Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

my mind was touched by the g✦l✦xies and built from the burning st★rs

( company ) : clif & kara xx( location ) : beacon - back of the pillar xx( ooc ) : rip in pasta amie lmao

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amie froze when all eyes were on her. She certainly felt bad for Kara but she also couldn't help but feel uneasy around her. Sure, she sounded sincere but who knows if it was just another prank of hers or something. She never knew why, but she always got a bad vibe around her, like something bad was going to happen if she stuck around. Now that she thought about it, she never really got along with Kara. Every time she appeared out of no where, Amie's attitude instantly changed. "No." She blurted out but quickly coughed. "No idea -- I have no idea." She added trying not to seem rude.

She wanted to be nice and say yes but Kara was never really nice with Amie which left her with mixed feelings. She could say no and feel good but break Kara's heart or she could say yes and carry on with a god-awful sh-tty feeling of dread in heart. Is there an Option C? She wondered before speaking up again. "I-I mean.. I know you really want to join us and I know you can probably help but.." She bit her lower lip and avoided Kara's gaze. "You didn't.. See what we did. And.. I just don't think it's a good idea for you to tag along." She finished awkwardly, hoping that she came up with a decent excuse and hoping that she didn't come off as rude. "Like.. What if your parents find out? They'll kill yo- no, they won't just kill you, they'll kill us too."

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

Kara's arms hung loosely with her fingers threaded together. Her thumbs pressed together at their pink tips with enough force to show them turning white. She was trying to keep a composed look, but her nervousness was bleeding through. She certainly seemed to want to go, but understood well enough that she didn't have much to help sway their decision besides her word. It was perhaps a bit of an odd scenario - among all of them, she technically had the most exposure to the pillars through her studies, and yet she wasn't calling the shots. For that matter, for someone that generally exuded confidence to the point of freely taunting others, she seemed so feeble right now. Had her mischievous actions been a mask for her true self all this time? Or was this meant to be the act, to lull them into sympathy and convince them to let her join? Either way, it didn't seem to be doing much for her right now. She flinched at Amie's comments, and at the end, looked crestfallen.

Clif breathed gently through his nostrils with a mild frown. Amie made a good point - Kara really had no idea what she was trying to get involved in. Hell, they didn't even really know! He placed one hand on his hip and ran the other through his short hair. "It would be pretty obvious if you were gone. There's no telling how long this will take - it might be days at a time. Or weeks. I don't even know how I'm going to tell this to my folks." That unexpected snag made him wince slightly. They could hardly be on worse footing for starting this 'adventure'.

Another bout of silence came. What was there to even say? Kara looked to be deep in thought. Then, suddenly, she perked up, accompanied by a gasp. "A study trip!" She exclaimed. "If I told my parents that we were just going to learn more about the island and not the Pillars, I'm sure I could find a way to convince them. And you guys - I could say you were my guides. You don't live in the city, so they'd buy that," She nodded to Clif, "And you've got a weapon that's good for hunting, so they'd probably believe that you're a gatherer. At least an apprentice one." Amie did have a youthful appearance, after all. "Look, I get it, you don't trust me. But you guys don't have to tell me anything else. I just need a way to get out of this damn city. I can look after myself after that - we can even go our own ways if you want." She paused, and then gently caught her fist in her palm as she had another idea. "You mentioned you need to do research, right? I have access to a ton of documentation that's not for public use. And anything I don't have, I can get." She patted her back pocket for emphasis. "What do you say to that? You guys don't have to do anything for me, just be my ticket past the gates. That's all, I promise. And I won't breathe a word of this to anyone."

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : clif & kara xx( location ) : beacon - back of the pillar xx( ooc ) : short reply is short sorryyyy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amie's head was spinning. All of this was too much for her. "Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to buy the whole 'study trip' thing.." She muttered, shaking her head. "And uhh.. Kara? I know you're old enough and all but.. I don't think you can take care of yourself." She said, pausing awkwardly, "I mean, I know you're old enough to make your own decisions and stuff but.. Where would you even go? You- We don't even know what's out there. You could get hurt or even die." She pointed out, unable to believe that she was actually saying this. Am I dreaming? She wondered, closing her eyes. "This is just so out of the blue.. How do we know that you're not just pulling some prank on us or something?" She let out a soft sigh, "I'm sorry but.. This is all just so complicated." She finished, pressing her lips together into a thin line and opening her eyes again.

As much as Amie sorta wanted to bring Kara along, she was afraid that after they split up and went their own ways, she'd end up dying and it'd be all their fault. What if someone finds out that it's not even a stupid study trip? What will we say then? "Oh, sorry, we helped your daughter run away from home and got her killed." She ran lithe fingers through her dark locks before taking a look up at the sky. Sooo, get Kara killed by letting her free in exchange for a good start? Seems like an easy but horrible choice.

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal
Location: Back of Beacon's Pillar | Company: Amie, Kara -> Amie

Each rebuttal hit the girl harder than Amie's arrows could ever hope to. By the end of it, she wore an expression somewhere between sadness and anger. Whatever it was that she was feeling, though, she didn't say a word of it. "Fine. I get it." She said coldly. "Good luck on your stupid adventure." It looked like she wanted to say more but was either too angry, or somehow too smart, to let any more go. She turned and vanished out of sight.

Clif gently rubbed the back of his neck. He knew that Amie had been looking out for Kara's safety, and thereby their own, but those documents really would have helped. Still, they had the library at their disposal, so they weren't entirely at a loss. "I guess we can't do anything more tonight." He said quietly, followed by a glance at Amie. "I'm probably gonna get some flak from my folks for being gone so late, but they'll get over it. I think... I'll tell them that I'm going to help the city by scoping out new farmland. I know it well enough that I could do it. You should think up something to say to your parents, too. There's no telling how long this is going to take. Should we meet up at the library tomorrow morning?"

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : no one in particular xx( location ) : beacon - front of the library xx( ooc ) : hope today was a good day for u lol

Amie's breath hitched and it took all the strength she had inside her not to start tearing up. Thanks. She thought silently, watching Kara fade away from their line of sight. After that, Amie didn't feel like she deserved to go on the adventure anymore. "I'm probably gonna get some flak from my folks for being gone so late, but they'll get over it." Mine don't care so I'm good. She thought bitterly. All of this was adding more and more coal into the fire burning inside of her. "You should think up something to say to your parents, too. There's no telling how long this is going to take." They still don't care so I'm still good. She thought, loosely crossing her arms and turning on her heel. "Yeah.. Goodnight, Clif. See you tomorrow." She muttered quietly before starting off in what seemed like the direction of her home.

On the way back, all she could think about was the same conversation rolling around in her head. Words were spinning into sentences she could have said in replace for the ones spoken and reactions bubbled in her mind in replace for the ones chosen. She scolded herself silently as she swam through crowds, avoiding what felt like burning glares digging into her skin. Almost there.. Amie thought, trying to imagine the thin outline of her house engraved into the distance. She trekked along, her figure slouched and her eyes half-lidded, trying to blink back tears that dared to form. Come on.. She thought, her vision growing hazy at the sight of her dark house. Once inside, Amie dragged herself up the stairs and into her room, flopping down onto her warm bed. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh, waiting until she was too tired to be angry with herself before falling asleep.

----

Amie didn't sleep at all last night. She kept waking up because of a nightmare or a sound creeping out from her window sill. And after several times of waking up, she decided to just stay up until 6 AM, the time she was supposed to wake up at. She crawled out of bed and did her usual routine. Eat breakfast, brush teeth, take a shower, comb hair and get dressed. But all of this took longer than usual. She ended up burning her toast, brushed her teeth for 7 minutes, nearly fell asleep in the shower and had to comb through awfully tangled hair. Go, go, go. She thought, tugging on her black boots. Amie looked down at her outfit and shrugged. "Signature outfit is it." She mumbled. It was nothing special. White ribbon, black knee-length dress, black stockings and black boots. "Well, I'm going on an adventure, so byeee!" She shouted over her shoulder before dashing out the door, her bow in hand.

She stumbled down the roads, her quiver clumsily moving around behind her. I'm so late! She thought, picking up her pace, nearly running people over on her way to the library. Once she saw the building in view, she skidded to a stop, scoffing when she saw that Clif wasn't even there yet. "Damn it." Amie said, fixing her quiver, bow and dress before sauntering closer towards the entrance. Well, at least I'm not late.

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal
Location: Back of Beacon's Pillar -> Public Library | Company: Amie

There was a relatively awkward silence that followed the end of their conversation. This was really happening - come tomorrow, their lives would be entering a strange and deadly new chapter. Clif had always thought that he would somehow be more prepared for the day he finally got to go and explore the Pillars, maybe with years of training or a mentor, but here he stood with a girl he barely knew with the weight of the world resting on their shoulders, and the only one with any idea of what was going on was now a test subject for Beacon's R&D. That brought up something else that the young man hadn't considered - how was Lyla going to contact them now? Were they supposed to somehow rescue her and take her? He couldn't imagine trying to navigate the underground while carrying someone on his back the whole way. A sigh of frustration escaped him as he waved goodbye to Amie for the night. Why did this have to be so complicated?

Clif didn't get much of an earful that night. His folks commented that being tardy wasn't acceptable for being a farmer, but otherwise they had a late meal and went to bed shortly after. The lad lay awake and stared at the ceiling, trying to figure out the exact words that would ensure his freedom. It felt strange to be lying to his parents at all, but to be doing so and hiding the fact that he might not come back alive was something else entirely. A cold feeling seemed to grip his chest at the thought. Would he really die? As his mind started backtracking through his life, it seemed so painfully short. The fears and uncertainties only seemed to grow with the passing minute. This was suicide. He was going on a wild goose chase at the behest of what could very well have been a hallucination. As his eyes flicked to the nightstand though, where his silver mirror lay, he had to accept that this was absolutely real. He reached for the looking glass, then stared into it. The surface was pristine, not a single smudge or speck of dust anywhere. It was like it rejected filth. As he ran a finger around the edge, Lyla's words echoed in his mind. "If you find yourself in doubt, this mirror will show you sincerity - be it the heart, the mind, or your very surroundings. Reflect on this mirror as you would yourself, and find the truth within." Clif held it tightly. "Am I doing the right thing?" He whispered. He waited, and waited, expecting something, anything, to happen. But the little mirror showed nothing but his own reflection. The young man breathed out, then set the object back on the nightstand. He rolled over and tried to get some sleep.

Believe in each other, and in yourselves.

The following morning, Clif had risen with little issue. He went about his morning routine and dressed. Today he just wore a white homespun shirt and mahogany slacks. As he began doing his chores with his folks, he started talking about his made-up story of going and observing new farmland for the city. There was an abundance of questions, but somehow he managed to keep coming up with just the right answer to make it sound believable, but uncertainty and worry were still etched in his parents' features. By the end of it, they had simply said that they would discuss it more tonight. With that said and done, Clif realized that he was already supposed to have met Amie. He finished up what he could, then took off toward the city. Another fifteen minutes later and he was standing outside the library doors, breathless. "Sorry. Chores." He panted. He took a moment to gulp down some air, then righted himself. "Right. Let's get to it."

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : farm boy (clif) xx( location ) : beacon - library xx( ooc ) : jdhuindahjfgk

Amie brushed off specks of dirt from her dress before looking up at the sky with her piercing lavender eyes. Dull gray clouds painted the sky, casting a gloomy atmosphere over the city. Looks like it might rain.. She said, sighing at the prospect of rain. She lowered her gaze in time to see Clif scurrying along in the distance. She couldn't help but stifle a laugh as she watched him arrive, panting like a dog. "It's fine. She said, waving it off before pushing open the doors to the entrance of the library.

A scent of old and new books swirled around her, causing her to cringe. When was the last time I was in a library again? She wondered, looking around at her surroundings. It was awfully empty. Either that or it was extremely quiet and everyone was hiding. She latched onto the back of Clif's shirt, letting him drag her along for awhile before she parted ways with him. It'd be better if we split up anyways.. She thought, brushing past the round tables scattered around. She caught the outline of a figure in the distance, scribbling away on paper and occasionally stopping to look over at the book beside her. Amie ignored her until she caught the aroma of flowers spinning around the girl. "Primrose?" She called, her eyes sweeping over the girl who had crystal blue eyes and long, black hair.

"What? I'm not in the mood to talk. Can't you see I'm studying?" The girl hissed, stealing a glance up at Amie before returning to look at her book. "Don't tell me you're here to bother me about your explorer junk.."

"Well.. Sorta. I need to learn more about the Pillars and what's inside of 'em." Amie said reluctantly, catching the unsatisfied glint in Prim's eye.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm not a f-cking librarian." She muttered bitterly, resuming with her scribbling. Amie sighed and stood there, staring deeply at the textbook in front of Prim. Looks like someone is struggling with math.. She thought, not budging from her spot. "..-sigh- Section 144 upstairs.. Now go away." She growled grumpily, twirling the mechanical pencil with her fingers. Amie smiled and nodded, sauntering off in search of Clif who she managed to leave in the dust.

When she spotted the familiar farm boy among the towers of bookcases, she quickly scurried over towards him and latched onto the back of his shirt. She sighed in relief at the familiar fabric between her index finger and her thumb, rubbing it together. "I found something! Sorta." She whispered, tugging on his shirt to try and get his attention. "Section 144 maybe has the stuff we're looking for." She chimed, motioning towards the stairs that led to the upper level of the library.

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

Unsurprisingly, Clif had never spent much time in a library. His folks made sure that he had enough of an education to make him not sound like a dope, but otherwise his days had been filled with work as opposed to study. There were too many scholars and not enough workers, he had been told on more than on occasion. It wasn't a point he could exactly refute (possibly due to his lack of education, ironically enough), so he had simply gone with it all his life. Now he stood admist the stacks of books and felt like he was lost in a maze. How was anyone supposed to find anything in this place? He thought at first that maybe things went in alphabetical order, with all the books starting from A to Z, but he quickly found that wasn't the case. There were codes of some sort stuck on all of the books but he had no idea how they worked. He pulled a few off of the shelf at random while hoping to get lucky, but that quickly grew frustrating. He knew he couldn't say it to Amie, but he really wished they had Kara's help right now.

After some aimless searching, Amie showed up and told him that she had a lead. He breathed a sigh of relief, nodded, and headed toward the stairs. She had been grabbing his shirt all this time for some reason or another, and while he thought it was strange, he didn't particularly mind so long as she didn't ruin it somehow. Maybe she was used to being guided around? Heck if he knew. One flight of stairs later, and the two found themselves among yet more books. A glance at the shelves here immediately proved more fruitful, however. The titles spoke about the Pillars, Beacon, Sentinels, and technology. Clif didn't know where to begin, so he simply started pulling whatever sounded helpful out. After getting a stack of several books, he lead the way to a nearby table. He cracked open one of the tomes and began looking at the index to see what might be the most beneficial to their cause. "So, uh... why do you have a bow anyway, if you're not an explorer?" Clif proceeded to ask. He figured they would be at this for a while, so he should strike up some conversation.

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : farm boy (clif) xx( location ) : beacon - library xx( ooc ) : my internet is being a jerk lmao

Amie followed Clif when he trekked up the stairs, leading them towards the section they were looking for. She let go of his shirt and wandered around, plucking out a few books from the shelves and carrying them in her arms. Once she had what felt like fifty books in her arms, she carefully made her way back towards Clif. We're going to be here for hours. She thought with a sigh, sitting down at the table he was at. She set the books down and started organizing them into piles, awkwardly getting up to put away the ones that weren't much help. On her way back, she felt another pang of regret reside in her chest, causing her to sulk back to the table. Stop thinking about it. Amie scolded herself, trying to forget the conversation that occurred the day before.

Her eyes swept over the books in front of her and she stifled a yawn. This is going to take forever! She thought, reaching out to grab a book. It was fatter than the others and it had a smooth, leathery cover around it. She peeled open the book slowly, noticing the hint of foxing towards the edges of the pages and a faint musty scent radiating off it. Amie flinched and reluctantly flipped through book, her eyes skimming the pages in an attempt to find something that'd catch her eye. "So, uh... why do you have a bow anyway, if you're not an explorer?" She heard Clif ask, causing her to steal a glance up at the farm boy.

"I want to be an explorer and to do that, I'd have to have some sort of weapon to train with. So I just chose the bow and arrow." Amie answered, drumming her fingers lightly on the table. "But since I-.." She paused, trying to think of an excuse. "I don't have the money to buy it, I just made it." She said, letting the lie pass through her lips. It's not that she didn't have the money, it's that she didn't want the money. Especially if it came from her parents. "It's not the best thing ever though. The ones I make tend to break easily.." She added, flipping through a few more pages. "Don't you have a weapon or something? Ya know, something you can train with?" Amie asked. I mean, he wants to be an explorer, right? And don't explorers need weapons? So, where's his weapon?

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

"Oh." Clif replied. It probably wasn't one of his more inspired thoughts. He trailed his finger down the page he was looking at. This particular book seemed to be a study on Sentinel behavior. He leafed through the book a bit, then read a passage.

Sentinels, as is their namesake, patrol the Pillars to dissuade intruders. They are outfitted with numerous weaponry of varying styles to dispatch of targets with great efficiency. Sentinels are noted as often employing energy-based weaponry which no known material seems to provide particular protection against, including their own chassis. While their functions appear to have them pursue targets until neutralized, there are no known instances of a Sentinel chasing their target outside of their designated Pillar. It is unclear whether this is due to their objective having been fulfilled in removing rogue entities, or that they are to remain near power outlets so that they may recharge and continue their duties.

While an interesting bit of information in its own right, it wasn't particularly helpful right now. It wasn't encouraging to know that some of their weapons more or less meant instant death. Clif grimaced and snapped the book shut to see if another one was more helpful. "I just kinda figured that anyone that was trying to be an Explorer would have a mentor or something, and, well, most people don't carry their weapons with them everywhere." It didn't sound as though Clif was trying to come off as rude, he was merely out of the loop. Living outside of the city and only really being taught how to feed animals or plow fields tended to do that. "My folks won't let me own a weapon. They said I'll just end up hurting myself with one." He said as he looked over the book spines. "I just use whatever's lying around. Usually sticks n' stuff. They all break pretty easily, though. I guess I'll have to get something more sturdy if I'm going to be doing this, though, huh."

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : farm boy (clif) xx( location ) : beacon - library xx( ooc ) :i have writer's block T ^T

Amie's eyes swept through the pages, wondering what bit of information could be helpful. But everything she found was stuff she already knew or wouldn't be beneficial to them. Not only that, but she was too tired to function. Her eyes were already getting heavy and her head was drooping. "I do have a mentor.. Sorta." She mumbled, her dark locks falling over her lavender eyes. "Her name is.. Vanessa." She added, trying to give a little more info on her supposed mentor. Shh, you don't need to know what's up, farm boy.. She thought, the words scribbled on the pages blurring together into one huge blob.

She suppressed a laugh. Your parents give you good advice. She thought, trying to blink away the sleepiness that was engulfing her senses. "I just use whatever's lying around. Usually sticks n' stuff. They all break pretty easily, though. I guess I'll have to get something more sturdy if I'm going to be doing this, though, huh." She nodded.

"Hmm.. I could see you wielding a sword." Amie said out loud, her eyes gliding up the table to meet Clif's for a few moments. The image crossed over her mind and she quickly stifled a laugh. "No, wait, you look too innocent for that." She said jokingly. "Maybe somethin' smaller."

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

"Huh. Why didn't she come to the tour of the Pillar? I imagine she'd be interested, if only to help you learn or something. By the way, you okay? You seem kinda out of it." Clif slipped another book out of his pile, this one titled 'Beacon's Energy Systems.' He flipped it open and read a passage.

"Virtually every device in Irage, and most notably Beacon, is powered by the energy harvested from the various Pillars. Energy must be stored in specialized containers which are regularly discovered inside of the Pillars. To date, no attempts at re-creating these containers has proved successful, as they have certain properties which continue to elude Beacon's researchers. Despite this drawback, releasing and channeling the energy is quite simple, and merely requires a type of conduit for the energy to travel through."

There was more, but it wasn't proving to be terribly informative. Not outside of what he was already familiar with, at least. Another book closed and put aside. At Amie's comment about suitable weaponry for him, he puffed a small bit of air from his nose in light irritation. He'd beaten the stuffing out of bales of hay plenty of times, and had built up a strong, quick swinging arm from the effort. The years of farmwork may not have given him a physique like Toma, but he was sturdy enough, too. "I could use a sword just fine. In fact, I probably will when I get something for myself." He replied.

rainbowzcolor
User Image

▐ ░░xAM I ExxVY

( company ) : farm boy (clif) xx( location ) : beacon - library xx( ooc ) :i still have writer's block T ^T + sorry for late reply!!

Amie's stomach did flips. "She has a busy schedule so she couldn't make it." She said, letting another lie slip past her lips. It wasn't that Vanessa was busy, it was that she was lazy tired and she wasn't in the mood to walk around for three or so hours. If only you were here right now.. Amie thought, closing her eyes and letting out a soft sigh. "Huh? Uh, yeah.. I'm just really tired." She answered, burying her face into the book in front of her. All she wanted to do was sleep the day away but how could she if they were on an important mission of finding out more information. But I'm not doing a very good job at finding stuff now am I?

"I could use a sword just fine. In fact, I probably will when I get something for myself." When Clif said that, she couldn't help but compliment him silently for his quick and snappy reply. But she also felt a twinge of worry for him. Yeah, well let's hope you don't kill yourself with that thing.. "Suit yourself." She replied, her voice somewhat muffled. She shifted around on her seat for a few moments before sitting back up, her lavender eyes open again. "I feel bad about yesterday." Amie murmured. "Maybe I should have said yes.. But then if I said yes, she'll join and maybe get hurt along the way. But now since I said no, she hates us- no, she hates me." She blurted out, shaking her head.

Just the thought of last night's conversation made her stomach churn and her chest hurt. She felt so confused as to whether or not she made the right choice. Oh, geez..

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Clif Ardal

Clif quirked a brow at Amie. The reasoning was sound, at least in his opinion, but the young lady was certainly acting strange. Still, he didn't feel like prying. She said that she was sleepy, so maybe he was reading too much into things. Clif rested his cheek in his hand, looked at the books, and sighed quietly. There had to be some better way to approach this. But how? Anyone that would have helpful information probably wasn't going to give it up, not without a good reason at least, and so far they weren't doing so well in the 'making up excuses' department. Not by much, at least.

When Amie spoke up again, Clif looked over at her with firm lips. He knew her intentions had been good, but it looked like it was bothering her all the same. It made sense - having to shoot someone down after getting that excited and hopeful probably didn't leave a person feeling very good. "Y'know, maybe we should just let her come." He piped up. "I mean, yeah, it would be putting her in danger, but she's doing it by choice. We are too, if you really think about it. All that stuff Lyla said about being an Empath, and having to find the Transcendants and whatnot, I didn't feel like it was something I had to do. I did it because I wanted to help, that's all. And, well..." He looked away, choosing to gaze out a window. "My parents always discouraged me from going to the Pillars because they said it was too dangerous. I always listened, but I hated that they were deciding my future for me. Aren't we kinda doing the same thing to Kara?"

rainbowzcolor

Seeker

User Image

User Image
              User Image
              User Image
                                  PARTY :: [ Amie and Clif ]
                                  OOC :: [ - - ]

• tab tab "Doing what to that troublemaker Kara?" a voice cut in, soft as a bell but cold as ice. The owner, was a femme with grey-tinged beige hair that reached her knees due to the length. Her pale blue eyes coldly stabbed into the two figures around her age or younger; to make a comparison, it was like a lioness eyeing her next meal. With the black cane in her hand, the explorer made her way towards the two whom had been nose-deep reading for information and their chatter; her gait was somewhat unsteady and had used her walking cane as what it was made for.

tab tab However, in truth, both of her legs were working fine and everything was just an act to have these people belittle her slightly. If it doesn’t work, well…. I’ll commend them for that…

tab tab The rhythmic taps of her cane and her boots ended as she was close the two, her deadpan expression continued to be the same, the ice-cold daggers her pale blue orbs through at their direction hadn't melted one bit. "I'll get straight to the point." her tone of voice was commandeering and one that cannot be ignored, "Tell me everything you two have found out last night and the items you have in your possession; the apple and mirror." she leaned closer and whispered softly and sweetly with a thin smile finally breaking her monotonous visage.

tab tab She, Izayoi Himegami, had heard the words of The Calling as well yesterday. She had heard it once when she had descended to the lowest level available two years ago. It gave her a new sense of purpose to why she still bothered with her current lifestyle and occupation. Last night, she had just arrived from the west after a commission from someone she knew for a long time. Exactly the moment she came close to the Pillar at the center of Beacon, Izayoi cannot help but had her mouth agape. It had been two years but she knew the voice that resounded in her mind.

tab tab "The surface... back of the Pillar... please, hurry..."

tab tab Izayoi rushed to find whatever The Calling wanted her or those alike her was making them look. It took her a few moments to find a group of three who seem to have the same purpose as her. The belle didn’t approached them but went to the rooftops, using the whatever scaffolding, railings or any footholds and platform she could leap off from or use as leverage as she climbed quick. Pulling a binoculars with a night vision mode, she observed from her position, keeping her body flat on the roof. And whatever events happened after the trio disappeared and reappear, Izayoi also knew them. It was actually nice to know that Kara had such a trinket with her.

tab tab "Ah." As if recalling something important, "Where are my manners... forgetting to introduce myself." Placing her free left hand onto her chest, "Izayoi.... Himegami..... explorer." she tilted her head forward with grace and while her voice was still ever cold, at least she was sounded polite and sincere enough.

tab tab "And please don't try anything funny. I can easily suppress the two of you without much problem. However, let's not go that fact as that would trouble the others whom love to read, learn and absorb knowledge as well as the librarians."User Image

User Image

Takarashi

rainbowzcolor

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out