Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
The past few gold shop updates, most (if not all) of the items are pretty expensive considering the pose and the quality. This has been much to the annoyance of users, even those of us who have the gold to spend often don't want to shell out close to a billion for a single-pose item when we can get much nicer items on the MP for a much lower cost. Now, I get what you're trying to do here. With the economy the way it is, you gotta increase the prices some to help sink gold. But the problem is, you're overdoing it. The gold shops won't be an effective sink if the items aren't worth the price. The items in question are fine, but like I said, there are better, cheaper items on the MP so it seems really ridiculous to charge a billion for a tank top or a hat or something. A gold sink doesn't work if nobody buys the items, after all, and the prices are so high that even wealthy Gaians wouldn't impulse buy them.

So, here's my proposal: a premium gold shop. I'm not talking luxury levels like Dernier*Cri used to be, or the expensive items that Loyal's Bazaar gets once in a while. Only a handful of items would cost more than a few billion. What makes the stock of this store stand out is that it will have items you don't usually see in the gold shops. Things like backgrounds, pets, and wigs. It could also have higher quality items, and maybe even rereleases and recolors of old cash items. This store could be updated alongside the regular gold shops and get new items that fit with the theme, encouraging people to buy the premium ones.

For instance, a back to school update like the recent one. The premium shop could sell some school themed backgrounds, a new recolor or two of All-Star Cheer, some kind of school mascot animal companion, Paws school mascot furs, mascot suits, some college party gear, higher quality school supplies, school-themed mood bubbles, and more.

Fuzzy Dragon

They don't need a new shop they just need to get reasonable with their prices.

Perfect Saint

I think we already have too many shops and NPCs. I think they can just refit an older shop to carry somewhat more expensive merchandise. Before LB and D*C, we have H&R Wesley's, They've already started repricing its inventory anyway, why not go all the way? D*C can have a bargain area or LB. Any of those three shops can easily accommodate those items instead of yet another shop sprouting.

In fact, we need to have a culling. ninja

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Super_Ninja_kun

Why not both? It's gonna be hard to make the gold shops work as a good gold sink while still making them reasonably affordable. Having a separate shop for pricier items would allow the regular gold shop items to stay cheap while still functioning as a gold sink.

Fuzzy Dragon

marshmallowcreampie
Super_Ninja_kun

Why not both? It's gonna be hard to make the gold shops work as a good gold sink while still making them reasonably affordable. Having a separate shop for pricier items would allow the regular gold shop items to stay cheap while still functioning as a gold sink.
That was the point of DC and what they made Loyals into.
I don't think the solution is "moar shops" this time especially when many of the existing shops get neglected anyway. Deniere Cri already holds the designation of being the premium shop. Loyal's Bazaar actually seemed redundant. Adding yet another eventually useless and ignored shop is not the answer.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

If they would just use the shops they had properly... emo Because we have a premium gold shop, they just don't update it. And the problem is the items they are coming out with aren't really worth the prices being put on it.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
We already have "premium gold shops." Loyal's Bazaar and Dernier*Cri.
What we ACTUALLY need is for the current site owners to stop the bullshit and put the gold shop prices back to normal.

Seriously, 575mil for a CHALKBOARD? 2bil for a TANK TOP? Gaia plz.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

A Wandering Houngan
We already have "premium gold shops." Loyal's Bazaar and Dernier*Cri.
What we ACTUALLY need is for the current site owners to stop the bullshit and put the gold shop prices back to normal.

Seriously, 575mil for a CHALKBOARD? 2bil for a TANK TOP? Gaia plz.

I was just going to post this. The people are pricing the last few updates are so out of touch with what most users are willing and able to pay when it comes to gold shops it's ridiculous.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Csilla Silvana
I was just going to post this. The people are pricing the last few updates are so out of touch with what most users are willing and able to pay when it comes to gold shops it's ridiculous.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Precisely. I mean, maybe it's just because I'm an oldie on this site, but... 2 billion used to be a crazy amount of gold, and even now, when you think about it, "billion" is still a very large number. And for this site to be tossing around that kind of number like chump change? It feels really... Bad.

And when looking at the items... It's not even that they're gold shop items, it's the quality of them to boot. I, personally, find a lot of newer items lacking the same detail and definition that we USED to get. Like, it feels as if items are being pushed out so fast these days that the artists are really cutting corners on a lot of the details. Shading is chunky or blocky (or almost non-existent in some cases), things are just very flat. And I'm sorry, but if I'm paying 2 billion for a measly tank top, I at least expect it to look a little more defined and have form to it. emotion_8c

(You know what else feels bad? My AdBlock and AdBlock Plus constantly removing links on this site when I mouse over them. At times, I lose thread links, usernames, entire posts in general, and sometimes even my whole Gaia header disappears. I don't know what's embedded in them when it happens, but whatever it is, AdBlock is definitely not liking it...)

" The wandering Houngan logged out "
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else: if they added a new premium gold shop, they'd eventually stop updating it, or the inflation would quickly make it a not-premium gold shop. Like Dernier*Cri.

I would like to see more premium items--high quality and/or multi-pose--put in Dernier*Cri so it can go back to being a premium shop. But they seem to reserve that kind of item for Loyals or the cash shops.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff