Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Post your college essays? What should I write about?

Dedicated Hobo

strawblurry
What should I write about?

That's really vague. What class is it for, what type of essay is it supposed to be, etc?

I wrote an essay once on the phrase "how do you like them apples". Was pretty fun, and I got an A on it.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Uh. What are you supposed to write about? Like a research essay? Or....?

That's really vague, man.

Write about the different varieties of chickens.

Friendly Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Leedamu
strawblurry
What should I write about?

That's really vague. What class is it for, what type of essay is it supposed to be, etc?

I wrote an essay once on the phrase "how do you like them apples". Was pretty fun, and I got an A on it.

not really for class, more for my college applications LOL.

They all revolve around family and cultural background.
Do you have the essay? I am actually interested in reading it!

Friendly Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Shark Bacon

Oh, sorry i didnt clarify it was essays for my college applications!

They all revolve around cultural backgrounds and I am asian so i am pretty sure that is overused.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
strawblurry
Shark Bacon

They all revolve around cultural backgrounds and I am asian so i am pretty sure that is overused.

Ahahahaha, write about chickens.

xd

Well. Did you have a tiger mom? Younger siblings that you had to take care of? Um...trouble fitting in at school? Family quirks? Big family?

I actually never had to write any college application essays. I was accepting on good ACT scores, but ended up going to community college and transferring to save money.

Friendly Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Shark Bacon
strawblurry
Shark Bacon

xd

Well. Did you have a tiger mom? Younger siblings that you had to take care of? Um...trouble fitting in at school? Family quirks? Big family?

I actually never had to write any college application essays. I was accepting on good ACT scores, but ended up going to community college and transferring to save money.

see, I feel like those are all too cliche. LOL except for the chicken, i guess. How would i even incorporate that though hahaha.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
strawblurry
Shark Bacon
strawblurry
Shark Bacon

xd

see, I feel like those are all too cliche. LOL except for the chicken, i guess. How would i even incorporate that though hahaha.

Yeah, they're totally cliche. But I dunno, man.

Just make up s**t. Say you raised chickens. xd
Haha. Well don't just write about chickens..that sounds..weird? Maybe start off with the general stuff such as introducing yourself, where you're from, hobbies and interests, family/friends, etc. and go into the specifics like dream job, educational plans, reasons why you want to apply to this college...I dunno lol.

G'luck on your essay!

Shy Shapeshifter

Hmm not sure I even have mine anymore. Just make sure and get a teacher to proof read it for you. There's plenty of guides online for writing statements.

Borg

I don't remember what I wrote about, just remember that it wasn't exactly a typical essay...so I'll just post some links to a couple of places with sample essays.

Good luck!
It depends on the prompt. I applied to only two colleges and one of them wanted me to write about how family, cultural traditions tie into food while the other one was more typical: list your accomplishments (which i just bs'ed, lol) and why you want to go that university.

TIP: I partially lied in my essay. I stated that I loved little kids (I don't) but then I wrote about my passion for writing & history. Lie a little bit; but don't overdo it.

Good luck! :3

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Tell them the truth, but in an interesting way :3 Use personal stories because they resonate better. Also proof read your essay (read it out loud), many people do not.

Wealthy Hoarder

Logistics, Cooperate Social responsibility, and Communication skills in the work force are just a few of the research topics I wrote about.

Honestly, I written more but can't remember what else I wrote about.

It depends on what your studying too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces