Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chic Noob

According to the internet, the prevailing spelling is "esmeralda"
I think the shade of green is interesting and important to a color scheme, because I guess using the Spanish word for "emerald" sets it apart from another hopefully similar but not the same shade of green, because otherwise it's just trying to be fancy.

Chic Noob

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Honestly, I don't see why it needs two separate tags in the first place, unless it's another typo. Kinda like velvetine/tanzanite and wintermint/wintergreen, it just confuses people.

Chic Noob

MarySueShelley
Honestly, I don't see why it needs two separate tags in the first place, unless it's another typo. Kinda like velvetine/tanzanite and wintermint/wintergreen, it just confuses people.
Yeah it's a typo/misconception with typing mostly likely caused by a discrepancy between various gaia artists or whomever is responsible for marketplace tagging

Sparkling Transmutator

Lucky for you I'm wide awake right now. o u o

The tag is definitely supposed to be "esmerelda". I'll get right on to finding the items tagged incorrectly and applying the correct spelling.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! heart

Chic Noob

Winter Hue

The tag is definitely supposed to be "esmerelda". I'll get right on to finding the items tagged incorrectly and applying the correct spelling.

But google says "esmeralda" is the correct spelling because it's Spanish for emerald confused

Sparkling Transmutator

HELLIVISION
Winter Hue

But google says "esmeralda" is the correct spelling because it's Spanish for emerald confused

Esmerelda is a variant spelling of esmeralda. Although esmeralda is the Spanish translation for emerald, the color we call "esmerelda" isn't close to emerald. I will bring up the spelling of the tag for review, but for now I will be renaming the items tagged "esmeralda" to "esmerelda" since 95% of the items in the demure palette are using the "esmerelda" spelling. I will return to this thread when a decision has been made. biggrin

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
As a hotfix you could always search using both of the tags, one at a time, if you're looking for esmeralda items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff