

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Charles "Chip" Monty III > General goods sales clerk/ Wannabe adventurer>Wererat>Male

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Newcomers
User Image
Basil Wideoak > Poet>Elf>Male
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Outlaws
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots>You Are Here
Apps
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

To reserve a place please send me a pm titled "New Eden" if you want to be one of the original 10 settlers, "Welcome to the Frontier" if you're a new comer and "stick em' up " if you wish to play one of the outlaws.

So far we have:

Weres: 2

Humans: 2

Vampires: 1

Mers: 0

Elves: 1

Other: 0/4

Men: 3

Women: 3

Reserve code
[img] 130x125 icon here [/img]
[color=color of your choice][size=9]Character's name [b]>[/b] Occupation you wish to have[b]>[/b]Race[b]>[/b]Gender[/color][/size]

Please put this profile in your own private thread and link it back to me either through a pm or the OOC thread.

Post One

[size=25][color=1]►►►►►►►Let me Introduce Myself[/color][/size]

[align=center]
[img]300x300 image+frame of your choice [/img][/align]

[align=center][color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Full name[/color]
[color=1✩[/color][color=2]Gender[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Race[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Age[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Height and Weight[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Occupation[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Birthdate(Based on the Rune Factory calender)[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Sexuality [/color]
[color=1]✩[/color][color=2]Distinct features (tattoo, birthmark setc) [/color][/align]

Post Two
[size=25][color=1]►►►►►►►You have questions do you? [/color][/size]
[imgleft]250x365 Image[/imgleft]

[size=16][color=1]✩[/color] [b]My Favorite Gifts are[/b]: [color=2] Likes, at least 5 [/color]

[color=color 1]✩[/color][b]Please Don't give me These[/b] [color=2]Dislikes, at least 3[/color]

[color=1]✩[/color][b]My Favorite spot for a date *Blush*[/b][color=2]Self-explanatory, but this could also hint a proposal method your character would like if you get that far in the rp. [/color]

[color=1]✩[/color][b] Above all I fear [/b][color=2] Greatest Fear(s) 1-3 [/color]

Post 3
[size=25][color=1]►►►►►►►Let me describe myself [/color][/size]

[imgright]250x365 Image[/imgright]

[color=1]✩[/color] [color=2]Trait one[/color]- Details

[color=1]✩[/color] [color=2]Trait Two[/color]- Details

[color=1]✩[/color] [color=2]Trait Three[/color]- Details

[color=1]✩[/color] [color=2]Trait Four[/color]- Details

[color=1]✩[/color] [color=2]Trait Five[/color]- Details

[size=25][color=1]►►►►►►►Here's why I am how I am [/color][/size]

[size=10] At least a paragraph here on your character's past.

Post 4
[size=25][color=1]►►►►►►►Extras [/color][/size]

[color=1]✩[/color] Theme(s)-[color=2] Optional [/color]
[color=1]✩ [/color]Pet(s)- [color=2]Also optional and they can be monsters or regular animals [/color]
[color=1]✩[/color]Faceclaim- [color=2]Credit your faceclaim to the best of your ability, eshuu, zerochan and safebooru usually list all kinds of information and have the best quality images, in my opinion.[/color]
[color=1]✩[/color]Username-[color=2]Obvious[/color]

[align=center][img]400x250[/img][/align]

Post Five- This post is for your journal. As usual you record relationships and such here. Because it is so personal for the character you may format this section however you wish.

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps>You are Here
NPCs
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

Because I want this rp to stay smallish, not every possible job can possibly be filled in 14 slots(outlaws don't count as New Eden occupations), any necessary jobs that are missing will need to be filled with NPCs. Players who leave the rp will also be put here, so their niche can still be filled and the rp can continue despite their absence.

User ImageNathanial Dawson- Mr. Dawson is the 51-year-old, human mayor of New Eden. He didn't exactly choose to be mayor, it was kind of thrust upon because he and his wife had been on a few other covered-wagon ventures and thus they had the most experience, at least of those who admitted they had experience. You can always be sure he'll tell you exactly what festivals are going on or who has a birthday that day. His is Spring 20.

User ImageMatilda Dawson- Mrs. Dawson is Nathanial's lovely, elven wife. She appears to be somewhere in her Mid-forties, but She's dropped more than a few hints that she's much older than that, but she'll never tell you her actual age and it's best not to ask her, she'll put an annoying curse on you. Like Nathanial she knows all the festivals and everyone's birthday, but what you really want from her are monster contracts. She has an office attached to her and Nathanial's home and in it she holds wanted posters of monsters causing trouble around New Eden. If you ever find yourself bored, or simply in need of a monster companion, simply go to her, she'll give you a contract and with luck you can tame whatever monster you defeat or just send it back to The Forest of Beginnings, your choice. Her birth date is Spring 5.

User ImageRobber Blood- Robber Blood is the notorious leader of the local outlaw gang. He's a vampire, age unknown,but not the friendly kind like the vampiric residents of New Eden. He loves the blood of his fellow beings, elven blood being his personal favorite. He's horribly sadistic and not opposed to killing those that stand in his way. He's also gifted with dark magic, but due to the clause that vampires must be invited somewhere, especially buildings, he has no choice, but to let his grunts do most of the dirty work. Lastly, never wander around outside New Eden late a night you might just find yourself in Robber Blood's clutches for he's known for his midnight walks.

User ImageMarie Donahue Bloodbane, as she calls herself, is Mae's half-sister and also part vampire. She fell in love with Robber Blood and joined his gang right when the two sisters arrived in New Eden. Marie is not above lying to get what she wants, or what Blood wants. She's even faked being kidnapped so the Cattle Hustlers can ransom her out to her sister for cattle and other things, such as cover from the law.

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPCs>You Are Here
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

While the residents of New Eden do have regular farm animals, products from monster can be sold for a higher price, if you can tame one. Cautionary note: I'm going to be taking a few liberties with what each monster produces,but the main products they produce will be included.

Woolies/Shmoolies:
These are basically the same bipedal sheep monster, but Shmoolies are a lot more aggressive and take a little more effort to tame. Both monsters produce wool, but Shoomlies make good guard dogs for the rest of your livestock as well.

Buffamoo/Buffaloo
:
These are the cows of the monster world. Buffamoos are the females of the species and look basically like dairy cows with a more square head and fangs. She produces really rich milk that has a taste similar to buttermilk. The Buffaloos are the males and look like a larger, green version of the female. They produce leather for clothes and horns for crafty residents of New Eden.

Chipsqueek/Furpy
These are troublesome rodents that eat crops and generally make pests of themselves. Chipsqueeks are red chipmunk-like creatures and Furpies are yellow ones and a little less common. Both produce valuable fur that can be woven into yarn or simply sold raw.

Shadow Panthers
These creatures only come out at night, but are a common sight if you happen to enjoy evening walks. They are bipedal creatures that look like a cross between a black cat and a gargoyle. Wild one's sometimes sneak into henhouses at night and eat chickens, but when tamed they are the best livestock guard you could possibly hope for, as long as you provide plenty of fresh meat or cat food for them.They'll also need a den of sorts to go inside during the points in the day when the sun is highest, but even resting they are always alert. They also shed their claws weekly which can be sold for a high price. There is a red version of these creatures, but they are only found deep in volcanoes, so it is unlikely any settlers will run into them.

Cluckadoodles
These are the chickens of the monster world and basically look like normal roosters, only stronger. They also produce richer eggs than regular chickens and are made of leaner meat. Wild ones can be a problem for crops,but they are defeated and tamed quite easily. It is also believed that in the wild they live together in large nest led by giant Cluckadoodles nicknamed Mamadoodles which can be tamed as well, but it takes a lot of work.

Hornet
These are quite aggressive and quite poisonous monsters, so tread carefully if you wish to tame to these creatures, especially the Queen and King varieties. If you manage to tame one they produce honey. Their venom can be used to produce antidotes and other medicines.

Tortas

Turtle-like aquatic monsters that are really only useful after they are sent back to The Forest of Beginnings as they leave behind their shell which can be changed into armor, weapons or simply sold for a high price. They have a bigger cousin called the Fortoise who offers the same thing, but is significantly rarer.

Duck/Emperor Penguin
A Duck is a round, flightless bird with black and yellow feathers. They also produce eggs, but not near as often as Cluckadoodles. They do shed their feathers often though and they can be woven into clothing or sold for a hefty sum. Emperor Penguins are the same, but blue& white and are only available during winter. Their feathers are thicker than a Duck's and make great blanket lining.

Fey
This are tiny winged humanoids the size of Harvest Sprites and generally serve the same purpose .They bless human crops and come in a variety of colors and elemental abilities. Taming any of them takes patience and they should be treated as partners not pets. If you befriend one they'll produce fairy dust every other day that can be used in item crafting or simply to sell raw.

Goblins
A tribe of them live in the forest and they have about the same level of intelligence as fey, only they use weapons instead of magic and are far more aggressive. Befriending them is possible, but they are never 100% tamed and more than a few have turned on their human companions. When they return to the Forest of Beginnings they always leave behind a piece of the weapons they were using.

Ghosts
These beasts look like mini grim reapers and are exclusively nocturnal. They are hard to tame , but if you befriend them you have have a friend for life who loves battling alongside their companion . When defeated they leave behind either their hood or crystallized dark magic. Both can be used in crafting weapons.

Palm Cat

These creatures are infamous chicken thieves and tamable, but unlike panthers they never lose the habit,so having one on a farm isn't the best idea. When defeated they leave behind either shed claws or fur. Both of which can be used in crafting or sold raw.

Wolves
These are sleek, vicious pack animals that mostly stick to themselves and the game they find in the forests they live in,but hungry wolves will eat livestock . When tamed they basically become a dog with really sharp claws and teeth. They shed both their fur and fangs and come in a variety of colors. The most common are the Silver Wolves.

This is by no means a complete list, but these are the most common monsters that will appear in-story. The full list can be found here . Every now and then, one of Matilda's monster contracts will feature some of the creatures I didn't list in this post.

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPC
Monsters>You Are Here
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

Since occupations are completely up to the player more set pieces will be added as the rp goes on and more people join up.

User Image
While we aren't going for a 100% accuracy do stick to the basics such as no cellphones, tvs computers or cars(I will allow radio and buggies though) , just covered wagons and letters. There isn't any super advanced farming technology either, but many of the races here are magical, so have fun with that. You can be more liberal with clothing though, just make sure it's functional and either 19th century or Cowboy/girl inspired.

User Image
Despite being around for a full season, New Eden is still a "one-horse-town" the saying goes. Businesses are few and far between so many settlers have to double-up on jobs just to make sure all the most desperately needed jobs are in place. The streets are still mostly dirt, but cobblestone is being placed over it, although with how hot it can get in the summer it's a slow process. Mayor Dawson and his wife conduct business and live in a modest one-story house in the very center of town. Attached to the left side of the house is Mrs. Dawson's tiny office where you can get monster contracts

User Image
The Doctor's Office in New Eden is very small, it only has two beds inside and often get's a little overcrowded,especially when a bug is going around. Rosalie Fang, the nurse there has also dedicated a corner of the room to a bookshelf and calls it a Library, although at the moment it mostly contains her own personal collection she brought with her. One day, when the town is bigger and survival isn't as much of an issue she intends to have a real library built in New Eden and fill it with books. For now, you can talk to her and check out a book to take home if you wish. The Doctor's Office is open Twenty-Four hours, but Rosalie only checks out books from 7:00 AM-6:30 Pm.

User Image
The New Eden Sheriff's Office doubles as the town jail and Sheriff Suzie Brown is more than eager to fill it with Robber Blood and his gang. Like the Doctor's Office, the Sheriff's Office is open twenty-four hours in case of emergencies, but Suzie leaves the office for lunch from 1:00-1:30 and dinner 6:00-6:30. Most likely at least one of her deputies(she has two) will be on duty while she's gone though.

User Image
The Farmlands are an area of empty prairie just outside New Eden where would-be ranchers or farmers can stake a claim. The only bad part is they usually get the brunt of monster problems since they are outside the town's limits. They're also closer to the forest where the gang live. For safety reasons most have a well-trained guard dog or better yet guard monster.

User Image
Little is known about the Wilder areas surrounding New Eden, No one has had a chance to explore it yet. What they do know is that nearby is a roaring body of water they dubbed River Haven since it provides them with essential water to survive as well as food in the form of fish. Some farmers even claim they've found tiny bits of gold in it as well, although that has yet to be proven.

River Haven runs through the surrounding prairie which is amazingly fertile for the farmers and Monster Forest. Few people have gone too far behind the nearby clearings due to monsters and the Threat of Robber Blood's gang who make their home in Monster Forest.

User Image
Because the Monster Forest has yet to be explored much, no one knows where Robber Blood's hide-out is. When Sheriff Brown was a member the hide-out was an abandoned mill deep in the forest, but when she left the gang they moved. The above image is just an idea as to what it might look like, it could be a cave or something else, a bold soul simply has to find it first. However, it does need to cover a big area, because they have to keep the cattle and other stolen properties somewhere.

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPC
Monsters
Setting>You Are Here
Festivals/Time&Date
User Image

Summer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Morning
Afternoon
Evening
Night

Festivals and Birthdays

Summer
1Woolie Festival: During this time of year the Woolie population explodes, but because their so useful to beings of all types they're honored. People often leave out corn to feed the wild Woolies and Woolie shows are held. A lot of stores have wool sales. The main event though, is the Woolie sheering contest. Contestants take their Woolie (or tame a wild one to bring) and a contest is hosted to see who can sheer theirs the fastest (without harming the monster of course). Winner get's a baby Woolie of their very own.

5 Susan Brown's Birthday

11-Firefly Festival: Besides the great food and carnival games that are available all day, the highlight of the night is the firefly catching contest. It's mostly a sport for kids, but some adults who are young at heart participate as well. The winner get's a year's supply of Buffamoo Milk.

15-Sunflower Festival: As a symbol of summer, Sunflowers are of course honored during this season. Young Lovers often give each other Sunflowers or some other related food, like Sunflower seeds. This year the settlers might find something particularly special, a huge field of the flowers across the river. It will only bloom in the summer and settlers aren't supposed to know it exists until we reach this festival.

21- Summer Solstice- Today settlers celebrate the longest day of the year with a huge banquet. All settlers bring a dish to the center of town and share it with their fellow New Edenites. There's also a beautiful and romantic fireworks show at the end of the night.

30-Harvest Festival Farmers and ranchers bring your best crop to the center of town where it will be judged. After the contest is done there's also a cooking contest that non-farmers can participate in using the fresh vegetables. At the end of the night the dishes are enjoyed by everyone in town.

Fall
1Festival of Changing Leaves: At around this time of year all the leaves start to change. Now, is the perfect time for amateur photographers and/or painters to go out and find inspiration in the beautiful leaves. Naturally there will also be food and games. At the end of the night there's a bonfire.

11-Livestock Show: While the focus of the event are the animals(no monsters for this event, sorry), non-animal raisers can also sale crops and yummy dishes in the town square. The winner of the Livestock contest get's a yearling animal of his choice to take home at the end of the night. Anyone who sold food and won, 1rst, 2nd or 3rd place get a ribbon in the appropriate color.

12-Chip Monty III's Birthday

15- Fishing Contest: Self-explanatory, the winner get's a gilded pole as a trophy. The fish are then served up buffet style at the end of the night (if you didn't release your fish).

20-Rosalie Fang's Birthday

21- Fall Equinox Today, settlers celebrate a day when both the day and night are completely even. It doubles as a sort of Halloween Celebration as well: there is a costume contest, a corn maze, a pumpkin carving contest and other fun games like bobbing for apples. Children can even go door-to-door asking for treats if they wish.

30-Harvest Festival See Previous entry under summer.

Winter
1 Monster Show and Basil Wideoak's Birthday: Show off all the wonderful monsters you've tamed. Unlike the Livestock event there are also contest that test your monster's skills, like a race for bird monsters and sumo-style wrestling match for Tortas among others. Winners get ribbons for the basic livestock-likes show and trophies for the athletic events.

11-Snowflake Festival and Raighan Chary's brithday: While it is called "Snowflake Festival" it is basically an excuse for another banquet-type event that focuses on hardy meals. Other events Include ice-skating (although it can be done any time of year as long as the ice is frozen enough), and a snowman-building contest. Winners of the contest get's a set of new, warm, handmade winter clothes.

15- Tree-lighting Festival: While The Festival of Lights is still a few days away, the great tree (that every town has) is lit up in all it's glory. For the settlers this will be very special since New Eden is a place they created on their own and lighting it will prove they survived and will continue to survive what could potentially be a harsh winter. Hopefully the outlaws don't ruin it.

20-21- Festival of Lights Basically Christmas, but the idea here is more to celebrate the winter solstice than a certain religion. Close friends, families and lovers exchange gifts and the town is all lit up with beautiful lanterns and candles. Children are visited Winter 20 night by the Fairy of light (Santa, although it is really their parents) and the next morning focuses on spending time with family, although the Mayor's house is always open if you don't have a family to celebrate with.

30-New Year's Eve Ring in the incoming New year with late night fireworks, drinking and maybe even a kiss from someone very special. Don't forget the black-eyed peas! For the settlers this will prove they survived their first year on their own, so it will be even more special.

Spring
1 New Year's Day: Pioneers continue to celebrate keeping New Eden alive for an entire year. More black-eyes peas will be dished out and all businesses will have great sales going on.

3-Mae Donahue's Birthday

5-Matilda Dawson'e birthday

11- Dance Festival: This is time of many performances as dancers, or even New Edenites with dancing talents perform to make sure the new year is a healthy one for the year's crops. There is also a Sewing and quilting contest for those who wish to participate in that.

15-Mayday : This is basically a springtime Valentines Day, as Mayday is a time for lovers and love interests are encouraged to exchange gifts with their significant other, or confess to someone you have feelings for. There is an old superstition that any couple that get's married on Mayday will be blessed with many children. Lastly, there's a "Livestock show" during this time as well, but it's more like an opportunity to network with fellow animal/monster raisers who wish to breed their livestock to yours.

20 Spring Equinox and Nathanial Dawson's birthday A Celebration of another time when day and night are even. Food sellers abound and foreigners are encouraged to stop by and show off their wares, although they can do so anytime of year. There are the usual carnival games, including a kissing booth. Contests are common during this celebration as well, although the types of contests change every year. One contest that shows up a lot is an artistic gardening contest.

30-Harvest Festival See Previous entries in Summer and Fall

Intro
Story
Rules
Playable Races
Character Slots
Apps
NPC
Monsters
Setting
Festivals/Time&Date>You Are Here

Quick Reply