Welcome to Gaia! ::

RPERS ONLY: Which city shall be the epicenter of our holy havoc?

New York City 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 1 ]
London 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 1 ]
Amsterdam 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Los Angeles 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
Athens 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Bad Adverb

Sierra/Hades; Maleko probably doesn't know Sierra personally, unless we want to decide that he knows her already by virtue of knowing Ariella from the coffee shop and spending time with Ariella. In that case, they could know each other well or just be vague acquaintances. Either way, as a person working in the graphic design field Sierra is probably familiar with Maleko's father's company, which is a bigshot business in a field that is still unspecified. (lel) The point is that the company has an advertising presence which requires graphic design, so his business could be one of Sierra's design firm's clients. Vague connection but it's there.

I feel like personality-wise, Sierra and Maleko would get along. They're both cynical and rather apathetic. Plus, we already know that you (and Sierra by extension) think Maleko's pretty hot. And he's avaaaaaailable.... ;]

Lol I'm actually totally okay with them knowing each other. It'd be very possible, I'm sure Sierra has gone out of
her way just to drop by the coffee shop to see Ariella at any point during the day. Them running into each other
that way is bound to happen. As for the business aspect of knowing each other, it might be kind of amusing
if his father's company IS one of her firm's clients, but neither of them know the other through that venue.
It could just never come up in conversation, she works in a small office shared with another person, so if he
even went to the firm he may not have seen her there. She keeps her head down and tries to make her work
do all the talking for her lol. That way when it does come up they can be like, "Wait, we've known each other
for a while and neither of us realized?" Because I like small bits of humor like that. >.>

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
I really want to see the fullsize Sigrun in your sig now. biggrin

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

Pony version or human version? xD Also! We should talk opening the RP officially. :3

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Pony version or human version? xD Also! We should talk opening the RP officially. :3
Human version. I forget if I quoted everyone when I said it near the end of the last page, but I'd mentioned that if no one has a pressing need to start before 7-31, I'd post around then since that's when my classes end. A good number of characters expressed interest in Yui's guitar, as I recall? If someone else wants to start, then so long as I don't fall super far behind, I'm fine with that. ^^

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Human version. I forget if I quoted everyone when I said it near the end of the last page, but I'd mentioned that if no one has a pressing need to start before 7-31, I'd post around then since that's when my classes end. A good number of characters expressed interest in Yui's guitar, as I recall? If someone else wants to start, then so long as I don't fall super far behind, I'm fine with that. ^^

That works for me. :3 But yes! I think we should maybe do character questions in thread, maybe once a week?
Up to everyone else if we do more, I'm fine either way. n_n

Also! Art is by Infected Wound, he's awesome. c:

User Image

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
That works for me. :3 But yes! I think we should maybe do character questions in thread, maybe once a week?

User Image

Sure~ I think people tend to come up with questions in bursts. It's getting a tad cluttered in there though, so maybe we should clear out the 4 oldest questions everyone's answered every month or so? Do you know if Amore has had a chance to finish her profile? It's still incomplete in the thread.

Awesome art! How much does he charge for a piece like that? :3
I bet I won't be able to afford it though XD

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

User Image

Sure~ I think people tend to come up with questions in bursts. It's getting a tad cluttered in there though, so maybe we should clear out the 4 oldest questions everyone's answered every month or so? Do you know if Amore has had a chance to finish her profile? It's still incomplete in the thread.

Well if we do them in the thread, we can just remove what's there in the pad. That should keep the pad pretty
clean. c: And I believe Amore has had some time issues, but she knows it needs to be finished, too. She has to
finish the LotR one as well, though that one can wait a bit if we do a revamp.

He has a bribe shop here. I didn't actually pay for my piece, at least not in gold. It was a bit of
a trade off, I did some thread graphics for a breedables shop. c:

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

User Image

Well if we do them in the thread, we can just remove what's there in the pad. That should keep the pad pretty
clean. c: And I believe Amore has had some time issues, but she knows it needs to be finished, too. She has to

He has a bribe shop here. I didn't actually pay for my piece, at least not in gold. It was a bit of
By "do them in the thread", I assume you mean ask the questions in the thread as opposed to the pad? That's certainly a possibility and could help liven up this place. And OH GOD there's no way I could afford that anytime soon, unless I liquidated at least a third of my inventory. crying It boggles my mind how people can have trillions here. Either they have nothing (but art) to spend it on, or they make mind-blowing money.

Btw, I don't think that poll is moving anywhere, which amuses me since the numbers 1 and 2 are exactly the same as in the recruit thread. Should we just call it LA then?

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
I just wrote my first even remotely apocalyptic RP post--without having ever read/watched anything apocalyptic save for perhaps World War Z. Ooh boy. XD

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

User Image

By "do them in the thread", I assume you mean ask the questions in the thread as opposed to the pad? That's certainly a possibility and could help liven up this place. And OH GOD there's no way I could afford that anytime soon, unless I liquidated at least a third of my inventory. crying It boggles my mind how people can have trillions here. Either they have nothing (but art) to spend it on, or they make mind-blowing money.

Btw, I don't think that poll is moving anywhere, which amuses me since the numbers 1 and 2 are exactly the same as in the recruit thread. Should we just call it LA then?

Yep, just ask them here instead of posting them to the pad. c:

xD! Gold is actually really easy to make on this site. My fiance is good at playing the Marketplace, idk how.
I could never figure that crap out. xD I just got a request for a bunch of art with an offer of a trillion in gold.
I finished three pieces of art for 500bil too. But the quality of my art has also improved. I'm pretty cheap by
most Gaian standards though.

And yeah, I'm guessing it's LA. xD

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

User Image

xD! Gold is actually really easy to make on this site. My fiance is good at playing the Marketplace, idk how.
I could never figure that crap out. xD I just got a request for a bunch of art with an offer of a trillion in gold.
I finished three pieces of art for 500bil too. But the quality of my art has also improved. I'm pretty cheap by

That way, we'll definitely make better use of the mass quote. If we want everyone participating, should we appropriate one of our first posts to hold links to them all?

o.o ?!?!? I'm terrible at self-valuation, and the prices I've successfully charged, to memory, have never risen above 50bil... What would you value Digi1, Digi2, and Pencil at? Digi1 was probably the hardest to do because I had no pencil sketch to build from, and digis take longer because scanner and coloring, but if the valuation were high enough, maybe... Would anyone pay for 3D model picture requests?
Did you do freebies, auctions, or something else to get publicity? I'm kinda certain that contributes to the reason why all my art shops are flops. And does anyone do a combined gfx/art shop? I don't think so?

LA it is then. Alan's profile won't need to change since I wrote LA into it (unless I want to make his business something else), and Yui's could change just because I subbed in general terms for uni, even though I was thinking LA anyway.

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

User Image

That way, we'll definitely make better use of the mass quote. If we want everyone participating, should we appropriate one of our first posts to hold links to them all?

o.o ?!?!? I'm terrible at self-valuation, and the prices I've successfully charged, to memory, have never risen above 50bil... What would you value Digi1, Digi2, and Pencil at? Digi1 was probably the hardest to do because I had no pencil sketch to build from, and digis take longer because scanner and coloring, but if the valuation were high enough, maybe... Would anyone pay for 3D model picture requests?
Did you do freebies, auctions, or something else to get publicity? I'm kinda certain that contributes to the reason why all my art shops are flops. And does anyone do a combined gfx/art shop? I don't think so?

LA it is then. Alan's profile won't need to change since I wrote LA into it (unless I want to make his business something else), and Yui's could change just because I subbed in general terms for uni, even though I was thinking LA anyway.

Eh, that's a lot to maintain. xD If you want to, I suppose it's possible to link to them all. But if we do a weekly
thing with a few questions, make it big and in yo face enough it should be easy enough for people to see and
respond to.

Ohhhh I am so bad at pricing. xD It's literally the only reason I have a bribe shop. >.< I've never seen a mix of
graphics and art together. I myself separated the two (but then my graphics shop IS a joint one.) I've never
seen a 3D modeling shop either, so idk if it would do well or not. I did do some freebies and auctions, but I
rarely pop in to give out the link to my shop afterward.

I left Sierra's profile ambiguous as far as which city they were in. It could really work anywhere. But in LA, UCLA
is there and there's lots of others as well. Plus I know the area fairly well so there's that. xD I was kinda really
hoping for Athens though. xD

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

Eh, that's a lot to maintain. xD If you want to, I suppose it's possible to link to them all. But if we do a weekly
thing with a few questions, make it big and in yo face enough it should be easy enough for people to see and
respond to.

Ohhhh I am so bad at pricing. xD It's literally the only reason I have a bribe shop. >.< I've never seen a mix of
graphics and art together. I myself separated the two (but then my graphics shop IS a joint one.) I've never
seen a 3D modeling shop either, so idk if it would do well or not. I did do some freebies and auctions, but I

I left Sierra's profile ambiguous as far as which city they were in. It could really work anywhere. But in LA, UCLA
is there and there's lots of others as well. Plus I know the area fairly well so there's that. xD I was kinda really
Publicity is my biggest downfall. Maybe I don't know how to advertise. XD

That makes two of us. I think we had that conversation in the recruit thread too XD Too bad no one else seems to have shown to overturn the tie. Maaaybe Dil could; I haven't seen her around in a bit.

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine
Nintendraw
Brosephiine

respond to.

Publicity is my biggest downfall. Maybe I don't know how to advertise. XD

That makes two of us. I think we had that conversation in the recruit thread too XD Too bad no one else seems to have shown to overturn the tie. Maaaybe Dil could; I haven't seen her around in a bit.

It's not quite a tie. We could hold a poll just between LA and Athens, but eh. At this point LA won already lol.

Honestly I don't really advertise either. xD I stick it in my signature and hope people click it.
Back before the Great Inflation, I dealt solely in luck keys. Bought them en masse for 50k or less, sold them for 80k or more.

I was a millionaire back before that didn't mean anything.

A word of caution with any kind of 'Questions of the Week' activity. I joined one RP where community involvement was so important that you would be publicly, passive-aggressively called out if you forgot to do them.

I was always thinking - I never agreed or volunteered for this, would you just chill out? I have better things to do sometimes.

So basically, what I'm saying is that a "questions of the week" event (posting it, not answering it) should be volunteer-only.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff