Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Player

Kaiser Khorosho
A Redhead Angel
Kaiser Khorosho
I never understand why people think they can commit a crime if a crime is done to them. Discharging a weapon, not once, but THREE TIMES in the air is stupid and reckless.

Also, I've never understood "invasion of privacy" if you're outside doing something that isn't indecent or that you normally would do in public. I guess it's because I was bullied in Jr. High but like, if I was bothered, I'd simply ignore the situation and it usually went away. Generally the only time I'm in my backyard is to mow it. If I saw a drone flying around my backyard, I'd ignore it. I don't give a s**t. A fat guy mowing a half acre of backyard for an hour isn't going to be entertaining footage to anyone, let alone embarrass me.

That said, I do think it's an invasion of privacy, but I don't care if it happens to me. Other people might, sure, but it doesn't give them a right to shoot them out of the sky.

You don't understand invasion of privacy? Really? I am sitting pantsless typing this right now with my window open because it is a pretty day. Honestly, this t-shirt is 100% more clothing than I usually wear around the house, but that doesn't mean I would go naked in public. Would I be ok with a drone flying around my deck filming as I prepare lunch, let the dog out, water some flowers on my deck while pantsless? It's my house, my deck, my property. I am far enough away from the road and other people that no one can see me...without a drone. I have every right to walk around my yard naked eating chili dogs without the risk of a video ending up on social media or the like. I am a fairly attractive and fit 31 year old teacher someone might want to see that video. Not only would it be embarrassing, but it could hurt my career and public image.

For the last time, the OP made it seem like "there's a drone! Gots ta shoot it down!" The OP didn't say anything about his daughter and her friends sunbathing or a 6ft privacy fence around the property, as I later found out. That's why I posted the way I did, because the media likes to make things biased.

In my neighborhood, 90% of the houses have chain link fence, meaning all I have to do is look up and see someone on the other side of it. And my next door neighbors have a POOL. You can see it from the road if you get the right angle.

The OP's article, being so vague, I invisioned a house from my neighborhood, which made it sound like he was just in his backyard and decided to start firing in the air. That's why I said "invasion of privacy, lolwut?"
Would you not be upset if your neighbors just started filming your backyard activities without your permission or knowledge? There is a big difference from the people on the road seeing your embarrassing mishap in your backyard to some neighbor, unbeknownst to you, filming it and doing whatever they want with it. Maybe you prefer to look at it on the bright side and think that perhaps you can become the next Youtube sensation after they post the video of you losing your pants while doing a flip on the trampoline.
He had every right too, thats an invasion of privacy, those men shouldnʻt have been hovering in other peopleʻs yards.

Kawaii Shoujo

I'm with the property owner on this one, it's basically an invasion of privacy.
Drones should not be allowed in any urban area. If you want to play with your toy, leave the city and go find a field to play in.

When amazon announced its drone delivery system, I know I wasn't the only one who thought those would make it easier to deliver packages that go BOOM! Simply put there are far too many sinister things that can be done with drones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff