Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been trying to figure out if I should even post this, or talk to others about this, or even if I feel right feeling this way, but anyway let me contune to this problem.

My Boyfriend room mate (I should really say ours, since I live with him too, but this guy was living with him before I came around) Has been unemployed for months now, and I really don't think he has any desire to find a new job, all he does is sleep, eat and play computer games/ have chats online, he doesn't pay for the house, the only thing he is paying for is food since he has food stamps. Anyway, I'm tired of having him live with us when he is not doing anything, I want him out, but my Boyfriend doesn't want to left him go, since he helped him from what he was (Before my boyfriend helped him, he was homeless and had no job, since my boyfriend took him in as room mate, he was able to get a job, which he was fired from, like I said Months ago) My boyfriend believes that his Room Mate will get back on his feet soon....Yet like I said it has been Months since he had his last job....I guess the main reason why I'm writeing this, is something quite resonantly push me over the edge...I might sound crazy or rude because of it, but still...

I love going to cons, Anime and furry (yes I'm a furry) In Dec there is a con in Chicago and I've been to it before, 2 years ago with my now ex boyfriend at the time, I wasn't able to back there because of money issues, but things have change this year, I have a chance to go! And I really really want to, and I wanted to bring my Boyfriend along because he never been there, a chance for some romantic moments,stuff like that...I had it all planned out until he brought up the thing that pushed me over the edge with the Room Mate

"If we go, we have to bring him with us, if not he will get super depressed and we won't hear the last of it."

Once again, the Room Mate who dosen't have a job, has no money, that my boyfriend is expecting me to help pay that Room Mates way to the con. Mind you last year the Room Mate went to the same con, by himself not even offering me or my Boyfriend to go or said he would help pay if we go, and my Boyfriend is once again expecting me to help pay his way to a con....It broke me, and I told my Boyfriend yesterday that "Well the money I was saving for the con, we can spend it, we can go next year because I do not want to pay for the Room Mate" With that my Boyfriend said "Sorry" and the convo ended there

Funny thing is I don't feel bad, I feel upset that I really wanted to go and had it all planned, just to cancel because of the Room Mate.
And the funny thing is the Room Mate I have a feeling will somehow get other people pay his way there, or when the con comes, he's going to mope around and try to make us feel bad...

Anyway, sorry if this is all typed out crazly, but it's been in my head for a while...I would love to see others point of views on this issue, or any advice on how to handle the Room Mate, or even to say if what I said was right or wrong...Or should I still go somehow? X_X Any and all advice or comments are loved...

Short Of IT

Boy Friend's Room Mate has no job, I want him out, Boyfriend wants him to stay
Con is coming up, wanted to go, just me and my Boyfriend
BoyFriend Said we would have to bring Room Mate because he will get depressed, Yet he went last year and didn't invite us nor say he would help pay for us
I DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR HIM! So I told Boyfriend NVM and Boyfriend look Sad
Am I crazy or not? X_X

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

That's bull. The roommate needs to start paying or leave. If they want to go to the Con, then they can pay for it themselves.

Is the roommate on the lease?
User Image

✘✘✘
!d!ot Amer!ca

That's bull. The roommate needs to start paying or leave. If they want to go to the Con, then they can pay for it themselves.

User Image

✘✘✘

No, right now we are living in my Boyfriend's Grandma's old house, so this house belongs to my Boyfriend and his mom....Who in which doesn't know that the RoomMate doesn't have a job...And my BoyFriend doesn't want her to know....I was so temped to tell her the other night when my BoyFriend brought up buying somethings that the RoomMate needed, and his mom questioned why My BoyFriend paid for it, and he changed the subject right away.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
My question is why does your BF want to let this guy freeload off of him? Why does he keep such a miserable, manipulative person around? What is their friendship like?

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Dazeandconfused
!d!ot Amer!ca

User Image

✘✘✘

No, right now we are living in my Boyfriend's Grandma's old house, so this house belongs to my Boyfriend and his mom....Who in which doesn't know that the RoomMate doesn't have a job...And my BoyFriend doesn't want her to know....I was so temped to tell her the other night when my BoyFriend brought up buying somethings that the RoomMate needed, and his mom questioned why My BoyFriend paid for it, and he changed the subject right away.

Yeah that's not okay. He needs to start paying or leave. I'd let your boyfriend's mother know, to be honest.

Then again, I hate when people are freeloaders and expect everything handed to them. It depends on how much drama you want to start.

Maybe talk to the roommate and tell them that they need to start paying, or you will tell your boyfriend's mother?
User Image

✘✘✘
why should you need to invite him because it'll "hurt his feelings" if you dont? and even if you wanted to invite him, your bf shouldnt expect the two of you to pay for his way. why does your bf stand up for this freeloader? that's complete bullshit.

your boyfriend is enabling him to step all over the two of you (as well as his mother), and ultimately this is probably putting a strain on the relationship. your boyfriend needs to man up and set boundaries for this "friend" of his. yeah, his friend is a freeloader, but in the end, your boyfriend has the ability to put his foot down, yet he doesnt. it's really unfair for your bf to have you go through all the trouble of planning this out, and then tell you out of the blue that you NEED to invite and pay for is friend. i just dont understand what this guy has over your bf to manipulate him in such a way.
My god. He's an adult and needs to start acting like one. If your boyfriend wants to help this guy, give him references for professional low cost/free therapy.
There's something deeper going on with that guy.
Either way, he's not your or your boyfriends responsibility on any level.
It's terrible that you're both letting this guy ruin a personal trip.
I view this from multiple perspectives.

One involves you and your boyfriend. I don't know what your track record is like for boyfriends, so I can't say how long you'll be with this one.

Let's say he gets rid of this roommate, who I'm assuming is his friend. You're happy, the roommate is homeless again or whatever, and your boyfriend is presumably depressed.

Then you break up with your boyfriend six months later or so. So not only did your boyfriend lose his friend, but you're no longer with him either.

I can see how it'd be a slightly complicated issue.
quayla666
My question is why does your BF want to let this guy freeload off of him? Why does he keep such a miserable, manipulative person around? What is their friendship like?

From what he told me, he put so much hard work into the Room Mate, he took him in when he was homeless and helped get him a job, he feels like if he lets the Room Mate go that all his hard work was for nothing and that he wasted his time and he doesn't want that, he want's to see the Room Mate succeed...Which the Room Mate is not doing right now, Boyfriend says Room Mate is depressed, but after a while he will get back on his feet...How long is a while you know? Boyfriend keeps saying Room Mate will move out in a year or two, but I don't see it happening when Room Mate isn't even doing anything to help himself and find a job....There friendship from what I seen though okay...But In my opinion, Room Mate doesn't apprisate (SP) BoyFriend and he gets really angry easily..Apparently he has calmed down since I've move in, but I do see that anger time to time over a silly game or something that gets him ranting.
!d!ot Amer!ca
Dazeandconfused
!d!ot Amer!ca

User Image

✘✘✘

Yeah that's not okay. He needs to start paying or leave. I'd let your boyfriend's mother know, to be honest.

Then again, I hate when people are freeloaders and expect everything handed to them. It depends on how much drama you want to start.

Maybe talk to the roommate and tell them that they need to start paying, or you will tell your boyfriend's mother?
User Image

✘✘✘

I'm kinda scared to tell his mom, but it's getting to the point where I WANT TO, his mom well is really mean towards BoyFriend and she really dosen't like Room Mate ether, and I'm afraid if I tell her, she'll take a lot of anger off on Boy Friend and stuff ^^; But then again this has to stop, I hate the fact that I'm paying half of the bills since he lost his job, when at the beginning it was apost to go 3 ways.
Glitterama
why should you need to invite him because it'll "hurt his feelings" if you dont? and even if you wanted to invite him, your bf shouldnt expect the two of you to pay for his way. why does your bf stand up for this freeloader? that's complete bullshit.

your boyfriend is enabling him to step all over the two of you (as well as his mother), and ultimately this is probably putting a strain on the relationship. your boyfriend needs to man up and set boundaries for this "friend" of his. yeah, his friend is a freeloader, but in the end, your boyfriend has the ability to put his foot down, yet he doesnt. it's really unfair for your bf to have you go through all the trouble of planning this out, and then tell you out of the blue that you NEED to invite and pay for is friend. i just dont understand what this guy has over your bf to manipulate him in such a way.

From what I understand from Boyfriend is that if Room Mate dosen't go he'll get depressed and that he will put off finding a job more and stuff like that, And it does strain from time, when he brings up things about the Room Mate which he dosen't like that he is doing, when I put my two sense in, he changes the subject or says it makes him feel bad that I'm saying this stuff when it's true. Like I said in a different post, I think the reason why Boy Friend is giving him so much power is because of everything he did for Room Mate, he took him off the streets pretty much and got him a job, and he feels like he is a failure if he gives up on Room Mate now, even though in my point a view I really don't think he's looking for a job..I mean at one point Boy Friend said that he should have start filling out apps for Room Mate.
Aamira
My god. He's an adult and needs to start acting like one. If your boyfriend wants to help this guy, give him references for professional low cost/free therapy.
There's something deeper going on with that guy.
Either way, he's not your or your boyfriends responsibility on any level.
It's terrible that you're both letting this guy ruin a personal trip.

I know right? All this bothers me, okay so you lost a job, there is more and always a chance to get a new one, I can understand not working for a month, but after 2 or 3 you should be looking for one again and working!

Friend

You are 100% right. I do hope you can explain yourself to your boyfriend and that he will understand and resolve this issue the first time you ask. If he can't understand your reason then that makes me wonder about his personality.

Questionable Prophet

Well, does your boyfriend know how badly it upsets you?

And if I were you, I'd go to the con by yourself or with another friend. Don't let either of these guys stop you from enjoying it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff