Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Gaians!

Yesterday, I finally obtained the Shiny Charm which immediately prompted me to immediately hunt for shinies. I tried using the PokeRadar for an hour or two, but I eventually found the process to be too tedious to continue. Then, I switched to chain fishing after listening to my friend's suggestion. Later, I will end up catching a shiny Feebas, Corphish, Wailmer, and Barboach.

So Gaians:
1. What is your favorite shiny hunting method?
2. Why do you like this method?
3. What is the positive and negative features of your method?
4. What was your longest chain?
5. When do you usually give up?

Please check out my Shiny Feebas Giveaway!

Girl-Crazy Fairy

31,225 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Kin Wrangler 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
I've always liked Friend Safari hunting. There are never more than three Pokemon in the area, which increases the chances of getting the one you want, and there's evidence to suggest the odds are better in Safaris. I also like the Masuda method, but I have yet to have luck with that one. I have really bad luck with chaining; they always break before ten.
Prinsesse Anna
I've always liked Friend Safari hunting. There are never more than three Pokemon in the area, which increases the chances of getting the one you want, and there's evidence to suggest the odds are better in Safaris. I also like the Masuda method, but I have yet to have luck with that one. I have really bad luck with chaining; they always break before ten.

Since I only have Alpha Sapphire, I never experienced the famous Friend Safari in Pokemon X and Y. I find the Masuda method extremely tedious, especially when a single egg requires 10,000+ steps to hatch. Even when I apply the Hatching O Power level 3, the egg still takes a while to hatch.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

31,225 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Kin Wrangler 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Tastefully Offensive
Prinsesse Anna

Since I only have Alpha Sapphire, I never experienced the famous Friend Safari in Pokemon X and Y. I find the Masuda method extremely tedious, especially when a single egg requires 10,000+ steps to hatch. Even when I apply the Hatching O Power level 3, the egg still takes a while to hatch.

Try putting a Pokemon with the Flame Body ability in your party with the eggs. It halves the number of steps you need to hatch them.
Prinsesse Anna
Tastefully Offensive
Prinsesse Anna

Try putting a Pokemon with the Flame Body ability in your party with the eggs. It halves the number of steps you need to hatch them.

My Marcargo is always with me when I hatch eggs. Nevertheless, I still find the process to be more time consuming than chain fishing itself. For instance, I attempted to hatch a shiny Mudkip using the Matsuda method; however, after hatching 300 eggs, I gave up. On the other hand, yesterday, I caught a shiny corphish on my 225th chain.

Snow Cat

15,165 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I definitely prefer the Masuda method. It gives you more control over the Pokémon you're going to get as well as Nature, IVs, and Egg Moves. I'm not into competitive, so I don't really care about all that, though I do like my Shinies to have at least slightly usable Natures (unlike a Modest Zangoose, ugh).

Next to that, probably Poké Radar. But not the XY Poké Radar. The 3D angles make it hard to count patches, so I prefer chaining in DPPt. It can be a little tedious, infuriating even when you break a chain at 39 (or even 40 by accidentally stepping into a patch), but it has wielded a lot of results.

And finally, good ol' full-odds random encounters. There's something special about those.

Dedicated Loiterer

All my methods involve watching tv and paying minimal attention to the game because every single shiny hunting method is absolutely the least interesting thing I could do with my time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff