Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
wow people are still under cutting prices on marketplace just to make items worthless so they can get quick cash

not even counting how many time gaia re releases items over and over making it worthless to even keep for years to try to resell and make a profit

so basicly marketplace is ruined,as you can pretty much get anything if you wait it out

excluding items that are from some of those user tickets,but those suck anyway

so what is left on gaia that is not ruined?

Celestial Sweetheart

31,300 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
surprised
That has always happened
I dont see how MP is destroyed
if anything we are going back finally to low prices :3

Dapper Puppy

This sounds more like a personal complaint than a large topic for discussion.

Time-traveling Senshi

So wait you'd rather things be way too over inflated that no one can afford things anymore just to protect your account worth? That's one of the major reasons a lot of people left and why a lot won't come back for more than a week. They see the prices and what it takes to get them and they up and leave for good. I'll price at a level that's better for buyers if I want to. I'm not on the marketplace for your bottom line and your account worth.

Healing Hunter

26,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
You mean people are trying to fight the inflation? Sweet, good, hope they continue to do so.

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chinami Mizuki
surprised
That has always happened

THIIIIIIIIS.

Undercutting, given the ridiculously overinflated state of the economy, is a GOOD THING. People SHOULD be undercutting. Drastically.

Time-traveling Senshi

Avendasora
Chinami Mizuki
surprised
That has always happened

THIIIIIIIIS.

Undercutting, given the ridiculously overinflated state of the economy, is a GOOD THING. People SHOULD be undercutting. Drastically.

Exactly, more people should be doing this but there's such a stigma against people who do that they're afraid to upset the hardcore vendors and marketplace sellers. I price down to the nearest billion, a level I feel comfortable with, for three reasons really. First, it's better for the buyers because it will give them better deals. Second, most of the time when I am selling I want that quick sale and the better the price is the sooner it will be sold. And third, I'm just darn lazy when it comes to math that I love easy math with a bunch of zeroes at the end. I don't hate math but most of the time I don't want to break out the calculator just to figure out what the gross sales numbers are going to be and I like to think others don't as well. It's why I'll never go for the gimmick listings with funky numbers.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I price my items at what I think they're worth. If you think they're worth more, feel free to buy mine at the lower price.

Obsessive Browser

GOOD. As it has always been with the market: if someone is willing to pay more, the item's value will go up. If no one wants the item at a certain price, more listings will appear until the item is available for a price people WILL buy it for.

I've been seeing items that I want listed for way over the ABP, so knowing that some sellers are starting to cut prices gives me hope.

Hardcore Werewolf

17,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • OTP 200
Albern Puppy
This sounds more like a personal complaint than a large topic for discussion.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
You do realize that the marketplace is exactly what it states it is... a marketplace, where the focus is selling items (Even at ludicrous prices)

It's not about appeasing you, it's about people making gold.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
*undercuts everything by 5 to 10 bill*

The market it's being slow lately and with the constant release of items is comprehensible that people want to sell fast. I like the tendency, means that if you are patient enough you will be able to get items cheaper.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
rolleyes Gee I should feel guilty if I buy or sell something cheaper than someone at a free marketplace.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
If you're annoyed by the fact that someone undercut you, then I'm not sure how to console you.
That's all economies in a nutshell, in the end it benefits the consumer and I think people LIKE that.
You can always hold on to your item or put it in the MP for a longer duration? That's what I do, and I sell plenty of items at my prices easily.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Chinami Mizuki
surprised
That has always happened

This.

I also want to add that because of the wealth disparity, items take longer to sell than they used to. A much lower price can be the only way to sell an item within a reasonable timeframe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff