Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
"I'm gonna get stronger..." User Image

User Image

So as known, on the same day that the Lucas DLC came out, Earthbound Beginnings (Also known as Earthbound Zero and or Mother) came out on the same day for Wii U as a Virtual Console game. Now, Not being a huge fan of the game myself, I prefer Mother 3 and Earthbound over the prequel, I still think it has it's charm and uniqueness to it that a lot of RPG's at the Time didn't really have. I love the story, the uniqueness of the Boss Battle, and the Characters. Though what do you guys think of the game that started Earthbound?

"I'm gonna get so strong, that even a Dragos won't stand a chance against me! User Image

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Personally, I love it, and loved every minute of playing it.
I remember pouring hours into grinding for certain things, and the pay off for trying so hard.
I remember really loving Ninten and Lloyd the most, really charming characters.
Or, I guess it's weird to say Ninten is charming, since he'd be considered the most flat of all the MC's.
But like... I paid a lot of attention to the things people would say to him and what judgements they'd make.
The more I played the more I kinda found this little personality in him; a scrappy kid, who's otherwise honest and compassionate.
However, he knows he's got talent and is a bit full of himself, so he's gotta learn there's more to life than himself?
And maybe he's compensating for some things, considering his asthma and all.
Maybe that's the writer in me looking way too deeply into him, but ********, I like Ninten. :'<
The whole game brought me back to that "imagination" thing I had a kid playing NES games.
It's so minimalistic compared to games of today, so you always sorta imagine what things are like, or little details, you know?

There was also something really neat about always being able to use Magicant as a safe haven?
I know some people thought it was annoying always having to go there and then walk back to where ever you were before.
But to me, it was like, OH NO SOMETHING'S GONE WRONG. ABORT ABORT!
And then swoosh, onyx hook, and I'm back in Magicant. Let's restock on things, heal up, and try again. :>

And Eight Melodies is probably one of my favorite songs in the whole series... it just makes me feel really, really warm and fuzzy.
I liked playing it on the ocarina, and missed it when I had to put it away to make space.
The whole thing with Giegue and Queen Mary is touching. The ending felt satisfying.

It's funny, I've played EarthBound and Mother 1, and slowly going through Mother 3, I don't like it as much?
I mean, of course it's not bad, it's great, but something about 3 isn't grabbing me like 1 and 2 did.

Sorry for the tl;dr, I really like Mother 1 and it's not often I get to talk about it.
So I'm glad it's available on VC for people to play too. Buuut it's not an easy game, so...
People outta just keep that in mind, and keep trying even when it gets frustrating.
... Like Mt. Itoi. Oh my god Mt. Itoi was brutal.

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
char fashionable
Personally, I love it, and loved every minute of playing it.
I remember pouring hours into grinding for certain things, and the pay off for trying so hard.
I remember really loving Ninten and Lloyd the most, really charming characters.
Or, I guess it's weird to say Ninten is charming, since he'd be considered the most flat of all the MC's.
But like... I paid a lot of attention to the things people would say to him and what judgements they'd make.
The more I played the more I kinda found this little personality in him; a scrappy kid, who's otherwise honest and compassionate.
However, he knows he's got talent and is a bit full of himself, so he's gotta learn there's more to life than himself?
And maybe he's compensating for some things, considering his asthma and all.
Maybe that's the writer in me looking way too deeply into him, but ********, I like Ninten. :'<
The whole game brought me back to that "imagination" thing I had a kid playing NES games.
It's so minimalistic compared to games of today, so you always sorta imagine what things are like, or little details, you know?

There was also something really neat about always being able to use Magicant as a safe haven?
I know some people thought it was annoying always having to go there and then walk back to where ever you were before.
But to me, it was like, OH NO SOMETHING'S GONE WRONG. ABORT ABORT!
And then swoosh, onyx hook, and I'm back in Magicant. Let's restock on things, heal up, and try again. :>

And Eight Melodies is probably one of my favorite songs in the whole series... it just makes me feel really, really warm and fuzzy.
I liked playing it on the ocarina, and missed it when I had to put it away to make space.
The whole thing with Giegue and Queen Mary is touching. The ending felt satisfying.

It's funny, I've played EarthBound and Mother 1, and slowly going through Mother 3, I don't like it as much?
I mean, of course it's not bad, it's great, but something about 3 isn't grabbing me like 1 and 2 did.

Sorry for the tl;dr, I really like Mother 1 and it's not often I get to talk about it.
So I'm glad it's available on VC for people to play too. Buuut it's not an easy game, so...
People outta just keep that in mind, and keep trying even when it gets frustrating.
... Like Mt. Itoi. Oh my god Mt. Itoi was brutal.

User Image

I can agree 100% with what you said. I did find myself to enjoy the game, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I did Mother 3, but I do have much fonder memories of Mother 1 actually then I did Mother 2. I felt very connected to what was happening and I felt that Maria and Giegue had a rather strong connection as Mother and Son then I could really imagine there being. It spoke to me on a deep level. I consider it to be in my top 10 games being a Number 4 Spot. When reading what you said, I took a look back at it and it spoke to me deeply. I'm glad to have seen your insight on it. c:

"I'm gonna get so strong, that even a Dragos won't stand a chance against me! User Image

super kaki's Pardner

I was actually really enjoying it until I got up to this one point in the rom where my saves never registered and I kept getting thrown back to the same save point over and over again. I'm def buying this on the WiiU. I love Earthbound so much. heart

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
Super Pedestrian
I was actually really enjoying it until I got up to this one point in the rom where my saves never registered and I kept getting thrown back to the same save point over and over again. I'm def buying this on the WiiU. I love Earthbound so much. heart

User Image

Huh, that's a bit odd that there's a certain point where you couldn't save on it. Which point was it? I also love Earthbound, the joy of it and how it made me so happy, it's a great game that I recommend to people.

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
I'm really hoping this is a sign they will also release Mother 3 in the US & Europe someday

Kawaii Shoujo

I have only played Earthbound but not the other two games, since it's no surprise... neither was released in North America but I would like to play Earthbound Beginnings if it wasn't a download game.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
/throws money at Nintendo

This will bring Mother 3 to the west, right?

super kaki's Pardner

Peacemaker Sam
Super Pedestrian

User Image

Huh, that's a bit odd that there's a certain point where you couldn't save on it. Which point was it? I also love Earthbound, the joy of it and how it made me so happy, it's a great game that I recommend to people.

It was either somewhere in Snowman or a littler further ahead. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about unreliable save points anymore!

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
My Friend Goop

User Image

Haha! Nintendo should really get their crap together and bring it to the states, it only seems fair.

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
Krazy-Chibi
I'm really hoping this is a sign they will also release Mother 3 in the US & Europe someday

User Image

I kept seeing people saying it might come out next year since it would be the 10 year anniversary of it's initial release, I'm hoping that it will be the case.

Dangerous Raider

9,125 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • First step to fame 200
fairy-phoenix
I have only played Earthbound but not the other two games, since it's no surprise... neither was released in North America but I would like to play Earthbound Beginnings if it wasn't a download game.

User Image

I like to think of it as a official U.S release, so honestly, a official release of it is better then a fan translated release or no release outside Japan at all.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
My thoughts on the game itself are none since I have yet to buy it but eventually will.
However my thoughts on the decision to actually localize and translate the game are that it's about damn time they did so.

Also, love your FE Cosplay avi.
It's Lucina right?

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Peacemaker Sam
My Friend Goop

User Image

Haha! Nintendo should really get their crap together and bring it to the states, it only seems fair.

Well it only took them 20 years to get EarthBound to the PAL region, which is where I live. 8)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff