NaNo 2014 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
Killer on the Loose 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Nun with a Gun 0.4375 43.8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
So I've decided to do Camp next month and I thought I had my plan figured out but in the past week or two, I've had so many story ideas come to mind that I'm now stuck on whether to stick with my original plan or not. So I'm gunna mention 5 ideas or plans below and let me know what you think and what I should focus on next month.

1. The Camp NaNo 2013 story I started but never completed: I'm not even 1/4 way through it, it's fully planned out, just needs writing. I can't really describe the genre: A guy dies and he's know in what you would consider limbo and basically his journey and the people he meets.

2. Camp NaNo 2014 story is fully written (on paper) and I need to put it on a word document and edit it (for the first time) as it goes from paper to screen. It's a summer novel with two best friends on holiday together and there's quite a lot of geeky talk in it!

3. NaNo 2014 story is a fantasy, pretty stereotypical at the moment I'd say with 'farm' boy being caught up in an adventure with a strong female lead with a mysterious past. There's four different types of races and a ranking. I got about half way through it. Again, didn't complete it but it's fully planned out so just needs writing.

4. New story: Based on a bunch of movies and I dream I had 5 days ago. Basically Battle Royale/SAW-esque where people are trapped in one place and there is a killer on the lose. One girl attempted to trick the killer into letting her on his side but her ultimate plan is to ideally (once she's helped him kill everyone else) kill him and escape.

5. A Nun with a Gun << this phrase has made me laugh SO hard all week and so I've been rummaging my brain with how this could be a story xD

What do you all think?

Fashionable Powerhouse

If you still have the will and drive to finish it, I'd say complete the 2013 Camp story. You may find changes in writing style or pattern of speech or something when you go back and edit it later on, but that's always fixable. Better to finish a story than to scrap it in my opinion.

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
The Eighth Of Infinity
If you still have the will and drive to finish it, I'd say complete the 2013 Camp story. You may find changes in writing style or pattern of speech or something when you go back and edit it later on, but that's always fixable. Better to finish a story than to scrap it in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion! ^_^
I suggest the Limbo one but why not also put aside a small bit of time to write up the one you have already completed?

Let the others play around in the back of your mind for a bit until your ideas develop on their own.. instead of forcing ideas to come 3nodding

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Snowfax
I suggest the Limbo one but why not also put aside a small bit of time to write up the one you have already completed?

Let the others play around in the back of your mind for a bit until your ideas develop on their own.. instead of forcing ideas to come 3nodding

Great ideas ^_^
Thank you!!

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
          Long live the reckless and the brave
                                                      I don't think I wanna be saved
                                                                                              My song has not been sung

While I would love to read a story called "Nun with a Gun" I like the 4th one. It's a new take on the classic horror movie set up.

But I do agree with Snowfax. Follow the muse, write the stories your mind is already tending towards.

LongLiveUs

Dapper Phantom

User Image
    User Image

Camp is meant to get the writing juices going in my opinion. I'd say the Nun with the Gun might be the most fun and the hardest to get into a story. It'd be interesting to stretch a bit and try that biggrin

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Cash Grabber 500
    • Timid 100
    Pink Elephant will take 4 if you choose not to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff