Welcome to Gaia! ::

I wish all the good MMORPG's like World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Everquest 2, Rift, Dungeons and Dragons Online and EVE Online were FREE TO PLAY too.

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
aekta
I was considering buying it not that long ago, so glad I didn't now.

If you purchased a disc you get more character slots though. I'm a free player and I only have 2 slots. My boyfriend bought it years ago and has like 8? (Or maybe 6, I don't remember.) And he hasn't put any real money into the game since buying the disc.

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
I've read all the posts and a lot of people seem to dislike the game. sad

I just started playing since it's now free, and I really enjoy it so far. I only level 27 though.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Chiru-pon

I just started playing since it's now free, and I really enjoy it so far. I only level 27 though.

GW2 does things differently...honestly for the better. Doing those renown hearts and hero challenges and dynamic events really changes the pace. So much variety and a lot of mix ups!

Aged Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Completely free?like i dont have to pay for something?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

ELK-X-MIA
The expansion. And the third section of the story. And you won't get to actually play through the second section. And anything in their heavily-pushed cash shop.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
ELK-X-MIA

You do not need to pay to play gw2 now.

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
skyryo
Chiru-pon

GW2 does things differently...honestly for the better. Doing those renown hearts and hero challenges and dynamic events really changes the pace. So much variety and a lot of mix ups!

Yeah I'm really enjoying it. My favorite quest so far is when you cosplay as a cow. xD

Hilarious Regular

5,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I used to play guild wars 1 and quite enjoyed it and was ecstatic to hear about it going to free to play and installed it straight away. And yes I also play wow so couldint help but compare the two. Above all graphics and battle system guild wars 2 beats wow hands down but as for lore I like both of there lore emensly

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Chiru-pon
aekta
I was considering buying it not that long ago, so glad I didn't now.

If you purchased a disc you get more character slots though. I'm a free player and I only have 2 slots. My boyfriend bought it years ago and has like 8? (Or maybe 6, I don't remember.) And he hasn't put any real money into the game since buying the disc.

He should have five unless he went out of his way to purchase more.

Guild Wars 2 Account Types

Artessana's Husband

Snarky Exhibitionist

15,425 Points
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Married 100
Chiru-pon
My favorite quest so far is when you cosplay as a cow. xD

Hang on. Which quest let you cosplay as a co... Then again, I was a dog before in there, nvm, carry on.

Clean Conventioneer

I've played it when it was out and I still think it's awesome as F2P so long as it doesn't turn P2W. Of course I noticed there were log in errors possibly with a lot of people trying to log in at once. Also character creation is offline which sucks. They say it's an error but I think it's cause logging in the first time gets you a special treasure chest so some would constantly log, create and delete characters to stock up on chests. Not sure if that's true but would not surprise me. Anyway I recommend trying it when they have these issues sorted out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff