Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Gekko

I know this game is like four years old, but I still hear complaints about it all the time. I personally loved it, and I was wondering what other fans of the game like about it. For me, I loved Ghirahim as a villain. I was also a big fan of the art style and music. Fi wasn't the greatest as a game mechanic, but her goodbye at the end of the game was beautiful.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Let's just get it out of the way and say: the motion controls sucked. Wii motion plus is the worst.

Skyward Sword had a really cute narrative, particularly Link's close relationship with Zelda. Ancient Cistern was my favorite dungeon. The aesthetic was great. Ghirahim was a decent villain. The battles with him were a bit aggravating, but the final one was worth the wait.

Fi had a really cool design, but Midna was a hard act to follow. The AI/robot personality seemed oddly out of place as the spirit of the Master Sword. I would have preferred if she was more enigmatic and divine seeming, as well as focusing on the quest and justice more, instead of constantly throwing out made up probabilities and obvious observations.

Greedy Gekko

Yoshpet
Let's just get it out of the way and say: the motion controls sucked. Wii motion plus is the worst.

Skyward Sword had a really cute narrative, particularly Link's close relationship with Zelda. Ancient Cistern was my favorite dungeon. The aesthetic was great. Ghirahim was a decent villain. The battles with him were a bit aggravating, but the final one was worth the wait.

Fi had a really cool design, but Midna was a hard act to follow. The AI/robot personality seemed oddly out of place as the spirit of the Master Sword. I would have preferred if she was more enigmatic and divine seeming, as well as focusing on the quest and justice more, instead of constantly throwing out made up probabilities and obvious observations.

I hear the complaints about motion controls a lot. While I personally didn't have any problems with them, I know a lot of people did. Midna was amazing, no doubt, and Fi definitely didn't live up. I thought the Ancient Cistern was the best dungeon as well, but I liked most of them a lot.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
TarsonTheRedguard
Yoshpet

I hear the complaints about motion controls a lot. While I personally didn't have any problems with them, I know a lot of people did. Midna was amazing, no doubt, and Fi definitely didn't live up. I thought the Ancient Cistern was the best dungeon as well, but I liked most of them a lot.

Yeah. I don't think the motion controls were hard so much as unpleasant. I hate the aim resetting that you have to do so often to keep crosshairs centered on screen.

The Sandship was another good dungeon. It was fun to navigate and figure out. The boss was weird though. About as far from menacing as they come.

I feel like they couldn't decide between the grit and realism of Twilight Princess and the colorful, whimsical design of Wind Waker. They came out somewhere inbetween and it works for some characters and areas, but not for others.

Perfect Star

I would fly for foreverrrrrr

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I liked everything except playing it.
Yoshpet
TarsonTheRedguard
Yoshpet

Yeah. I don't think the motion controls were hard so much as unpleasant. I hate the aim resetting that you have to do so often to keep crosshairs centered on screen.

The Sandship was another good dungeon. It was fun to navigate and figure out. The boss was weird though. About as far from menacing as they come.

I feel like they couldn't decide between the grit and realism of Twilight Princess and the colorful, whimsical design of Wind Waker. They came out somewhere inbetween and it works for some characters and areas, but not for others.

personally i think i know why they did the hole reset hand placement thing for the ranged weapons but the execution was lazy. they could have just set control options to let you choose if you want to aim your bow and slingshot like a bow or like a gun using the more traditional hand placement that one would use to aim whit the wiimote .

personally i loved the motion controls .i guess its cause i got used to hard swinging in red steel 2 which makes it easier for the device to track you and also i learned that you can calibrate mid battle whit out pausing by holding it backwards for 3 seconds. also i really loved the boss fights specially the final boss ,i really felt like i was having a real sword duel .

Dapper Spotter

For all the complaints about the motion controls I never really had any problems with it. I actually enjoyed the swordplay quite a bit and the fights with Ghiriam and Demise were some of my favorite in the series.

Fi was terrible though. Her ending was touching but at the same time I didn't need her popping in and telling me in every single room what to do. I'd see a switch and Fi would give me some bullshit statistic as to why I should press it. Thanks Fi.

I liked the equipment system, or at least the attempt at it. It was nice to see Zelda trying to break away from its normal routine and give us items that would actually break and we needed to replace. The different perks that came with some items created and interesting set up too and upgrading our equipment helped give a sense of progression.

On the other hand, I hate the concept of breakable shields. Breakable guard like in Dark Souls? Sure. Breakable shields where I either have to buy more than one or go back to town to grab a new one later? No thanks. Thankfully they give you an unbreakable shield for doing a boss rush later.
Never played it and the game is still collecting dust at Wally World for 50 bucks.

I would if Amazon sold it for less but wtf.
WildChubbyWolf
Never played it and the game is still collecting dust at Wally World for 50 bucks.

I would if Amazon sold it for less but wtf.
if you want it new then good luck whit that . popular nintendo games dont tend to drop in price unless they get one or two nintendo select reprints . so they can become rare after a while . if it doesn't get rereleased soon you might have to pay 60 or more

Dedicated Loiterer

All the NPCs in Skyloft were pretty interesting and I really liked Batreux's quest. Flying around was neat. A lot of the scenery was really pretty and I liked the one temple that had hell in the lower level for no real reason.

I wish the areas of the world were connected so you could more easily go between them and the one single goron hanging around didn't really make sense. The stupid seahorse quest was ******** stupid. Overall Fi was kind of annoying.

Kawaii Shoujo

I guess I am gonna have to say that the first battle against Ghirahim was pretty cool.
the only thing that i didn't like was how empty the sky was . would have been nice to have a few villages and flying enemies in the sky . but other then that i loved the game. combat was felt very satisfying and fun. also how nice to finally get to ******** know zelda

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff