Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

"and it might make your items sell quicker"

Because it's an auto buy, so it'll lead to people simply buying more GC to just buy out whatever item they want.

I initially thought the GC would transfer, but it's a permanent gold generator??

I have set my items to GC buy as well. It's placed the exchange at about half of what it would be if I bought things to sell in the MP.

I dunno. I want to see how this plays out.

Bunny

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but -- Hey, let's be fair to the OP. They didn't know what the feature involved. They posted this thread at like 3:40pm and Gaia made their announcement after 4pm (even Rance popped in on pg2 to clarify things). I hope they revamp their post once they actually read the new feature details.

It seemed like a great idea. Users selling their items for Gold or Gaia Cash, and will receive either Gold or Gaia Cash. BUT NO. Gaia had to ******** up this great idea with the purchase granting ONLY Gaia Gold to the seller, whether it's purchased with Gold or Cash. And everyone's already said it... Gold Generating.

I hope they actually read their features feedback thread. So far, I've only seen negative replies. I almost want to call that they'll ignore the negative feedback and try to assure us that it's a good idea and will have a positive effect on the economy & users experience.
lol

Magic Hobo

Well I'm not 100% sure but it seems like Gaia's gone ahead and done something that could have been super useful and not caused many problems at all and implemented it in the worst possible manner. Again.

local gaian discovers the farthest point possible from 'surprised', builds house there to live. story at 11.

AfTK's Wife

Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I think this is not such a bad thing at all. If I see an item I like from a CI, but it's stupidly rare and I happen to have the GC to spend, I'd rather spend it on the item directly from the MP than try my godawful luck at the CI. Honestly, I think it could lead to deflation rather than inflation, but it'll take time. Like all new features, they're still testing this one, so I'm interested to see how well it works.

Edit: I'd also like to note that lots of MMORPGs (example: Guild Wars 2) have a gold to gems (cash) conversion in-game. Now, you can't buy user-listed items for gems, but you can convert your gems into gold to buy the items if you reeeeally want to. Or, if you make a lot of gold and want something from the gem store, you can convert your gold back to gems. If Gaia makes a habit of releasing the Kicopots in conjunction with the new MP feature, it might work out rather nicely. The Kicopots are a risk, of course, because they won't follow the gold to gc ratio due to being random, but that makes for a nice gold sink. Some people could come out lucky and get 4999 gc which they could then spend on the items they really want, or they could fail and get 20gc, which can still be spent on items, just not the really expensive ones.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
It's more trouble than what it is worth, I'm not even going to bother with it.
Honestly I think this was a stupid idea... sweatdrop

Heart Tamer

I'm not going to jump the gun on this one and declare it a mistake or anything of the sort. I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach. They've been making strides towards getting the economy (and the site overall) into better shape the last few months, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. In all honesty, I'm getting the sense that most users don't purchase GC at all (considering how much they keep "upping the ante" for new GC items discounting GC and setting tiers). The cash cow might be drying up so they're trying something new.

It also "sounds" like they might be considering FINALLY getting rid of "the harmful gold generators" that they make it sound like they introduced to combat inflation. rofl

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

This is a terrible, terrible idea Gaia.
But like all features on Gaia, it only works if people actually use it.
And judging by the iffy gold to GC ratio, I don't think anyone would take the GC route to get stuff off the MP.
I know I wouldn't.
I think I'll list some things for GC and see if there's anyone foolish enough to buy them with GC.

Fluffy Trickster

I am skeptical as it's another form of gold generator that is present everywhere now and 24h/7
On the other hand it can go to way, deflation and inflation.
Deflation as we now have gc to gold ratio to know when item's overpriced.
It might uniform pricing somewhat to reflect the ratio

Or
It will just be extra thing we all ignore like that store sellback value because it's not worth it.
(Honestly I hope for this)

I do fear that people who buy item in cash shop to sell for gold that tend to provide supply of cash shop item will switch to directly using gc in mp instead
It will make for less item supply and increase in price which I somewhat fear to see happen.

I am wary of what will change, but so far decide to observe
As someone going on hiatus.
Do I hold on to my gold.
Or do I hold on to my items.
I see conflicting views here.
Beta phases burning_eyes
Only time will tell.
But most likely hold on to items.
But I gtg buy something rn.
omg forget I asked.

Fluffy Trickster

Pankontra
As someone going on hiatus.
Do I hold on to my gold.
Or do I hold on to my items.
I see conflicting views here.
Beta phases burning_eyes
Only time will tell.
But most likely hold on to items.
But I gtg buy something rn.
omg forget I asked.

Do both? Have back up investment in item, but still enough gold to buy or do something.

Super Superfan

13,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Yeah...no thanks. emotion_eyebrow

31,575 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Dear Marketplace, could you be please more uglier? With wider and bigger tables and lines? With long named items MP looks terrible...
This is.. i don't know what to say... i don't like GC, i don't have any, so i will never use this feature.
It's just annoying because MP is uglier and harder to see through with one blick.

Rampaging Kitten

Gash Thrashum
I'm not going to jump the gun on this one and declare it a mistake or anything of the sort. I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach. They've been making strides towards getting the economy (and the site overall) into better shape the last few months, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm honestly surprised that they are trying with the marketplace. I know everyone has been using the whole 'user-ran' terms everywhere and I know that I, myself, am guilty of helping with this awful inflation.

I mean, I've noticed some items are climbing so high, which in all honesty, Gaia didn't make you (the seller, not you as the poster sweatdrop ) put the prices of the items that way. If users really want to conquer inflation, they need to take it by the balls and start beating it instead of blaming Gaia for it.

Questionable Protagonist

I honestly gave this waaaaaaay too much thought.
Prepare to read a giant wall of text or just skip it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff