Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
A man has heroically saved his granddaughter from the path of a train, after her stroller rolled onto the tracks.

CCTV captured the moment the grandfather of an 18-month-old girl jumped after her stroller onto the tracks, at Wentworthville Station, Sydney.

The stroller rolled off the platform while the family were purchasing their train tickets at a machine, police confirmed. After he leapt onto the track, the grandfather passed the stroller and the toddler up to his wife and daughter, before walking along the tracks to climb back onto the platform.

As the 62-year-old clambers up, a freight train can be seen narrowly missing him as it speeds through the station.

The man suffered no injuries, but the child was treated for swelling to her forehead and abrasions to her knees, according to authorities.

We know who will be getting Grandad of the Year.

Hero

Undead Enchantress

Close call!

Old...but not obsolete.

Elfin Guildsman

How did the stroller roll of in the first place?
XiaDoh-Ichii

My guess, laws of Physics. If you watch the video, it looks like the person pushing the stroller let go of it while it still in motion, probably because they thought it would stop when they let go of the handles.

Elfin Guildsman

misheru105
XiaDoh-Ichii

My guess, laws of Physics. If you watch the video, it looks like the person pushing the stroller let go of it while it still in motion, probably because they thought it would stop when they let go of the handles.
Makes me think some shouldn't have kids.....
XiaDoh-Ichii
misheru105
XiaDoh-Ichii

Makes me think some shouldn't have kids.....

I agree! They have brakes on strollers for a reason. Responsible parents would have stopped the stroller, pushed the brakes in place, THEN got their tickets. For heavens' sake, they were in a TRAIN STATION! Be aware of the dangers there!

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
XiaDoh-Ichii
They did not use the brakes.

Dedicated Wife

12,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I hope that the girl will be told about her grandfather and what he did when he was older. Hopefully the parents learned something from this.

Pure-hearted Rabbit

18,975 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
well shes lucky her grandfather saw what happened be4 something worse happened.

Desirable Gaian

2,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
What a lucky break! That family are so lucky that grandad was around to save the day! sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff