Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
It's like an episode of Orphan Black. A woman who discovered another woman that looked exactly like her has discovered an additional woman that could also pass as her twin.

Niamh Geaney, who met up with her real-life doppelganger in April after launching an online campaign to link up "twin strangers," has found a second person that really resembles her.

While Geaney's first lookalike, Karen Branigan, weirdly lived only an hour away from her in Ireland, her new clone, Luisa Guizzardi, lives in Italy. So the 22-year-old travelled all the way to Genoa to see her face mirrored on yet another stranger. This time, she spent time with Guizzardi's family and friends before meeting her in person. One friend, Andrea, had a startling effect on her.

"When I met Andrea, he said that myself and Luisa have the same presence or aura," she said. "I broke down and cried." She then met Luisa's mother, who starting crying herself.

Geaney said she was nervous before meeting her second lookalike, but within moments, she was noticing how alike they were, with similar gestures and movements.

"So great to meet you and meet your face," she said.

The Twin Strangers project allows anyone to submit a photo of themselves and a description of their features. They'll then receive notifications of any close matches.

Geaney found her first twin stranger earlier this year. She's looking for another five.

Link

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Fits with the theory that there are only a thousand real people and the rest are special effects. xp

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Once she finishes establishing her ring of assassins they will make big money killing people and robbing jewelry stores and eyewitnesses will be thwarted in police line ups. smile

Years ago when I was in the navy on the USS Enterprise (aircraft carrier - lots of people) I had several of my work mates swear up and down there was this one guy they would see once in a while who looked exactly like me.

I never personally saw the guy. There were roughly 6,000 people on board and he worked in some other department / area of the ship. But people would cross paths once in a while in hallways or on the mess decks and my friends saw him. And a couple of them were close enough friends I believe they were telling me the truth and not just pulling my leg.

Fuzzy Dragon

There was a guy from Ohio (in SC) who moved down here a few years ago that looked like a slightly younger version on my uncle. He had been called by my uncles name and my uncle his. He even fooled my mom.

Wintry Dragon

I did encounter a couple of close ones, never up close. I once showed my mom a picture of one them and she thought I was that person.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well, this reminds me of last years cashiering, when I found 13 pairs of doppelgangers in my line throughout the summer.

Philosophizing Otaku

16,150 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Falling For You 25
Man, I don't know if that's downright spooky or really interesting.....Dopplegangers are a strange concept for sure! eek

I think I've gotten pretty close to those who look like me, but it's often on tv and never in my actual life.

Kawaii Shoujo

I remember my uncle sending a photo of a guy that really resembled my father and it was taken not long after my parents came back from their trip.

Invisible Player

A friend sent me a picture of a girl he saw at a parade. She had cankles, I was not happy. I have very nicely defined ankles.

My mom came across my doppleganger on a very unfortunate sexy pop up. It was bad....she woke me up by throwing things at me....

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Now it's only a matter of figuring out which one wants to kill you and take your place. Or maybe its both.

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
JamesWN
Now it's only a matter of figuring out which one wants to kill you and take your place. Or maybe its both.

User Image

Love can accomplish many a great thing

Single White Female?

Opal's Firestarter~

If cultivated by the two that share it.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
II O P A L II
JamesWN

User Image

Single White Female?

Opal's Firestarter~

Doppelganger.

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
JamesWN
II O P A L II
JamesWN

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/Meruda/Pixels/Pokemon/tumblr_static_drbovxmocnc4ksccoogso0w40-Copy_zps41581554.gif

Single White Female?

Opal's Firestarter~

Doppelganger.

User Image

She was in the end, no?

Opal's Firestarter~

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
II O P A L II
JamesWN
II O P A L II
JamesWN

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/Meruda/Pixels/Pokemon/tumblr_static_drbovxmocnc4ksccoogso0w40-Copy_zps41581554.gif

Single White Female?

Opal's Firestarter~

Doppelganger.

User Image

She was in the end, no?

Opal's Firestarter~

Don't know the movie. Was just referring to doppelganger myths in general.

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
JamesWN
II O P A L II
JamesWN
II O P A L II
JamesWN

Single White Female?

Opal's Firestarter~

Doppelganger.

She was in the end, no?

Opal's Firestarter~

Don't know the movie. Was just referring to doppelganger myths in general.

User Image

Ooooh my bad. Its about a woman who tries to kill another woman, looks like her and stuff and tries take her place xD

Opal's Firestarter~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas