Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

I made this new account today, although I'm not actually new, but in the process of arranging my settings etc to familiar comfy levels and wondering if I could access the event straight away (I can), I stopped by Welcome to Gaia to perhaps make this account's first post. However, I decided to do that here in good ol' GCD heart

I noticed a very significant number of "returning to Gaia" type threads in WtG. It seems like a lot of people are coming back.

What's drawing people back, do you think?
Is it that once a Gaian, always a Gaian?
Is it a drug that you can quit but never really leaves your system?
Or is it perhaps something that only occurs during events?
Is there just no place like home?
Is it a good sign?
Whaddya think?

EDIT:
Having read the replies to this topic, another question occurs to me.

Is there any other single site, of any kind (without necessarily naming them , don't want to embarrass anyone xd ), that you have spent as many years with as you have with Gaia, or that you have invested as much time in during your internet life?
well I made a big investment & I wanna get the most out of it
Plus the community isn't the worst
& it's removed enough from everything else to use as a vent box

Yeah I think I'll summer here from now on
Nostalgia may be a reason for a lot of users returning to this site as they probably remember spending their youth on here. Also, it is still the summer and kid's have a lot of time on their hands so they might end up anywhere on the internet out of boredom (thankfully it's here!)

Shirtless Fatcat

definitely Nostalgia, like was said. A little bit investment. I just kinda curiously pass by every so often to sell/but new items, dress my avie then leave again.

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

Anti-Ling
well I made a big investment & I wanna get the most out of it
Plus the community isn't the worst
& it's removed enough from everything else to use as a vent box

Yeah I think I'll summer here from now on

xd
When you go away from Gaia for a while and do whatever you do with your life and your social internet consists of Tumblr, Twitter, FB, Reddit or whatever and then come back to Gaia, you realize what a really ODD site it is. Seriously, it's very peculiar, and unique. So many attempts have been made to create fantasy worlds, other avatar sites etc, and there are many social sites, and then waaaay out there floating in the middle of the net ocean is GaiaOnline, getting positively ancient in internet terms, still alive....

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
What's drawing people back, do you think?
I quit for a little while because I was butt-hurt over some of the changes that were implemented a few years ago and I gave up on rallying to fix them. But, Gaia is something that I've loved for over 11 years and I decided to come back and embrace what still I love about the site. Gaia has always been a way for me to relax and have fun. It comes natural to me and is like a second home. Plus, I've invested a lot into Gaia.

Is it that once a Gaian, always a Gaian?
With how long I've been a member and how much I love it, I believe so. I'll most likely be here until the site shuts down.

Is it a drug that you can quit but never really leaves your system?
See my previous answers. xd

Or is it perhaps something that only occurs during events?
Events are my favorite part! I'm still sad that I missed a few while I was gone. But, it's not the main reason that I stay on the site.

Is there just no place like home?
Indeed.

Is it a good sign?
Well, Gaia does have a hold on me... Maybe that's not exactly the healthiest? But, everyone has their hobbies. Gaia just happens to be mine.

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Well, it got boring trying to keep up with the MP, and with 98% of my friends list having quit already+zOMG! gone, I kinda just drifted away from the site...but then summer hit, some of my friends returned, and I got dragged back with them LOL XD

Enduring Spirit

Recently returned from a big hiatus myself. One of the issues was because I was becoming too obsessed with wanting and "needing" items that I had to let go of this place, at least for a time. Revalue what's important. I still want items and will continue to quest, but I've come to realize it isn't a need but a part of the fun. Another reason was because I saw the community becoming to be in a bad condition thanks to the changes from months before. It made me feel uncomfortable for some reason.

I came back to see my friends, first and foremost, and has been able to communicate with some of them. Plus, did had a curiosity on how everything is functioning here. Cannot lie, a part of me wanted to come back since it has been in my life for so many years. Some things are hard to let go.

Excitable Fairy

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.★. I'm also back once again, I think its the money I pumped into it a few years ago.. & i just can't let go!
Only to return and still be poor, was a classical joke! ツ <3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rest In Peace Mum
You Will Be Missed
ILoveYou
01-06-2010
✖ ✖ ✖

Interesting Explorer

I seem to hover back to Gaia when I have time off.
And I stay active for a while. It's just fun floating around
and trying to figure out what's been going on even if it
is a bit confusing sometimes. sweatdrop My question back
would be how do you get back into Gaia? I can
never seem to get back into the swing of things. (x
For me when I joined I was 13(200 cool and when I quit I was 14 (2010) just about 15. I am now 21(2015). I quit because a woman who was purely inlove with gaia had passed away and I didn't want to do anything that reminded me of her... Gaia is like Facebook, once you get some friends and like a few games, its home lol its too much fun to quit.

SnowDrifted's Significant Otter

Demonic Partner

I came back because I had a friend who was into it and I wanted to have something we could talk about since none of our other friends were active.

Also as an artist, I found this was a nice place to practice since there are so many people looking to get art either for free or for gold. I'm actually amazed by the caliber of artists who do art for gold.

Other than that... nothing else for me to do. I see a lot of people come back to write stories or participate in the events.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Someone told me to edit the E CORP thread so I did.
Also my girlfriend decided to spend today here, so I decided to poke around a little more.

Probably only going to be active for a few days then go back into my dark hole of the unknown for another year or two.

Fashionable Darling

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Full closet 200
I logged in for the first time in 2 years this past Saturday.
I must say, it has been quite the shock. All the freaking announcements and the horrible inflation, ugh! I don't know what compelled me to log back in. Perhaps, like others, I have invested a lot into Gaia and I was curious.
And now I am displeased.

Perfect Saint

Never. Be. Free.

Especially since I've sunk so much real money into it. I should have stock options. lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff